Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
With all due respect to the fallen, Mexican Armed forces including their Army are not even able to win against their drug cartels
Bruh πŸ˜…
Even their SF operators go and work for the cartels for better prospects, I bet the cartels have men on their payroll on the highest ranks of their armed forces probably😈

Killbot

Country flag
Well, ig then it proves that all the equipment in the world couldn't make you a better operator. Shit, even RR or CRPF QRT could have done a better raid than in this video with gear costing a tenth of these dudes. But then that's the point. With soldiers and operators as well trained and as proficient as in the Indian Army, better gear on par with the world standard would really make the edge of the khukri, that much sharper.
What was wrong with this? It was textbook FIBUA (Fighting in Built Up Areas) execution. You do not enter unless absolutely necessary, and clear all targets that can be cleared from outside. This is exactly what they teach at IMA, CBS Khrue, NSG, etc.. It is used by British and Israelis as well. I don't know about CRPF QRT, but I can bet that RR would use this method

Americans use a system known as MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain). It uses a much faster and aggressive approach. Basically, it teaches that you enter a room and clear a pre assigned sector in the room. (Eg. point man clears left side, second clears right, third clears center and fourth man is the SAW operator who provides support from outside.)

Maybe you thought that Room clearing needs to be flashy. It doesn't. People think that because of Hollywood, like all other misconceptions about military operations and stuff. The main objective is getting everyone out alive. And they did that.
@Desi Aam

In MOUT they teach you to ignore threats outside your sector i.e. point man won't clear center even if he spots threat. This is very effective with Flash Bang grenade. Third one will. So it makes good use of Through the wall imagers, flashbangs etc.

In FIBUA method, the point man clears all visible threats, and enters only if rest of the tangos do not surrender. Then, the team follows the sector thing. But one disadvantage is that the 'rules', so to speak aren't specified. It just says engage target when you see it. Proficiency comes through rigorous training. If done wrong, it will cause more casualties than MOUT method done wrong, as there are rules set in stone for the latter. But it eliminates the need for flashbangs as it uses a much slower and deliberate method for room clearing. Makes good use of Through the wall radars and CornerShot type weapons.

Hence, the so called 'Gucci Gear' isn't really Gucci at all, it is super necessary. Without the right equipment, the khukri is not sharp at all, it is blunt. So, without both training and equipment, one cannot be effective in battle.

@Bhadra @Gessler @rkhanna @abingdonboy can tell you more..

MOUT vs. FIBUA:

FIBUA: This was by an ex Sayeret Matkal/YAMAM Operator BTW. Israeli. Watch all videos, very interesting.

FIBUA at IMA, Dehradun:

watch from 23:30 onwards.

Last edited:

HawkisRight

Country flag
What was wrong with this? It was textbook FIBUA (Fighting in Built Up Areas) execution. You do not enter unless absolutely necessary, and clear all targets that can be cleared from outside. This is exactly what they teach at IMA, CBS Khrue, NSG, etc.. It is used by British and Israelis as well. I don't know about CRPF QRT, but I can bet that RR would use this method

Americans use a system known as MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain). It uses a much faster and aggressive approach. Basically, it teaches that you enter a room and clear a pre assigned sector in the room. (Eg. point man clears left side, second clears right, third clears center and fourth man is the SAW operator who provides support from outside.)

Maybe you thought that Room clearing needs to be flashy. It doesn't. People think that because of Hollywood, like all other misconceptions about military operations and stuff. The main objective is getting everyone out alive. And they did that.
@Desi Aam

In MOUT they teach you to ignore threats outside your sector i.e. point man won't clear center even if he spots threat. This is very effective with Flash Bang grenade. Third one will. So it makes good use of Through the wall imagers, flashbangs etc.

In FIBUA method, the point man clears all visible threats, and enters only if rest of the tangos do not surrender. Then, the team follows the sector thing. But one disadvantage is that the 'rules', so to speak aren't specified. It just says engage target when you see it. Proficiency comes through rigorous training. If done wrong, it will cause more casualties than MOUT method done wrong, as there are rules set in stone for the latter. But it eliminates the need for flashbangs as it uses a much slower and deliberate method for room clearing. Makes good use of Through the wall radars and CornerShot type weapons.

Hence, the so called 'Gucci Gear' isn't really Gucci at all, it is super necessary. Without the right equipment, the khukri is not sharp at all, it is blunt. So, without both training and equipment, one cannot be effective in battle.

MOUT vs. FIBUA:

FIBUA: This was by an ex Sayeret Matkal/YAMAM Operator BTW. Israeli. Watch all videos, very interesting.

FIBUA at IMA, Dehradun:

That's foiled Raid on el chapo's son

Vishalreddy3

Country flag

@Desi Aam

MOUT vs. FIBUA:

FIBUA at IMA, Dehradun:

In world SF thread, I posted a video where SAS CT units performing FIBUA. In fact the SAS revolutionized it in Northern Ireland!!

Killbot

Country flag
They got shafted in d end..there were rumours at dat time(not sure how true) that cartel got d revenge by killing officer involved in d Raid
Intelligence error and revenge killing. Nothing to do with tactics or training or equipment.

But yeah, intel is the most important aspect of SOF. If not competent, ops will fail...

HawkisRight

Country flag
Intelligence error and revenge killing. Nothing to do with tactics or training or equipment.

But yeah, intel is the most important aspect of SOF. If not competent, ops will fail...
No no dat raid was proper shitshow..actually d Raid got very much traction in US media at dat time

Killbot

Country flag
No no dat raid was proper shitshow..actually d Raid got very much traction in US media at dat time
Yeah.. I read about it now. Huge tactical error by whichever idiot planned it. The attacking party got outgunned, lol. No amount of training or equipment is gonna help if your commander is a fool.

Desi Aam

Country flag
@Desi Aam
Gear is good to have....but in the end...it always comes down to the Soldier...!!

The main objective is aways to complete the Mission ....Training, Tactics, Experience ......alongwith the right attitude...makes the difference, always...!!

Hollywood, Bollywood, Arm-chair warriors......less said the better.....!!

Frontrunner

Country flag
I guess not many here would have seen these interviews of few eminent men of special forces... folks it's a must watch.. each and every interview here takes u into the realms of special forces.. nd how their psyche is different from ordinary individuals... How in extreme situation they turn the odds..

Here in Major Surendra Poonia specially talks about one incidence where one SF operative named wali/vali brook through the Hizbul ranks mingling along a hizbul militant as he was fluent in Kashmiri.. nd how it helped them eliminate atleast 20 hizbul militants..

In another interview which is still resonating inside my head is of marcos operative praveen teotia... He was involved in operation black tornado during 26/11 mumbai attack.. he has spilled the beans about lack of equipment (specially the communication devices) during the operation.. nd how he volunteered to still go ahead..

The particular incident on which he emphasized was if not for the faulty grenade (produced by none other than deplorable OFB) the operation inside taj would had been over by morning itself.. where he after being hit and all alone had all 4 terrorist in the same room.. nd he dropped a single grenade on the terrorist positions..but that grenade went fuss like a diwali pataka.. he specially cribbed about that particular moment where if not for that faulty grenade all those 4 terrorist would have been killed than and there itself...

Even with faulty equipments nd low technology not aiding them as compared to western SF.. still these men volunteer to kiss death each nd evry day they operate only to be forgotten by country nd few politicians trying to scorn off their achievements by asking for proof... I salute each nd evry sf operative who choosed this life.. more power to them.. jai hind.

Killbot

Country flag
Even with faulty equipments nd low technology not aiding them as compared to western SF.. still these men volunteer to kiss death each nd evry day they operate only to be forgotten by country nd few politicians trying to scorn off their achievements by asking for proof... I salute each nd evry sf operative who choosed this life.. more power to them.. jai hind
All right, first of all, let's stop using phrases like 'volunteered to kiss death'. You are comparing them with jehadi pigs by doing so. No offense, but that is what the phrase you used implied. No one wants to die, and sending strategic assets to die is a crime. 'They are professionals' is a better way to put it.

The worst part is that the government actually gave proof. They should have told whoever asked for proof to fuck themselves. And that jernails do not know what SOF are meant for. And they aren't meant for stuff like the 2016 operation. Infantry commandos should be doing that. They should focus entirely on various forms of assymetric warfare...

Frontrunner

Country flag
All right, first of all, let's stop using phrases like 'volunteered to kiss death'. You are comparing them with jehadi pigs by doing so. No offense, but that is what the phrase you used implied. No one wants to die, and sending strategic assets to die is a crime. 'They are professionals' is a better way to put it.

The worst part is that the government actually gave proof. They should have told whoever asked for proof to fuck themselves. And that jernails do not know what SOF are meant for. And they aren't meant for stuff like the 2016 operation. Infantry commandos should be doing that. They should focus entirely on various forms of assymetric warfare...

It's not about words.. few words like kiss death or being professional won't suffice the Psychology part of special forces operative... Nd to put it no words can suffice complete the meaning of what it takes to be a special forces operative...

Wherein u nd me random internet rambos can cribb about use of a word munching cheese chalkies.. sitting comfy in our room thinking about our next delish meal or next thing to marvel at...herein we work 9am to 6pm nd still we drivel at trivial things..

However these Men operate 24Γ—7 under a constant fear of death (yes all human beings are afraid of death not for them but for the love of their family)... When they venture for their job they wouldn't be even knowing if this is the last time they had listened to their wife/mother/children etc.. this is the phycological toll of being a SF operative.. nd to continue working under such conditions day in & day out... is something not an ordinary individuals can do..

All men can be wannabe rambo nd all but it's the psychology which takes the massive hit... Now imagine urself as an individual where u hv to work with an chronic after thought.. that this could be ur last day in earth.. nd continue working with this thought day in day out for years.. ..

So rather than cribbing about words like "kissing death" nd comparing it with random yahoos high on 72 virgin pubes.. try to comprehend the words as in whole..nd the analogy behind it...

Being a military brat myself .. nd with my father had served in Siachen i will nvr compare any professional soldier be it of any country with some random religiously charged tangos riding high on 72 virgins pubes.. so stop putting ur words in my mouth.

Killbot

Country flag
It's not about words.. few words like kiss death or being professional won't suffice the Psychology part of special forces operative... Nd to put it no words can suffice complete the meaning of what it takes to be a special forces operative...

Wherein u nd me random internet rambos can cribb about use of a word munching cheese chalkies.. sitting comfy in our room thinking about our next delish meal or next thing to marvel at...herein we work 9am to 6pm nd still we drivel at trivial things..

However these Men operate 24Γ—7 under a constant fear of death (yes all human beings are afraid of death not for them but for the love of their family)... When they venture for their job they wouldn't be even knowing if this is the last time they had listened to their wife/mother/children etc.. this is the phycological toll of being a SF operative.. nd to continue working under such conditions day in & day out... is something not an ordinary individuals can do..

All men can be wannabe rambo nd all but it's the psychology which takes the massive hit... Now imagine urself as an individual where u hv to work with an chronic after thought.. that this could be ur last day in earth.. nd continue working with this thought day in day out for years.. ..

So rather than cribbing about words like "kissing death" nd comparing it with random yahoos high on 72 virgin pubes.. try to comprehend the words as in whole..nd the analogy behind it...

Being a military brat myself .. nd with my father had served in Siachen i will nvr compare any professional soldier be it of any country with some random religiously charged tangos riding high on 72 virgins pubes.. so stop putting ur words in my mouth.
Yeah, I meant no offense at all. I just pointed out how it cane across to me at first glance. I've met a few of these guys as well (veterans mostly). The one thing I gathered from talking to them was that they were very, very professional. And just as intelligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles