Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

12arya

Country flag
15 September 1995. Captain A S Jasrotia, 9 PARA (SF) while leading his team in Lolab Valley, J&K came under heavy rocket and small arms fire. In order to extricate his men, this brave officer despite being gravely injured, displayed sterling qualities of courage and leadership and rescued his men by neutralizing the terrorists. He later succumbed to his injuries. For this act of singular valour, beyond the call of duty, was awarded #AshokaChakra posthumously.

upload_2018-9-15_23-3-52.png

12arya

Country flag
How many of you believe this ? I have a reason not to believe it.

View attachment 27667
The speaker is Retired Lt. Gen. Rajendra Nimbhorkar and he was speaking at a non-governmental event hosted by a non-governmental organisation.

How the heck is then the GoI "hell bent on [supplying] SOPs piecemeal to the media"?

It seems some just cannot look past 26/9 while asking all others to do so.
I beg to differ. I have lived among leopards in my vicinity in Assam. The dogs would rather point towards the source thereby sounding an alarm. A dog would bark when they smell something unusual, especially a urine that they are not acquainted of. Carrying a urine is like carrying a heat signature when heat seeking missile is on your tail.
Leopards are known to prey on dogs in many areas where they happen to be sympatric. Borivili national park is prime example. So it stands to reason that dogs maybe inherently scared of an apex predator in regions where such preying is common.

J&K has different species of leopards, the spotted leopard and the mountain leopard and it's quite likely that some of these leopards descend from the mountains and raid the villages for livestock and also prey on dogs when they can.

In the forests, animals such as deer they sound an alarm call when they sense a predator approaching. But when they come across the signs of a predator having being around in the area, they quickly move away without a fuss.

I believe this is what may have happened in the PoK villages. Once the dogs smelled the presence of leopard, they took a patli gali out of there.
It should not have been said on that platform.
It is true. It is not like dogs don't bark at all but they just avoid to come near it. Pardhi hunters also use this technique while poaching.

Talking about Nimbhorkar sir I am going to meet him soon. I will ask him personally.
He was senior of my father in Satara Sainik School. His father & my grandfather were buddies , they together worked to establish Cotton market in Morshi Village (His Native) , Amravati District , Maharashtra. Great to have such officer as my family friend.

Member like @Vinod DX9 who know me personally know about this very well in case if you think I am talking BS.
India has three species of leopards- snow leopard, clouded leopard and the common leopard. Snow and clouded leopard aren't found in the regions across LOC. I am even doubtful of presence of common leopards.
Dogs do not fear leopards. A pack of dogs can easily defeat a leopard, which is a solitary animal. Leopards depend on element of surprise.
Why I am refuting this is because of this:
Take an example of human's urine. A person can recognise the smell of human's urine better than a human's body odour. Now multiply this sensing ability of human 10 times and you get the sensing ability of a dog. Carrying a urine is nothing but keeping a ringing alarm clock. Not to refute the credibility of a Corps commander but this I will take with a pinch of salt.
the reply on the contentious topic, from Maj. Arya's SF buddy:rofl:

upload_2018-9-16_12-1-2.png

Brahmaputra Mail 2

Country flag
A trained dog squad would rather pursue than be afraid of some marking. Anyways the dogs would be no match for the operators who were armed to teeth. Dogs like Belgian Malinois are employed by forest dept. officials in Kaziranga to trace poachers. Territorial markings or presence of any wild animal are least of worry for any trained dog. But that said I am not denying any use by SF. But it serves little purpose.

mayfair

But these were not for trained dogs, the reference is specifically to the stray dogs that populate every city, street or village in the Indian subcontinent.

Leopard waste was specifically to keep them away.

I suspect this is a far more common strategy in this region that we may know of. Remember, a few years ago 4-5 scum attempted to raid a CRPF camp; their location was given away by barking stray dogs and the scum were promptly dispatched to jahannum. But during a few other similar attacks, there were no reports of barking strays.

Plus, if the jihadii scum started rearing trained watchdogs, it would be a dead giveaway for their camps innit or at least something of importance.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Can someone name the rifle used by two operators?
Looks like AR15 to me. I may be wrong.

12arya

Country flag
posting error. deleted...................................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles