Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsme

Country flag
What a joke, in one sector they'll slaughter each other in another sector they ll exchange sweets. I don't think both sides really eat those sweets cause of the threat of poisoning.

BTW this should be in skirmish LOC thread, not SF thread.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Pakistani army sniper targets 33 RR jawan subesh chandra on eve of diwali... he has been shifted to base hospital

Aur karo sweets exchange chutiya generals, chutiya MoD, chutiya gobermint
Yup. It’s a disgrace.

Would you see US exchanging sweets with ISIS or AQ?

Next day some of these same troops you give sweets to will take off their uniforms and push into India to kill innocents and Indian servicemen.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Indian troops exchanged Diwali sweets at border. They look way better equipped than previous years.

View attachment 29413 View attachment 29414
Actually better than pakis .
(1) Earlier FAB AKs were issued to SF only. Then Airborne , Bodyguards of senior officers and GHATAKs and now regular ( posted at LOC ) started getting them. On other side they are using locally assembled Chinese Type 56 with local mod and sights which they call SMG. It's efficiency and rate of fire decreases ( effective upto 300m ) with barrel bulge during extensive firing which is not an issue with the our AK clone arsenal like VZ58 , MD , MPI KMS & AR M1 .
(2) Compare helmets. We have new MKU ACH now while they have bulky PASGT.
And don't forget our new EXFIL Ballistic Helmets. On other side such type of helmets are issued to PN SSG-N & PAF SSW only. SSGs in majority are still using PASGT helmets.
(3) Check camos. I mean seriously. A desert digi camo at LOC . That's target practice for our jawans even with iron sights. Plus with repeated washing camo's color fades which reveals whole body as you can see in the pics.
(4) If you compare the vests their vest and ours both have armour insert. Can't compare as we don't know the exact level of plates used by both.
(5) Pads & tactical eye wear are basic things which don't matter much in that area.

The only thing we lack in is our sniper rifle inventory which we will get soon. Infantry is no longer negelected now. They have better sniper rifles ( For obvious reasons like their GDP % on defence spending + AID + advantage of not having bigger navy which distributes more funds for Army ) . But we somehow compensate with larger numbers , more firepower and surprise cross border raids.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Actually better than pakis .
(1) Earlier FAB AKs were issued to SF only. Then Airborne , Bodyguards of senior officers and GHATAKs and now regular ( posted at LOC ) started getting them. On other side they are using locally assembled Chinese Type 56 with local mod and sights which they call SMG. It's efficiency and rate of fire decreases ( effective upto 300m ) with barrel bulge during extensive firing which is not an issue with the our AK clone arsenal like VZ58 , MD , MPI KMS & AR M1 .
(2) Compare helmets. We have new MKU ACH now while they have bulky PASGT.
And don't forget our new EXFIL Ballistic Helmets. On other side such type of helmets are issued to PN SSG-N & PAF SSW only. SSGs in majority are still using PASGT helmets.
(3) Check camos. I mean seriously. A desert digi camo at LOC . That's target practice for our jawans even with iron sights. Plus with repeated washing camo's color fades which reveals whole body as you can see in the pics.
(4) If you compare the vests their vest and ours both have armour insert. Can't compare as we don't know the exact level of plates used by both.
(5) Pads & tactical eye wear are basic things which don't matter much in that area.

The only thing we lack in is our sniper rifle inventory which we will get soon. Infantry is no longer negelected now. They have better sniper rifles ( For obvious reasons like their GDP % on defence spending + AID + advantage of not having bigger navy which distributes more funds for Army ) . But we somehow compensate with larger numbers , more firepower and surprise cross border raids.
These front zip plate carriers have to GO. I cannot believe any sane person has okayed their purchase, they are dangerous and uncomfortable for the user at the same time.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
These front zip plate carriers have to GO. I cannot believe any sane person has okayed their purchase, they are dangerous and uncomfortable for the user at the same time.
out of curiosity...
what are the alternatives you are thinking of?

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Here's some new stuff from my collection
(1) Front zip vests are getting replaced by this one
PicsArt_11-07-02.19.55.jpg
DWKAIV1X4AELKvd~01.jpg

Unnithan sir during his border visit
(2) One more tactical vest with front zip & insert
Front
PicsArt_11-07-02.19.18.jpg

Rear
PicsArt_11-07-02.20.29.jpg

(3) New plate carrier
Screenshot_20181007-160158~01~01.png

Excluding the newly ordered SMPP & Heavy duty BPJs.

See as per my information , collection plus posts from INDRA , Shatrujeet & Indian Para Commandos like pages I have learnt that we hardly know 50% about new stuff coming for our forces. There is actually much more at LOC ( Because commander level procurements may vary starting from ghatak platoon to brigade level ). Same with the SF battalions.
Examples to support my claim
(1) MARATHALI stationed in Aundh and Mechanised Infantry stationed in Ahmednagar were the first to receive ACHs long before the mega MKU order.
(2) 6 Para Airborne is better equipped than other airborne battalions coz of their battalion level procurement.
Ex . Better attachments for firearms and highcut helmets.
(3) 10 PARA SF have the best support equipment in their inventory.
(4) 9 Para SF prefers Beretta 92fs while other SFs are still using Browning Hi-Power as standard.
(5) SIKH & Arunachal Scouts , Assam regiments have one of the best equipped Ghatak Platoons & infantry battalions .
Examples Well Camoflaged small arms , sights , uniformity in clothing & equipment.
And so on ...

So we don't have to judge or complain about whole Army by just handful of examples and fraction of knowledge available to us. There is much more to explore about Army of 1.3 million Bravehearts.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
This is US Navy seals demonstration from 1999.
I just compared this US seal demonstration with IN MARCO demonstration at Visakhapatnam.
Seal slide down on floatila using rope. 6 guys slide down within 4 seconds one after another. IN MARCOS were bit slow , another guy didn't leave chopper until first guy landed.
Chopper pilot was awesome , his swift moves comes handy when he is dropping action team in hostile zone.

cyclops

Country flag
Pakistani army sniper targets 33 RR jawan subesh chandra on eve of diwali... he has been shifted to base hospital

Aur karo sweets exchange chutiya generals, chutiya MoD, chutiya gobermint

This is just getting ridiculous.:frusty:

Pakis are increasingly using snipers against our boys ever since surgical strikes and the hostilities that followed.
We desperately need new counter sniper tactics, a specialized sniper force, and something akin to the USMC Scout Sniper course.

Last edited:

IndiaRising

Country flag
This is just getting ridiculous.:frusty:
Pakis are increasingly using snipers against our boys ever since surgical strikes and the hostilities that followed.
We desperately need new counter sniper tactics, a specialized sniper force, and something akin to the USMC Scout Sniper course.
most likely, he is out of danger..... IA has struck back. interestingly pakis have admitted to it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles