Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeye

Country flag
Anyone Can share Logo of NSG in Good Quality OR in .svg format..??

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Socom to begin trial of K9 worn facial camera regognition cameras soon

Meanwhile Indian SF...

Which dude is K9?
NSG conducted trials of 360° camera mounted on K9 last year to replacing existing 180° camera. But no updates after that. At least they have front area covered. Facial recognition camera bhul jao abhi ke liye.

rkhanna

Country flag
NSG conducted trials of 360° camera mounted on K9 last year to replacing existing 180° camera. But no updates after that. At least they have front area covered. Facial recognition camera bhul jao abhi ke liye.
The Professionalism and dedication to mission of the NSG is quiet commendable within the Indian SOF sphere. Shows how much value an independent command structure adds. Hope this AFSOD experiment works out as we hope

Gessler

Country flag
NVG is aligned with your head movement & NVS is aligned with you gun. Both are for different roles. Plus field view of NVG can't be compared with NVS. NVS covers more distance. In addition to that magnifier sight in front or back of the NVS will be more comfortable which is not the case with NVG ( But better in CQB for NVG ), because of it's small aperture. It will need an appropriate sight. Bigger NVS is usually mounted on gun or handheld & used on particular target while NVGs are often used in CQB/CQC.

Exceptions
Panoramic NVGs
Our forces use AN/PVS for both applications.

NVD application is very specific and complex. I have also heard that our Army has created it's own tactics along LOC particularly for NVDs.
Not to mention, helmet-mounted NODs (at least the older generations) have real problems with focusing. Long-range focusing leads to targets being visible but your gun sights going out of focus. Close-range focusing leads to sights coming into focus and target getting blurred.

Helmet-mounted are best for combining such things as navigation (across hill & dale, watching out for enemies), staying situationally aware of immediate surroundings (CQC)...but typically, shooters who rely on helmet NODs use Laser-aiming modules like PEQ-15 to quickly acquire targets. Or using the NV modes on illuminated holosights/RDS (once the distance-focus problem is resolved...much easier to work around with optics rather than irons).

Gessler

Country flag
An Eotech quadtube NVG costs $42499. Where as a mono tube is around 4k and double tube is around 10K. Considering the budget allocations, buying quad tube in large numbers is highly unlikely
Not all quad-tubes are in the same price range.

The ANVIS-10 (aka AVS-10) which was a predecessor to the GPNVG-18 costs only about $20k.

I expect Tonbo BNVD-P to be in this price bracket, if not cheaper.

Delta guy with ANVIS-10 in Afg:

Gessler

Country flag
Well at least they started to all wear the same camo in a unit.

I know that Garuds don't use these impact resistant helmets in combat
But non ballistic polymer high cuts are not that hard to discover
View attachment 40500
Also, I wonder why they bought these fingerless oven mitts:

From what I'm guessing, they're meant for fast roping from helo (correct me if I'm wrong) but there do exist normal fingered tactical gloves that are much more comfortable & functional, and which are good enough for roping as well...don't know why they went for these...

Even if we wanted some specialized gloves for roping, there exist fingered ones specifically designed to make roping more comfortable...

Last edited:

Gessler

Country flag
From Vajra Prahar 2019.....

ya19.JPG

:facepalm:

I estimate 2030 at the earliest that our "ESPESHAL PHORCES" can be brought up to the level of our INFANTRY REGULARS in terms of personal protection equipment across the board. The sheer inconsistency in availability of equipment is frankly worrying.

It is ridiculous how these SFs outfit themselves sometimes even for a well planned-in-advance important bilateral exercise.

Waanar

Country flag

View attachment 40560

I estimate 2030 at the earliest that our "ESPESHAL PHORCES" can be brought up to the level of our INFANTRY REGULARS in terms of personal protection equipment across the board. The sheer inconsistency in availability of equipment is frankly worrying.

It is ridiculous how these SFs outfit themselves sometimes even for a well planned-in-advance important bilateral exercise.
Our guy looks like a Graphic setting lowered version of the same game as the Green beret which is oddly funny.

armyofhind

Country flag
Well at least they started to all wear the same camo in a unit.

Also, I wonder why they bought these fingerless oven mitts:

From what I'm guessing, they're meant for fast roping from helo (correct me if I'm wrong) but there do exist normal fingered tactical gloves that are much more comfortable & functional, and which are good enough for roping as well...don't know why they went for these...

Even if we wanted some specialized gloves for roping, there exist fingered ones specifically designed to make roping more comfortable...

Mechanix Wear gloves aren't meant for roping. I use them on a regular basis while working on my bikes and its not really thick material. They are good as tactical gloves and will provide some degree of impact protection.

fyodor

Country flag

View attachment 40560

Boots out of sync with rest of camo.
Ancient helmet with a different camo than the rest of outfit.
Upper wear has different camo then bottom.

Just in one single pic we see so many inconsistencies. It looks like Indian Armed forces neither have any aesthetics sense nor do they even have a functional sense. Our ground troops look from a tinpot country TBH. We need a lot of improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles