Gessler

Country flag

aghamarshana

Mitron......naacho
Country flag
View attachment 42182
Para special forces during Nagrota Encounter

Exfil Ballistic Helmets finally
I remember @Gessler talking many a times abt our SF following Russian SF footsteps in mirroring the NATO standards within a decade.
What actually is this unit tho? @Unknowncommando 2 anna, u have a better res pic of the same? Its been quite sometime now since I've changed my desktop wallpaper.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
India has lost 82 security personnel in terror attacks and cross-border firing since it conducted the Balakot airstrike on 26 February 2019. The Indian Army is now seeking night vision devices for its infantry to minimise similar losses in the future.

The Indian Army is seeking to buy 22,000 long-range night sights for infantry assault rifles.

The purchase has been authorised to minimise the casualties in cross-border fire or during counter-terror operations in Kashmir. The sights will be manufactured in India and used by troops deployed on the frontline.

“Thermal Imaging Night Sights would enable troops to undertake long-range accurate engagements in dark and all weather conditions thereby enhancing the night fighting capabilities,” the Indian Defence Ministry said.

The search was launched after the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, approved the design, development, and manufacturing of ‘Thermal Imaging Night Sights’ for assault rifles in November 2019.

The army said the uncooled thermal imagine sight desired by the Indian Army should be lightweight and able to accurately engage targets in the hours of darkness.

The Indian Army has already initiated the process to eliminate the night blindness of tanks and light machine guns, which have been used by infantry deployed along the Pakistan border.

Having a range of around 1,000-meters is crucial in the mountainous Himalayan border regions where the visual range remains important.

The army has been seeking long-range night vision devices because it recently lost a large number of soldiers on the border with Pakistan following the airstrike conducted by the Indian Air Force inside Pakistan in February 2019.

Gessler

Country flag
India has lost 82 security personnel in terror attacks and cross-border firing since it conducted the Balakot airstrike on 26 February 2019. The Indian Army is now seeking night vision devices for its infantry to minimise similar losses in the future.

The Indian Army is seeking to buy 22,000 long-range night sights for infantry assault rifles.

The purchase has been authorised to minimise the casualties in cross-border fire or during counter-terror operations in Kashmir. The sights will be manufactured in India and used by troops deployed on the frontline.

“Thermal Imaging Night Sights would enable troops to undertake long-range accurate engagements in dark and all weather conditions thereby enhancing the night fighting capabilities,” the Indian Defence Ministry said.

The search was launched after the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, approved the design, development, and manufacturing of ‘Thermal Imaging Night Sights’ for assault rifles in November 2019.

The army said the uncooled thermal imagine sight desired by the Indian Army should be lightweight and able to accurately engage targets in the hours of darkness.

The Indian Army has already initiated the process to eliminate the night blindness of tanks and light machine guns, which have been used by infantry deployed along the Pakistan border.

Having a range of around 1,000-meters is crucial in the mountainous Himalayan border regions where the visual range remains important.

The army has been seeking long-range night vision devices because it recently lost a large number of soldiers on the border with Pakistan following the airstrike conducted by the Indian Air Force inside Pakistan in February 2019.
I thought we didn't need any of these fancy equipment that are only for overhyped hollywood/call of duty Western forces?

:pound:

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
I thought we didn't need any of these fancy equipment that are only for overhyped hollywood/call of duty Western SOF?

:pound:
I personally support better equipment for Special forces and i still believe that the only way indian special forces can grow is by development of new SOD type system in india which is exactly what government is doing we need to develop our forces according to our challenges and etc.
Indian army can never totally copy Western SF because we tend to act to attack pakistan Blitzkrieg like way with sending large number of human waves. That's the reason why indian infantry troop will be never be armed like what Australian British infantry soldier.
Government should open more jungle warfare schools high terrain warfare school and other things.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Brasstacks
West doesn't focus on that instead of that they work in smaller swift action.
I think we should not just copy everything which west or anyone else develop we should work to find what we need. We know how copying 5.56 MM ammo was a shitty idea.

Last edited:

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Indian SF is not the personal property of anyone here.

Hence i dont see any reason to feel abused by criticism like someone abused your dad.

We come here to discuss weapons, equipments and tactics.

Only people who have anything to contribute regarding this should be allowed.

Jai ho junta should just watch.

Gessler

Country flag
I personally support better equipment for Special forces and i still believe that the only way indian special forces can grow is by development of new SOD type system in india which is exactly what government is doing we need to develop our forces according to our challenges and etc.
Indian army can never totally copy Western SF because we tend to act to attack pakistan Blitzkrieg like way with sending large number of human waves. That's the reason why indian infantry troop will be never be armed like what Australian British infantry soldier.
Government should open more jungle warfare schools high terrain warfare school and other things.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Brasstacks
West doesn't focus on that instead of that they work in smaller swift action.
I think we should not just copy everything which west or anyone else develop we should work to find what we need. We know how copying 5.56 MM ammo was a shitty idea.
You are totally confusing the role of regular infantry with that of SF.

Gessler

Country flag
Purchase of those Night vision system is done for Infantry.
In your post you said:

"Indian army can never totally copy Western SF"

Nobody is asking our infantry regulars to be geared on par with SOCOM units. Infact the pace of modernization of the infantry, while not perfect, is pretty satisfactory. ACH helmets, HAP BPJs, a reliable rifle (SIG, AK203) is pretty good enough.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Indian army can never totally copy Western SF"
I think SF concept of west is global standard now days.

But i still they many military actions are over hyped By western armies :)
And by their citizens.

And anyways one can copy someone else structure but every military action stays different in it's own way.

Gessler

Country flag
It is. Including Russians, sworn enemies of the West, have copied them down to last detail.

But i still they many military actions are overly hyped By western armies :)
And by their citizens.
As it should be. You think Indians don't overhype our actions? We do and we should, as well. It's just that in our case, the hype is very disorganized and ad-hoc.

But information I gather isn't from movies or games, but from legitimate sources like books & online material written by ex-operators, SOFREP, etc.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

But i still they many military actions are over hyped By western armies :)
And by their citizens.

And anyways one can copy someone else structure but every military action stays different in it's own way.
The whole Indian Army is westernised buddy...are we talking about Subhash Chandra Bose's Azad hind fauj or are we talking about the one which was raised by the british and used to crush the indian independence movememt?

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
The whole Indian Army is westernised buddy...are we talking about Subhash Chandra Bose's Azad hind fauj or are we talking about the one which was raised by the british and used to crush the indian independence movememt?
Indian army is not even west it's army stuck in post world war 2 structure pathetic . Indian army is suffering from gernail wala attitude. It's suffering from imperial attitude yup.

I'm talking about how indian army will mobilize at that thing we are different from west in war fighting west is moved towards swift and light actions and meanwhile indian army works on the basis of sending human waves full high intensity warfare mostly focused towards protection of our own borders. Meanwhile US or other forces do not have such issues.

Last edited:

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Honestly I've no idea anymore about the status of that deal.

But yes, Beretta handguns were definitely part of planned upgrade program:

"This procurement is part of a larger upgrade which includes Finnish Sako sniper rifles, Carl Gustaf Mark-4 rocket launchers and Beretta pistols and LSVs."

https://www.dailyo.in/politics/para...try-of-defence-indian-army/story/1/30043.html
It was accepted by the Services Capital Acquisition Plan Categorization Higher Committee (SCAPHCC) to be executed in small tranches to avoid the DAC route.

https://www.timesnownews.com/india/...rmys-special-forces-to-get-new-weapons/459700

https://indiandefenceindustries.in/indian-sf-get-us-sfweapons

Last edited:

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Maybe they are SPECIAL FRONTIER FORCE.. the second team is most probably para special forces...
very very likely.

so many north east guys have i never seen in any platoon or section deployed anywhere in kashmir.

mostly sf in kashmir prefers north indian guys and specially JAKLI JAKRIF or DOGRA boys for under cover ops or HIT teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles