Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigs

Country flag

NSG Commandos from 29 Special Composite Group (SCG) NSG Regional Hub, Kolkata during a mock drill in city

5×ACH & 1×PASGT + Monocular NVG + Militech Clamp & Rails

3×MP5-A5 + Zeiss Sights
1×MP5-SD6 + Zeiss Sight
1×Cornershot + GLOCK 17Gen4
Great photo ops........ Hopefully they will actually participate in real operations.

captscooby81

Country flag
Not sure this is right thread to post just dropping a story i read in twitter yesterday.

HMS HIMALAYA 1.
Just a few yrs b4 partition, a young lad ‘Ved’ left home, a small village Dulmial, in the kahoon valley of the famous salt mines on the south side, d Katas Raj temples on the south east of the village. Hoping to become a name in the Bombay films

HMS HIMALAYA 2.
Ved, the young lad, reached Bombay, but success was far away. He stated some petty jobs by the harbour, tall and well built, he was noticed by a naval officer, who got him recruited into the navy as a boy sailor

HMS HIMALAYA 3.
Ved after his recruitment ended up at the navy’s school of gunnery in Karachi, the topic of today “HMS HIMALAYA” if you notice it has an artillery gun on its crest. Ved completed his training at HMS HIMALAYA and moved on in his life in the navy.

HMS HIMALAYA 4.
Partition took place in 1947, let me clear it here that Ved had completed his training and left the training ship prior to the mutiny.

HMS HIMALAYA 5.

After partition, in mid 50s, he was selected as part of the first batch of naval sailors who were sent to England to train as deep sea divers, those days they were also called FROGMEN because of the webbed flippers they wore.

HMS Himalaya 6.
In 1971, now Lt Ved, was d ldr of d Western Naval Deep Sea diving team, ppl now fondly call them Marine Commandos.

As part of a covert ops mission he & his team were infiltrated into the Karachi Harbour, Ved was the best bet, he knew Karachi backwards.

HMS Himalaya 7.
Ved got his basic training there, he knew the lay of the harbour and was proficient in Urdu.

He & his team would mine the ships anchored in the harbour by the night, & during the day hide away in the scrapyard.

HMS Himalaya 8.

Infact this was another part of the famous Karachi harbour attack which no one talks of.

HMS Himalaya 9.
During 1 of those days working under cover as a labourer in d scrapyard of Karachi harbour, he came across this crest, his Alma Mater, while returning after completing d mission, he got d crest along
Lt Cdr Ved P Bakshi, NM (G) my father’s elder Brother

Well the gentleman in picture, i am sure most here know by now the famous Col from TSD

HMS Himalaya.jpg

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
The designated marksman is carrying a DMR along with an AR.
Standard practice?

Also, wouldn't it be better if he carried weapons with same calibre and not a 7.62 and 5.56 composite combo of guns? o_O
Was there a conclusion on who this chaps involved in nagrota were? 21 para?

Aniruddha Mulay

Ghataks with Tavors and laser designators? I doubt it.

Must be SF.

It really has got to the point that there's nothing "special" about the SF anymore, they look like regular infantry these days.
SF gear needs a serious, deep upgrade now that even the regular infantry is well equipped. The equipment seen with the Para SF during NAGROTA encounter is quite good but all other Para SF units must have the same equipment. Also, I see no proper ear proctection and comms headset along with those HCBH. Totally defeats the purpose of having a HCBH.

Deathstar

Country flag
Ghataks with Tavors and laser designators? I doubt it.

Must be SF.

It really has got to the point that there's nothing "special" about the SF anymore, they look like regular infantry these days.
I agree. Have u seen Turkish soldiers in Syria? They look far better equipped than us. On par with US soldiers.
I dont geti it why they are ignoring SFs?
Atleast take a cue from Uri movie. Those actors look highly equipped than our soldiers

vampyrbladez

Country flag
The designated marksman is carrying a DMR along with an AR.
Standard practice?

Also, wouldn't it be better if he carried weapons with same calibre and not a 7.62 and 5.56 composite combo of guns? o_O
What DMR? Where is it????????????????????????

Yodha

India is my Identity
Country flag
I agree. Have u seen Turkish soldiers in Syria? They look far better equipped than us. On par with US soldiers.
I dont geti it why they are ignoring SFs?
Atleast take a cue from Uri movie. Those actors look highly equipped than our soldiers
But those actors can't fight like we do. They'll shit when they hear bullets flying.

All those who are thinking that high cuts, comm sets, knee pads and elbow pads are equipment should stop watching YouTube and movies.

You guys should seriously stop judging and suggesting what to do. SF people know what they want. They have the funds to get what they want. They'll adopt what they are comfortable with. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles