Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I dont understand the revenge part aswell.

One fucking grenade coz the terrorist were stuck would have blown those terrorists..why would anyone charge... moreover why would anyone be so emotional about it?

I know in real things are different..but what were they expecting when getting deployed to Kashmir.
Either the author had added cheap cliche Indian bollywood masala stuff into his writing and exxagerated the facts into fiction or for the real the operator had thought himself as some Rambo. I wish only the former is true.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Either the author had added cheap cliche Indian bollywood masala stuff into his writing and exxagerated the facts into fiction or for the real the operator had thought himself as some Rambo. I wish only the former is true.
Unfortunately, if its not then we should do a interview with psychogist before induction.

Tomorrow operators will compromise missions for emotions.

12arya

Country flag
I dont understand the revenge part aswell.

One fucking grenade coz the terrorist were stuck would have blown those terrorists..why would anyone charge... moreover why would anyone be so emotional about it?

I know in real things are different..but what were they expecting when getting deployed to Kashmir.
i don't think our SF guys ever called it revenge. It was the press and the gung-ho journos who termed it so. in that documentary, the SF CO was saying it was just another job done well! that's all.

this is wat i feel and then again i do not have the knowledge that u guys have in these matters. just my humble opinion.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
i don't think our SF guys ever called it revenge. It was the press and the gung-ho journos who termed it so. in that documentary, the SF CO was saying it was just another job done well! that's all.

this is wat i feel and then again i do not have the knowledge that u guys have in these matters. just my humble opinion.
I dont know it has been a month that i have finished the book and as far as i remember it was clearly mentioned that his colleagues said that he wanted revenge and he was not happy and when he charged his expressions were different.

Doesnt look like press masala.

armyofhind

Country flag
its fairly easy to make dissected arguments from the comfort of your home guys. Nobody knows what actually went down. In the case of this particular encounter in which Corporal Nirala was involved, the terrorists who were holed up came out indiscriminately firing and tossing grenades, which for info, is a standard breakout tactic by these yahoos in Kashmir since they dont have to be concerned about collateral damage or any civilian dying.

Secondly, no matter what amount of training you do, in a situation of stress, its your instinct and reflexes which take over. Sure, you can hone that response with repeated training, but you cannot rule out your body/mind's natural response.

I have been training survival Combatives and Kali for five years atleast four days a week, real authentic training. I can say that with authority because I learn from the very man who teaches the SF their close quarters system. But even today, in a simulated sparring session against multiple people, its only instinct which drives your motion. Where/How you hit, whether you hit or back up.. its all instinct and your assessment of the situation.
This is when its a mock session, where atleast I have the comfort of knowing that I will not die.

Imagine what it is for a guy who's operating without that knowledge against multiple yahoos who can kill him from afar. Different world altogether.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
its fairly easy to make dissected arguments from the comfort of your home guys. Nobody knows what actually went down. In the case of this particular encounter in which Corporal Nirala was involved, the terrorists who were holed up came out indiscriminately firing and tossing grenades, which for info, is a standard breakout tactic by these yahoos in Kashmir since they dont have to be concerned about collateral damage or any civilian dying.

Secondly, no matter what amount of training you do, in a situation of stress, its your instinct and reflexes which take over. Sure, you can hone that response with repeated training, but you cannot rule out your body/mind's natural response.

I have been training survival Combatives and Kali for five years atleast four days a week, real authentic training. I can say that with authority because I learn from the very man who teaches the SF their close quarters system. But even today, in a simulated sparring session against multiple people, its only instinct which drives your motion. Where/How you hit, whether you hit or back up.. its all instinct and your assessment of the situation.
This is when its a mock session, where atleast I have the comfort of knowing that I will not die.

Imagine what it is for a guy who's operating without that knowledge against multiple yahoos who can kill him from afar. Different world altogether.
I am sorry but you are trying to defend the incident and not look at the mistakes.

Lets discuss it then..

Firstly,Why were Garuds under RR unit and not under Para SF unit?

Secondly,Whatsapp call during briefing?

Now during the operation..not listening to your team leaders call to stop?You call this stessful situation?..I would call this disobedience.

Had he stopped there only he would have done a great job.

Theres no reflex situation we are talking about.. we are talking about a charge based on emotions and disobeying team leaders orders.

Its not muscle memory and stress situation issue.

Its a planned emotional outburst..maybe the planning took 2-5 seconds but it is.

i still say..and sorry to say this because you will say we are sitting at our home.. but one grenade would have got a better result than the charge.

And when you have got them trapped why would you do anything of that sort?

If we have to defend everything and not analyse...i am sorry to say RR would have got a better result then.

Anyway,he has sacrificed his life for his nation. His family has to bear it not you and me.. if he would have been alive his 2 yrs old daughter would have a father.

armyofhind

Country flag
I am sorry but you are trying to defend the incident and not look at the mistakes.
i am not trying to defend anything. I'm presenting a viewpoint different to yours. Have the stomach to digest that.

you are taking whatever is in the book as gospel truth. How do you know it has not been masala-fied to add more emotional content to it, to make it more appealing to larger reader base like bollywoood movies?

Firstly,Why were Garuds under RR unit and not under Para SF unit?
Because Para Sf does not have operational control in the valley. RR does. Para SF detachments operate under infantry units or RR units, and called in to do the most sensitive missions, or time sensitive ops, or situations beyond the control of the stationed unit, which happens a lot by the way.

Secondly,Whatsapp call during briefing?
how do you know this happened 100%? Did corporal nirala tell you or the author that he recived a whatsapp call in the middle of the briefing?
Simple answer, you dont. You are basing your judgement over content in a book written for maximum sales, which is a stupid course to take in the first place. You'd be better off forming your own judgement.

Now during the operation..not listening to your team leaders call to stop?You call this stessful situation?..I would call this disobedience.
Again, thats high words coming from someone who was neither in the situation, nor has ever seen combat.
At that particular moment, the last call is always on the individual in the moment.
Even WC Abhinandan had the orders to turn back and not give chase to the F-16. Yet he did because he had that objective on his sights. He is a Vir Chakra Awardee today and the nation hails him for it.
And here you are, nitpicking the actions of an operator which he took to kill some yahoos so that they dont live to harm innocents another day.

Had he stopped there only he would have done a great job.
More hyperbole, you dont know that for sure. Thats just your opinion, which can very well be wrong since you dont have the full facts and never will.

but one grenade would have got a better result than the charge.
Sure. And how do you know that the terrorists werent holding hostages inside the house, who couldve gotten killed when the grenade went off? Simple Answer again, You dont.
Its a planned emotional outburst..maybe the planning took 2-5 seconds but it is.
Thats exactly what I said, its instinct taking over.

His family has to bear it not you and me
Sure enough and I duly empathise with his family. Theres a long line of veterans in my family and I have seen loss in my family due to military action, thats why I will not take anyone nitpicking the actions of someone who laid their life down to protect that very freedom which allows you to be an armchair general. Its a really sorry state of affairs.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
i am not trying to defend anything. I'm presenting a viewpoint different to yours. Have the stomach to digest that.

you are taking whatever is in the book as gospel truth. How do you know it has not been masala-fied to add more emotional content to it, to make it more appealing to larger reader base like bollywoood movies?

Because Para Sf does not have operational control in the valley. RR does. Para SF detachments operate under infantry units or RR units, and called in to do the most sensitive missions, or time sensitive ops, or situations beyond the control of the stationed unit, which happens a lot by the way.

how do you know this happened 100%? Did corporal nirala tell you or the author that he recived a whatsapp call in the middle of the briefing?
Simple answer, you dont. You are basing your judgement over content in a book written for maximum sales, which is a stupid course to take in the first place. You'd be better off forming your own judgement.

Again, thats high words coming from someone who was neither in the situation, nor has ever seen combat.
At that particular moment, the last call is always on the individual in the moment.
Even WC Abhinandan had the orders to turn back and not give chase to the F-16. Yet he did because he had that objective on his sights. He is a Vir Chakra Awardee today and the nation hails him for it.
And here you are, nitpicking the actions of an operator which he took to kill some yahoos so that they dont live to harm innocents another day.

More hyperbole, you dont know that for sure. Thats just your opinion, which can very well be wrong since you dont have the full facts and never will.

Sure. And how do you know that the terrorists werent holding hostages inside the house, who couldve gotten killed when the grenade went off? Simple Answer again, You dont.

Thats exactly what I said, its instinct taking over.

Sure enough and I duly empathise with his family. Theres a long line of veterans in my family and I have seen loss in my family due to military action, thats why I will not take anyone nitpicking the actions of someone who laid their life down to protect that very freedom which allows you to be an armchair general. Its a really sorry state of affairs.
Since everything here is an assumption what should i reply.

And Para SF is not under any RR..my dad was the RR sector commander..There is no one in this forum who knows more about RR than me.

armyofhind

Country flag
Since everything here is an assumption what should i reply.
you took one set of assumptions and I provided you the counter assumptions to that. You dont have any credible reply to it then that's a different thing.

And Para SF is not under any RR..my dad was the RR sector commander
Might not be under RR but they dont have any operational control. They are under Corps HQ, and as such are tasked by the officer-in-charge.Apart from that, as per MOD heirarchy, Garuds and Para SF are at the same tier. So I dont see how anyone can justify Garuds being under the tasking of Para SF.

Case in point, MARCOS do not operate in the valley under Para SF. They are complementary to them and do their own thing. So would be the case with the Garuds.

There is no one in this forum who knows more about RR than me
thats a fairly tall assumption considering the company you're in. For one, Kunal Biswas has himself served in the RR so keep the dick measuring to yourself.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
you took one set of assumptions and I provided you the counter assumptions to that. You dont have any credible reply to it then that's a different thing.

Might not be under RR but they dont have any operational control. They are under Corps HQ, and as such are tasked by the officer-in-charge.Apart from that, as per MOD heirarchy, Garuds and Para SF are at the same tier. So I dont see how anyone can justify Garuds being under the tasking of Para SF.

Case in point, MARCOS do not operate in the valley under Para SF. They are complementary to them and do their own thing. So would be the case with the Garuds.

thats a fairly tall assumption considering the company you're in. For one, Kunal Biswas has himself served in the RR so keep the dick measuring to yourself.
You have no idea who Marcos are under and who Para are under. Leave that.

#assumptions

armyofhind

Country flag
You have no idea who Marcos are under and who Para are under. Leave that.

#assumptions
Lol.

More dick measuring. Kar le bhai tu. Satisfy your fragile ego because I've hardly seen a sensible sentence in your gibberish posts till now.

All you've managed to do till now is bitch like a teenage schoolgirl about a warrior who laid his life down for everyone in the country.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
You guy's are doing name picking and calling a martyr that he did this mistake and all. He should have done that etc isn't it disgraceful? People always try to do there best when they are in combat everyone wants to save there life and act accordingly to there training and mistakes in operation everyone does that.
Whole kargil war could have been solved in minutes if government allowed a airstrikes. Gear or not but troops have to act with or without helmet or without night vision what is the mistake of soldiers? It's the government to blame that they are unable to provide basic stuff to the forces.

People on this forum bitching about our martyrs mistakes showing that they were not good etc is disrespectful.
He was a warrior who gave life for the country. Only few have balls to do that. Respect.
I'm not picking up fight with anyone but this how i feel.

Last edited:

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Lol.

More dick measuring. Kar le bhai tu. Satisfy your fragile ego because I've hardly seen a sensible sentence in your gibberish posts till now.

All you've managed to do till now is bitch like a teenage schoolgirl about a warrior who laid his life down for everyone in the country.
Kid,

you are worried about medals..i am worried about his daughter.

Go and have milk.Sleep time.

armyofhind

Country flag
Kid,

you are worried about medals..i am worried about his daughter.

Go and have milk.Sleep time.
more gibberish absent of any logic from the teenage schoolgirl who just wants to keep putting nonsense on the thread to measure his dick.

I'm done wasting time with you itty bitty bitchy boy. keep living in your armchair general's paradise and jack off thinking about lobbing grenades into rooms.

Adding you to my ignore list.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Indian Embassy in USA: 10th edition of the joint military exercise ‘Vajra Prahar’ between India & US will be held at Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) in Seattle. A 45-member Special Forces team from the Indian Army will train alongside US Special Forces from 13–28 October, 2019.

armyofhind

Country flag
You guy's are doing name picking and calling a martyr that he did this mistake and all. He should have done that etc isn't it disgraceful? People always try to do there best when they are in combat everyone wants to save there life and act accordingly to there training and mistakes in operation everyone does that.
Whole kargil war could have been solved in minutes if government allowed a airstrikes. Gear or not but troops have to act with our without helmet or without night vision what is the mistake of soldiers? It's the government to blame that they are unable to provide basic stuff to the forces.

People on this forum bitching about our martyrs mistakes showing that they were not good etc is disrespectful.
I'm not picking up fight with anyone but this how i feel.
Completely agree with what you said.

Unfortunately, there are people here who think they know better, and act like teenage schoolgirls when they discuss about the latest popstar's life gossip based on what they read in the newspaper that day on page 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles