Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbRaj

Country flag
Don’t mean to butt in to your conversation, but was interested in what you said earlier.

“Also insulting me is OK . I don’t mind it on forums . But don’t go above that else you will be sorry for doing that.”

How would you make him sorry for doing that? Just curious, as usually people say these things and makes one wonder why they say it, can they really follow through....
No ................. I m keyboard warrior
..move on my man

Chain smoker

Country flag
Don’t mean to butt in to your conversation, but was interested in what you said earlier.

“Also insulting me is OK . I don’t mind it on forums . But don’t go above that else you will be sorry for doing that.”

How would you make him sorry for doing that? Just curious, as usually people say these things and makes one wonder why they say it, can they really follow through....
Abraj was once very poorly informed and completely engulfed in the propaganda of porkis but after spending some days here he became sane.

armyofhind

Country flag
Instead of hiring these desi instructors with no combat experience whatsoever why dont they hire retired us sf instructors and pay them permanently after taking permission from from us govt.

But i know why... ego.
Himanshu Deswal and Kanishka Sharma are two quite known Indian names in the field of teaching CQC, specifically, the system of Pekiti Tirsia Kali. Himanshu Deswal, not so much, Kanishka Sharma is the first Indian to get this system to the country from the Phillipines.

They arent hired for teaching shooting and fieldcraft to SF, they are hired for teaching unarmed combat and combat with other weapons like a knife or stick, and also how to use the primary weapon as an impact weapon in close quarters when shooting isnt possible.

They are the subject matter experts in this particular field. The SF people arent idiots to contract them for teaching them a system if they feel that its not effective.
Kanishka Sharma is personally responsible for setting up the CQC system syllabus at SFTS Nahan, and holds regular sessions there, and presently, there are troops from within the SF who have trained and become instructors in the same at the school.
I know this because I am currently in my sixth year of training under him in PTK at his school in Noida.

And this is nothing unique to India, the same US SOF that you spoke about have contracted Paul Vunak in the past to teach Seal Team Six their CQC system, which is called RAT (Rapid Assault Tactics). Its a combination of easy to learn and really effective techniques in close combat.
Now Paul Vunak doesnt have any combat experience, but he's a world renowned martial artist and the direct descendant of Bruce Lee to Dan Inosanto to him in the system of Jeet Kune Do, which is the system for which Bruce Lee became famous in the world.

And as for PTK, or Kali, its trained by SOF units all around the world for its effectiveness in close quarters combat with weapons and against multiple opponents. These units include ST6, GSG9, GROM etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles