Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
This interview was before AFSOD. Now and hopefully more in the future, we will see increases in budgetting and technology for the SF guys.

View attachment 40615

View attachment 40616

View attachment 40617
NSG is Urban Counter-Terrorist And Close Quarter Combat Oriented unit. So you can’t call them a Special Force in the Traditional Sense but the positive also can be said. I do hope the the Budget of the Special Forces increase so they be able to buy good equipment.

Last edited:

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
This interview was before AFSOD. Now and hopefully more in the future, we will see increases in budgetting and technology for the SF guys.

View attachment 40615

View attachment 40616

View attachment 40617
NSG is Urban Counter-Terrorist And Close Quarter Combat Oriented unit. So you can’t call them a Special Force in the Traditional Sense but the positive also can be said.
Well sir when opposition demands proof and create ruckus then you need to show something.
Have you heard in us , Russia , China opposition asking proof .
Yes they do ask proof that’s why US or Russia does operation they always show proof of the operation by bring back something like the personal items of the Target or the Pictures or Video of the Targeted Enemy. This usually shuts up the position in these countries. But don’t know about China. The communist party is god in China so nobody questions the communist party or the PLA about any operation.,

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
The SIGs and CARs are for the Rashtriya Rifles not special forces. India already had FN SCARs in our inventory but they are rarely used in battle or operations. The Sniper Rifles are for LOC Counter Sniping but some Sniper Rifles are going to special forces like the SAKOs and Barrett. More than any gun our soldiers need good Uniform and Excellent Camo.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
NSG is Urban Counter-Terrorist And Close Quarter Combat Oriented unit. So you can’t call them a Special Force in the Traditional Sense but the positive also can be said. I do hope the the Budget of the Special Forces increase so they be able to buy good equipment.

---------------------------------------------------------------

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Lot of people whining about me or others complaining that our equipment isn't good enough. What ulterior purpose of mine is served by pointing out quite obvious & glaring faults based on fairly educated comparisons (and a fair bit of understanding of why other units use what they use)? The reason why I do it is because I want our personnel to get the best stuff money can buy, maximizing their chances of survival and efficiency in field.

I've been seeing for years how mind-boggling sums are spent to procure mediocre and/or crap equipment from Ordnance Factories, have been seeing how operations are suffering due to non-availability of critical enabling equipment like Night Vision for CI/CT, been seeing how even those problems for which indigenous solutions exist from Pvt sector are unable to be met due to these sectors being reserved for crappy govt companies only, and who end ups paying the price for all this? Not you or me but the same soldiers who you claim to care so much about.

But what they really care about is THEIR sense of identity - which gets damaged when someone says the soldiers that they identify so much with are not geared adequately, regardless of how dead-obvious such an observation might be.

So, I think its pretty clear who're the ones suffering identity problems. I'd advice to stop caring so much about your identity and care more about the ones who are actually risking their lives. And caring does not mean saying whatever they do is right.

I have no confusions regarding this. I've seen such 'patriots' abuse people who asked back in late-2000s and early 2010s (when I first found my way to forums of this ilk) that why our infantry is not being issued proper modern helmets like PASGT or ACH (at that time even Pak army issued LWH-spec helmets which were basically improved PASGT). But we've all seen what eventually happened there - Army themselves got their sh!t in order and went in for the ACH standard issue.

Yes, ACH is a phoren standard defined by phoreners. Yes, we were attempting to mimic the gear used by American soldiers who we've been seeing for years by that time in annual Yudh Abhyas exercises, in an attempt to hopefully achieve the same results wrt protection standards (the older Model 1974 non-Kevlar helmet couldn't even adequately stop 9mm pistol rounds).

Similarly I hold true to my original assertions made several months ago on this very thread. The Indian SFs will, invariably, end up being carbon-copies of Western SOF eventually. Even the Russians (sworn enemies of the West) couldn't avoid but admit that the way shown by Western SOF is the best way forward, we can't avoid it either and there's no reason to except a misplaced sense of pride/self-righteousness or in many instances, simple case of institutional lethargy. Our only problem is that we move too slowly - the destination however is fixed. Write that down.

If it wasn't for the PKM, how many without a trained eye could say conclusively that this guy is actually Russian and not American/Westerner?

A unit like NSG (arguably one of best-equipped tactical unit in India), is probably a prime example of this process of evolution. Even if you look at NSG during 26/11 or shortly thereafter, you'll see they were carbon copies of SAS operators in terms of equipment (black-clad BDUs, MP-5s), tactics & shooting styles...from back in the Iranian embassy siege days in 1980...

...we were still emulating this model in 2008 (and in many ways, still do). So mimicking the Western units, their equipment & ways of operating, is not something new that I'm proposing. It is and always was a part and parcel of Indian special units.

Only idiots with superficial knowledge fail to see the tradition & inspiration our Para Regmt draws from their British counterpart, and how much Para SF draws from SAS or Rangers. Or how much SFF/SG drew from CIA SAD (they were instrumental in creating them). Unfortunately our problem is that while these foreign units moved ahead with a constantly evolving outlook in every aspect (not least in terms of equipment, as that's the point of contention here), our units have unfortunately remained stuck in a time capsule for the most part.

But like I said, don't worry...we'll break out of it soon. Steps are in the right direction.

Also, have seen quite a lot of BPJs worn too low because of loose fitting...leaving vital organs like the heart & lungs mostly exposed while covering only the guts & liver.
My Man. Excellent Comment Bro. This perfectly Summarizes the mentality of the Indians who claim you don’t need fancy equipment to win wars bullShit. It is combination of Excellent Equipment and Troops who use it. win wars. Our soldiers meaning ordinary rank and file are Severely under equipped in the past but there is a lot of improvement but there still things left out. On the Case of the Indian Army and Our Special Forces looking like the west Is Inevitable. The Western Military is standard where all other militaries across the world are build upon especially the US. If you look at every military force across the world right now. You can see the influence of US played on both Aesthetic wise and equipment wise. Even Anti-West/US like Russia has adapted to the changing times. An untrained eye You can’t tell the difference between a Typical Russian soldier and Western Soldier like your said. They look identical and has similar looking equipment with only differences been the names of the rifles and equipment been different but they all do the same job.

Last edited:

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
I have genuinely stopped mentioning gear or lack thereof regarding our special operations. Some guys jump out of nowhere and start lecturing me about the glorious history of Para SF in Sri Lanka, Pakistan and what not.

I say, in clear terms, that I don't doubt our men's caliber but it's like they want me to say like "NO, THE SHEMAGH CAN BE USED AS AN IR STROBE TO PREVENT BEING BOMBED BY FRIENDLY FORCES WHEN CALLING IN CAS" or something.
Such shortsightedness. Criticism is not slander.

Calling gucci gear "gucci gear" doesn't change the fact that it makes task ten times easier.

Martyr Captain Pawan Kumar (10th Para) died because his BPJ didn't cover his heart region. (I'm not sure he even had a BPJ)

He would still be serving and alive if he did have that BPJ.
Seriously.
Gear matters.
Beat it into your head.

Gear MATTERS!
GUCCI GEAR MATTERS!
If you think naming a thing you don't like as a women's purse company is going to reduce it's effectiveness, you have another thing coming.
Yep Gear Matters but some people don’t understand this concept. They think that Indian SF can take over whole Of ShitHole PorkiShitan with just a AK. Our Men need Equipment that makes them stand out as one of the best in whole of Asia and later World itself

Last edited:

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Why the hell india would thumb down the offer from American SOCOM CHIEF?

Btw I have substantial data which claim SAS and other American special forces trained NAPAK SSG. Even at the time of Musharraf when huge anti terror operations were started SSG was closely training under British and American.
I Mean I hate the NAPAKIS more than anybody in this Forum but the PorkiShitani dogs have used these Training very well to help support there Terrorist Activities Against India. SSG has always led the charge in fighting India in every war fought Between between each other and they are the ones leading NAPAKI BAT Teams against isolated Indian Posts by evading Indian Surveillance ‏on the LOC. Americans have been helping the Porkis before the 1960s. It was the American Green Berrets who helped setup the SSG in the first place and Americans helped both Financially financially and equipment wise in setting up Training Camps for Porki SSG. American Adivser helped in setting many of PorkiShitan ‘s Premier Institutions leading them away from the British Model to the American One.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
NSG is Urban Counter-Terrorist And Close Quarter Combat Oriented unit. So you can’t call them a Special Force in the Traditional Sense but the positive also can be said.

Yes they do ask proof that’s why US or Russia does operation they always show proof of the operation by bring back something like the personal items of the Target or the Pictures or Video of the Targeted Enemy. This usually shuts up the position in these countries. But don’t know about China. The communist party is god in China so nobody questions the communist party or the PLA about any operation.,
NSG is comparable to the FBI HRT unit.

rkhanna

Country flag
Btw I have substantial data which claim SAS and other American special forces trained NAPAK SSG. Even at the time of Musharraf when huge anti terror operations were started SSG was closely training under British and American
This is not a secret and well documented. The SSG has had long and deep relations with the Americans and British. the SSG was set up with their help and they both operated together during the 1st Afghanistan war. The US Army SF have had a continuing FID training relationship with the SSG for decades but it has petered out in the last 5-8 years or so.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Wrong SSG always got their ass kicked be it in opposite meghdoot or in 1971 or in other cross border raids.
I am talking about BAT Raids and Some LOC Skirmish Raids were they got away before we can kill them bastards. PorkiShitani are good at planning attacks or Military offensives but they don’t have the skill or tenacity to prove there Planning on the ground when in battle against India that’s Why they always lose in wars. They always underestimate India ‘s Power, Skill and Equipment.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
I am talking about BAT Raids and Some LOC Skirmish Raids were they got away before we can kill them bastards. PorkiShitani are good at planning attacks or Military offensives but they don’t have the skill or tenacity to prove there Planning on the ground when in battle against India that’s Why they always lose in wars. They always underestimate India ‘s Power, Skill and Equipment.
Indian Army has killed over 10 Pakistani commandos in retaliatory action along the LoC in J&K since Aug 5
Indian Army units are on high alert along the LoC to foil any attempts by the Pakistan Army
The Pakistan Army has also deployed over 100 SSG commandos along the LoC in the last 15 days

https://www.indiatvnews.com/amp/new...ammu-and-kashmir-latest-news-terrorism-545351

https://m.economictimes.com/news/de...ls-at-least-five/amp_articleshow/70516814.cms

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/india...ion-bid-along-keran-sector-1597311-2019-09-09

Doesn't matter NAPAK are trained by American SAF or SAS.
RR-19 boy's are also hard AF.

Gessler

Country flag
View attachment 40625 View attachment 40626
Plate Carrier vs Bullet Proof Jacket
Simple visual difference

Just highlighted the part getting protection
BPJ fabric also offers protection so covered whole
Both have their pros & cons
Also, this pic clearly demonstrates which type of force generally prefers what:

The American soldier here is USSF, which (along with most of SOCOM) prefer the lighter plate carriers which grant greater freedom of movement. The Infantry typically go with an IOTV (newer versions are out) which offers similar protection as the BPJ worn by the Assam Regiment soldier.

Haldiram

Country flag
1971 war gallantry award citations of 'Desert Scorpion' commandos destroyed

BCCL
On night 5/6 December 1971, Pakistan launched a massive attack with 51 Infantry Brigade, supported by a Regiment of T-59 and Squadron of Sherman Tanks with the aim to capture Longewala and Ramgarh. (File image)

NEW DELHI: The citations of gallantry awards conferred on the commandos of the Army's elite 10 Para (Special Forces) during the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war have been destroyed, the unit has said in response to an RTI query.

The elite 10 Para (Special Forces), eponymous as 'Desert Scorpions', was raised by splitting the 9 Para unit of special forces in 1967 and faced its first action within four years.

The 1971 war was convincingly won by India, carving out Bangladesh from Pakistan, and the members of the elite unit were awarded with Battle Honours and gallantry medals, including a Mahavir Chakra to Brigadier Swai Bhawani Singh, the Maharaja of Jaipur, aka Tiger, who led it.

During the war, the unit had successfully conducted surgical strikes 80 km inside Pakistan, capturing four strategic towns without suffering any loss.

In response to a query seeking the details of the awardees, the CPIO gave the list but said the relevant record of citations have been "destroyed as per policy in vogue" and hence not available, Information Commissioner Divya Prakash Sinha noted in an order.

He passed the order after the applicant approached the Central Information Commission (CIC), saying the list has no meaning without the citations

citation, in this context, is a brief summary of the valour shown by a soldier during war which is read out when he is being accorded the gallantry award.

During the two hearings at the CIC, the highest adjudicating body in RTI matters, the CPIO remained absent, which irked Sinha.

"The commission takes grave exception to the conduct of the CPIO on all the aforesaid counts. It reflects on the respondent office's utter disregard for the directions of the commission as well as towards the provisions of the RTI Act," he said.

The commission directed the CPIO to provide a copy of the extract of the relevant Defence Services Regulation under which the records were destroyed.

The commissioner also issued a notice to the CPIO to explain why show-cause proceedings should not be initiated against him under the RTI Act.

"A copy of this order is also marked to the Commanding Officer, 10 Para SF, to take note of the adverse observations of the commission as well as to ensure compliance of above directions by the CPIO," he said.

The 10 Para (Special Forces) unit's meticulous planning and successful implementation led to the capture of Chachro and Virwaha towns in Sindh province on the western front, destroying the supply chains of the Pakistan army.

After the successful capture of Chachro, where the headquarter of the Pakistan Rangers was located, on December 5, 1971, the team continued and clinched their second and third targets, Virwaha and Nagarparkar, by December 8.

The unit was immediately reassigned to capture Islamkot, which it did without any trouble in a nimble operation. Altogether, 36 Pakistani soldiers were killed by the Paras and 22 others were taken prisoners.

The unit led by Brigadier Swai Bhawani Singh had trained in desert warfare for nearly five months before hitting the operation.
It was probably destroyed to maintain secrecy and safeguard the privacy of the people who took part in it. There have been instances in WW where assassin squads went after people who participated in the war. The war never ends even after it officially ends. They were chasing Bose for decades after the war ended. A spurned nation can go to any lengths.

Deathstar

Country flag
It was probably destroyed to maintain secrecy and safeguard the privacy of the people who took part in it. There have been instances in WW where assassin squads went after people who participated in the war. The war never ends even after it officially ends. They were chasing Bose for decades after the war ended. A spurned nation can go to any lengths.
Aka Israelis and Operation Wrath of God and Adolf Eichmann saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles