Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I wish just 2 guys in the same SF unit could have the same basic uniforms, this guy has tan trousers and marpat plate holder, his teammate in the back has standard IA DPM

The Way he’s holding his gloves is very ‘TFTA’ at least

Now for another reality check, Palestinian (not even a truly legitimate state) SF

ECCE1BC7-346D-4C1A-9E0D-869862D9EA25.jpeg

apoorv465

Country flag
I wish just 2 guys in the same SF unit could have the same basic uniforms, this guy has tan trousers and marpat plate holder, his teammate in the back has standard IA DPM

The Way he’s holding his gloves is very ‘TFTA’ at least

Now for another reality check, Palestinian (not even a truly legitimate state) SF

View attachment 59083
The guy is part of Izzad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, military wing of Hamas. A literal terrorist organisation.

Rohan Naik

Country flag
And he's got better gear than any Indian SOF.

I'm going to cry now.
No wonder. That's why criticism should be welcomed. Many Babus in army won't accept the fact that we are way behind in a lot of areas and especially gearing up our soldiers. It has been ages that I have been hearing about INSAS project to upgrade our infantries. Same fate as other major projects handled by so called premier institutes.

abingdonboy

Country flag
No wonder. That's why criticism should be welcomed. Many Babus in army won't accept the fact that we are way behind in a lot of areas and especially gearing up our soldiers. It has been ages that I have been hearing about INSAS project to upgrade our infantries. Same fate as other major projects handled by so called premier institutes.
Money and babudom the plague of indian services. One way or another one or both factors stall all progress

if you look at projects like LCA, LCH, LUH, Arjun, INSAS/AAR etc etc you can be brought to tears how all of them are reduced to nothing by god knows what vested interests or inept babu somewhere

Unless politicians personally track the progress of every single effort under their charge no progress ever seems to happen

+ anyone heard any updates on that tier 1 unit the army was looking to form with 120 operators? I’ve heard quite a bit of rumbling about it

Rohan Naik

Country flag
Money and babudom the plague of indian services. One way or another one or both factors stall all progress

if you look at projects like LCA, LCH, LUH, Arjun, INSAS/AAR etc etc you can be brought to tears how all of them are reduced to nothing by god knows what vested interests or inept babu somewhere

Unless politicians personally track the progress of every single effort under their charge no progress ever seems to happen

+ anyone heard any updates on that tier 1 unit the army was looking to form with 120 operators? I’ve heard quite a bit of rumbling about it
I is capital in India. Small but major error. Don't mind brother.

rkhanna

Country flag
The guy is part of Izzad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, military wing of Hamas. A literal terrorist organisation.
don't dismiss them as simple 'terrorist, organization, - HAMAS, Hezbollah, haqani network are some of the most experienced insurgencies in the world today and as such extremely capable small unit light infantry - view them as extensions of states (Iran/Pakistan etc) special operations capability.

They are well funded and extremely mission oriented. Their orbat / purpose and tasking is minutely controlled from Tehran. They report directly to the republican guard.

In India as we don't fight a bigger more dominating foe we loose sight of priorities and bureaucracy takes hold. Hopefully the flare up with China refocuses us.

Immanuel

Country flag
don't dismiss them as simple 'terrorist, organization, - HAMAS, Hezbollah, haqani network are some of the most experienced insurgencies in the world today and as such extremely capable small unit light infantry - view them as extensions of states (Iran/Pakistan etc) special operations capability.

They are well funded and extremely mission oriented. Their orbat / purpose and tasking is minutely controlled from Tehran. They report directly to the republican guard.

In India as we don't fight a bigger more dominating foe we loose sight of priorities and bureaucracy takes hold. Hopefully the flare up with China refocuses us.
Yes they are tough on camera :rofl: , till they go up against the Israelis, then they run like their Goats got raped. Sorry but Hamas would get raped on the battlefield.

rkhanna

Country flag
Yes they are tough on camera :rofl: , till they go up against the Israelis, then they run like their Goats got raped. Sorry but Hamas would get raped on the battlefield.
Sir in 2006 the israelis lost 120 dead and over 100 wounded fighting Hezbollah. 20 tanks and a warship damaged by a C802!!. Israeli claim 800 hez fighters lost. Those are respectable numbers.

While Hezbollah is definitely better than Hamas but Hamas themselves are a constant pain for the Israelis

No IDF personel takes Hamas or Hezbolah lightly

MuzzleVelocity

Sir in 2006 the israelis lost 120 dead and over 100 wounded fighting Hezbollah. 20 tanks and a warship damaged by a C802!!. Israeli claim 800 hez fighters lost. Those are respectable numbers.

While Hezbollah is definitely better than Hamas but Hamas themselves are a constant pain for the Israelis

No IDF personel takes Hamas or Hezbolah lightly
How would the Rashtriya Rifles do against Hamas and Hezbollah?

Vishal reddy

Country flag

I am sry, I am no expert in this issue, but if India had to go to war with Iran (Big if), then India has to go up against the 1) Regular Iranian armed forces(Army, navy and airforce) , then 2) Iranian revolutionary gaurd (IRGC Army, navy, Airforce and more importantly Quds force). The reason I said Quds force is important because, the second any external forces invades Iran, then the Quds forces activates its overseas Shia Militias in Iraq, lebonon (Hezb), Afghani and paki Shias, and the most importantly Indian Shias who would take up arms.
Sry this is my analysis, I am no expert in this matter just a thought!

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

You missed Naxals from that list though nowdays they are nowhere near their prime days.Still they have the tactical capabilities to give sleepless nights to central forces.Unlike the Hesbolla or Haqqanis thry achieved this without any direct support.

JConline

Country flag
How would the Rashtriya Rifles do against Hamas and Hezbollah?
My understanding is that RR would excel in some aspects and face difficulties in others. The Indian Armed forces in the 21st century age of war haven't faced an adversary which is remotely as capable and well organized as itself so to go up against well structured outfits like Hamas and Hezbollah in an AO (arid desert and rocky terrain) mostly unknown to RR would pose a major threat as RR would have to acclimatize and then mould and adapt it's warfighting tactics depending on the new conditions. Another major change that RR or the deployment would have to make is to setup a robust network of support forces who could aid in extraction in the event when things go south. Equipment wise, I don't think RR would face much difficulty (and I'm not taking into consideration the forces that are already fighting the said outfits). And a factor that would be of advantage to RR is them being constantly in action in Kashmir has built a primed force ready for action in a moment's notice.
So to conclude, while RR will be faced with initial challenges, I don't see why they couldn't overcome them with assistance from Para SF regiments who have trained and operated in similarly arid terrain.
To be blatantly honest, as is the scene in the AO, fighting the Hamas and Hezbollah should be the job of the Tier 2 and Tier 3 dudes of the Indian Armed Forces i.e. Parachute regiment (Airborne and SF), MARCOS and Garuds whereas RR could act as response teams and said support forces to aid the operations of the assault teams.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Amazed you ask this question. Indian Army doesn't have OPSEC? That we should know on this forum?

Hell even if any retired soldiers know someone should be hung in Army HQ.
Strange you quote OPSEC? all ops are gen known in more or fewer details after those have been executed... Even the brigade plus which occupied Chusul sector had OPSEC... But some vague details are known now... Ask ADGPI as to why..!!

I thought you would grant everyone in the forum some basic sense no to ask about OPSEC things..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles