Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Would somebody smart, compare Indian and Pakistani special forces hardware and training to give us a fair idea that during wartime, who will carry the day.

The Pakistani commandos failed in 1965 when they were landed near the military airfields. They were all apprehended by the villagers. I few slipped back to Pakistan disguised as civilians. In 1971 Indian commandos lead by Major later the Maharaja of Jaipur deep inside Pakistan to destroy Pakistani artillery positions. This raid was a great success. Similarly the recent Indian commando raid across the LOC gave Pakistan’s a bloody nose.

rkhanna

Country flag
Apart from the Glock combat knives issued to NSG,is there any other kind of combat knives used by SF?. @rkhanna @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR @Unknowncommando 2 @ghost
AFAIK there is no standard issue knife in India (outside the OFB issued bayonet). NSG bought a Glock Consignment. Different regiments issue different blades at a regimental center level.

I know of Army SF buying their own knives. I know of atleast 1 SF Squad that bought the Mk3 knife for themselves.

Maybe others can help in more detail.

12arya

Country flag
Would somebody smart, compare Indian and Pakistani special forces hardware and training to give us a fair idea that during wartime, who will carry the day.

The Pakistani commandos failed in 1965 when they were landed near the military airfields. They were all apprehended by the villagers. I few slipped back to Pakistan disguised as civilians. In 1971 Indian commandos lead by Major later the Maharaja of Jaipur deep inside Pakistan to destroy Pakistani artillery positions. This raid was a great success. Similarly the recent Indian commando raid across the LOC gave Pakistan’s a bloody nose.
I don't know if im smart enough but I am definitely not qualified to list out the hardware or the training!!!! I am sure experts on this forum will give u the clinical answer that u r looking for.

That being said, I will still say that India' s PARA SF will win handsdown anyday over pakistanis. I base my opinion on the proud history of the PARAS and my gut feeling. Ur own post(2nd paragraph) contains the proof to my statement.

Not just the PARA SF, India's Jawans themselves will own pak's so called "special force" since our soldiers, I believe, are some of the toughest men on this planet! No exxaggeration since they have proven it over and over. Even when politicians of my country has let our soldiers down with their weirdo decisions, our soldiers have stood like a steel fort protecting the world's largest democracy from a military/jihadi nutocracy!!!!

As a commoner I am extremely proud of my military.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

In the last few years on the LOC a lot of SSG involved in BAT ops have been eliminated by the Para SF.

In one incident 1 Para SF havaldar took on 3 SSG in a head on assualt resulting in killing of 1 and heavily injuring other 2.

Para SF snipers have confirmed kills in double digits including majors and captains.

Multiple raids and assaults have been conducted on enemy posts.

Top names in terror lists have been taken down.

Same cannot be said about SSG.

Para is a breed apart in real ops..they are as experienced as any operator in Syria or Iraq or Afghanistan.

If i was a bad guy and i had a option to avoid 1 SF in South Asia including India ..i would definitely avoid Para.

12arya

Country flag
He looks like he would rip my arms out using that moustache alone.
dayum true....the man is built like a tree:eek1:
by the way, the mushless officer luks very familiar!!! can't decide where i saw him. any idea who he is?

12arya

Country flag
the guy on left looks like major rajat chandra, although i could be wrong.
@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR sir is right. that can't b major. chandra; this man is way grown up despite his boyish luks..... he is a colonel. it cud even b maj.chandra's dad, judging by the age and similar facial features:)

jokes aside, that's not col. shekhawat, right? damn, the officer luks as much familiar!!!! i have seen him somewhere. but can't pinpoint where.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.