Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbm

Country flag

SF using respirators:NSG

Not FN minimi but Negev lmg.

Thank you so much for these but I was thinking about the FN MINIMI 7.62TR 7.62mm NATO Light machine gun which Wiki reports as being in serivce? Also the Sniper rifle next to the PSG-1, what is it ? Thank you so much!

ghost

Thank you so much for these but I was thinking about the FN MINIMI 7.62TR 7.62mm NATO Light machine gun which Wiki reports as being in serivce? Also the Sniper rifle next to the PSG-1, what is it ? Thank you so much!
There is one photo of two NSG guys standing next to FN MINIMI ,it was posted on this very thread by myself, but I am not able to locate it right now. If it helps, I have seen FN MINIMI with CRPF (can't locate the pic right now )so, I would not be surprised if NSG have it in their armoury(weapons for both are purchased by MHA).

That's a bolt action sniper rifle :SIG-SAUER SSG 3000

sbm

Country flag
Thanks - would appreciate the other photos but at your convenience of course. Again thanks!

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I wonder why our special forces still rely on AK and its variants for 7.62:

Why not the SCAR-H(Para sf,Garud,Marcos)

Second thing is why haven't they inducted motorcycles in their inventory ?

Where do you suggest the use of motorcycles?Kashmir is not the place and we use ATVs in Rajasthan.

Motorbikes are used by CRPF COBRA Commandos effectively.

ghost

Where do you suggest the use of motorcycles?Kashmir is not the place and we use ATVs in Rajasthan.

Motorbikes are used by CRPF COBRA Commandos effectively.
It's upto them to decide where to use it, as per the tactical scenario.From Gujarat ,Rajasthan ,Punjab to ladkah,jammu and Kashmir to where -ever it is suitable.I know Kashmir valley is hills and ravines but still someplace where you have to conduct short patrol,scout or recon and terrain allow the use of bikes .Few commando with bikes can be deployed through dhruv helicopter .

They can cover a large area in bikes in short time,ATV are good but bikes can supplement them.they are smaller,stealthier more agile.

I would use them in Rajasthan,Gujarat and ladakh. Even in J&K big vehicles have their limitations ,they cannot cut across a jungle as bikes.For eg you have to reach a village in kashmir,one party can move in mpv through main road while few approach in their bikes from surrounding jungles.

I am thinking of this:

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
It's upto them to decide where to use it, as per the tactical scenario.From Gujarat ,Rajasthan ,Punjab to ladkah,jammu and Kashmir to where -ever it is suitable.I know Kashmir valley is hills and ravines but still someplace where you have to conduct short patrol,scout or recon and terrain allow the use of bikes .Few commando with bikes can be deployed through dhruv helicopter .

They can cover a large area in bikes in short time,ATV are good but bikes can supplement them.they are smaller,stealthier more agile.

I would use them in Rajasthan,Gujarat and ladakh. Even in J&K big vehicles have their limitations ,they cannot cut across a jungle as bikes.For eg you have to reach a village in kashmir,one party can move in mpv through main road while few approach in their bikes from surrounding jungles.

I am thinking of this:

In J&K it is not practical to use them.However,in Rajasthan it can be used but there have been no purchases made and the 10th PARA already has ATV.

I believe bikes would suit the Garuds more than any other SF unit because of their role of being a QRF incase of a airbase attack.

ghost

In J&K it is not practical to use them.However,in Rajasthan it can be used but there have been no purchases made and the 10th PARA already has ATV.

I believe bikes would suit the Garuds more than any other SF unit because of their role of being a QRF incase of a airbase attack.
Garuds can use bikes to patrol base but not as QRF.In case of an attack, terrorist will be hiding and would try to ambush you .So, bike is not suitable for QRF. Instead they should have light armored vehicle like these:

Equipped with remote control machine guns and thermal imagery camera.These type of vehicles will help in detecting and eliminating threat in fast pace,while protecting the QRF from a possible ambush.It can act as fire support for QRF.

In Pathankot ,the terrorist were located and engaged in a open area(with bushes) during early hours by the Garuds but terrorist brought down heavy firepower over them and were able to move to other part of the base,leaving behind Garuds, either injured or killed.If Garuds were having such vehicles at that time ,then the story would have been different and terrorist eliminated then and there.

reddevil9

शत्रुजीत
@Mangal here is the proof
capt kalia's revenge.png

see this all i can get, that guy was himself involved in the op, and yes Capt kalia was avenged and those assholes were given the taste of their own medicine, he also told me that nadala incident was over fabricated by presstitutes, but this op was not nadala enclave raid.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
@Mangal here is the proof
View attachment 12349
see this all i can get, that guy was himself involved in the op, and yes Capt kalia was avenged and those assholes were given the taste of their own medicine, he also told me that nadala incident was over fabricated by presstitutes, but this op was not nadala enclave raid.
Can you please explain me detailed..i can;t understand a bit from beginning to end

reddevil9

शत्रुजीत
this is the screenshot of the relevant portion, in the earlier text he was cursing and telling me about the presstitutes who always post rubbish about these ops cause they don't know a shit about them, gave a little reference about current surgical strikes. basically the Nadala incident was something different but this op was specially undertaken to take down the person(major) who was involved in the brutal torture of captain kalia,
that asshole ****** was given the exact same treatment they gave to captain kalia, 22 bodies were left in the bunker with messages written on walls with blood(those pics are attached with my earlier answers on this thread). basically this was a revenge op taken by 8 sf operatives(5 from 1st para sf & 3 from 10 para sf) in early 2000. he belonged to 10 para sf.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
this is the screenshot of the relevant portion, in the earlier text he was cursing and telling me about the presstitutes who always post rubbish about these ops cause they don't know a shit about them, gave a little reference about current surgical strikes. basically the Nadala incident was something different but this op was specially undertaken to take down the person(major) who was involved in the brutal torture of captain kalia,
that asshole ****** was given the exact same treatment they gave to captain kalia, 22 bodies were left in the bunker with messages written on walls with blood(those pics are attached with my earlier answers on this thread). basically this was a revenge op taken by 8 sf operatives(5 from 1st para sf & 3 from 10 para sf) in early 2000. he belonged to 10 para sf.
I'm bad at taking small pieces of story and analyzing...so plz tell me whole story or leave it

raheel besharam

It said, the first such complaint was filed with UNMOGIP in November 1998, when 22 civilians were killed in Bandala in Chhamb sector; two of them decapitated and eyes gouged out in many bodies. Six months after Kargil, seven Pakistani soldiers were tortured and killed in Nadala enclave in January 2000. In June 2008, four Pakistani soldiers were killed, while the Indian troops beheaded one and took away his head in Bhattal sector in Poonch. Again in August 2011, three Pakistani soldiers were killed across the Neelam river valley in Kel.

The daily quoted an unnamed senior Pakistan army officer state: “We have sought to downplay these incidents, aware that a public backlash push us into a situation we cannot afford on the LoC, :biggrin2: given that much of our army is now committed to our western borders. Each of these incidents has been protested by us on both Military and UNMOGIP channels.”

Pak alleges their soldiers too were decapitated

It seems @reddevil9 is correct with all his references, can u shed some light on recent surgical strikes?

rkhanna

Country flag
Are you a subscriber of SOFREP. I always enjoy reading their articles. Till DEC 25 all of their articles are free.
Unfortunately no. A family member (Ex IA) is a subscriber and plans on contributing in the near future so i use his login sometimes.

Alas, hats off to the SFs, always ready to be dropped into the heat of battle, always ready to do their duty, always ready to run towards the enemy and kill them. The nation is truly fortunate to have such induviduals.
Alas, that's also a reason for SF raking up such high body counts doing mundane non strategic reactionary tasks.

Immanuel

Country flag
someone posted this on his facebook timeline, this "someone" is from army itself, may be from sf too.

Nagrota why it happened.......

When preponderance is on amenities, OROP and other luxaries, how can training be better.......professional ethics in uniform services appears to be a thing of past. This is applicable to all uniform services...read this...

It's time to wake up AND stay awake. I'm referring to Nagrota debacle. (After the Uri humiliation).

Please read the following, it's authentic and first hand. Only for lessons to be learnt. Pl do share it

Spoke to the unit (9 SF) at length about the Nagrota ops of yesterday.Quite shameful.3 militants entered prior to first lt.Waited near the offrs mess and accn.Started moving towards the accn.There was a sentry post with a sentry who saw them but got shit scared and ran away .One of the trts fired at him but missed.Then gp split into two of one trt and other with 2. The single trt went to sentry post and next to the post was the guard room he entered and fired inside and killed 3 people and then circled back and went into the servants qr of the offrs block. There was a sentry post on top of the Offrs accn with a LMG however the sentry had left the post and the wpn and gone somewhere.When the firing happened this guy was trying to climb back to the LMG post but was shot dead by the the other gp of two trts.The block of four houses had offrs and families who had occupied three flats top left and grnd floor both were occupied and top rt was empty.By this time the 166 arty QRT reacted and reached .The offr was climbing when he was shot dead.Bal of the QRT ran away.This arty QRT was followed by the engr QRT .The engr offr went from behind to try and enter the complex but was shot dead by the lone trt hiding in the servants qr and the bal of the QRT ran away.One JCo and Jawan from the QRT ran away and took shelter in the neighbouring complex and locked themselves.9 got activated at 0645 in the morning and tps from 9 reached the location by 0740.Initial recce was done and info gathered.People on Grnd did not know how many trts were there.Conflicting reports of anything from 4 to 6. People were in panic and also did not know where own tps in cordon were loc.9 dply it's snipers and bldg intervention parties.Familiez and offrs in the three houses were constantly talked to on mob and told to barricade themselves.one of the boys in the cordon of arty exposed himself and was immediately shot dead by the trts.This also gave his loc away.9 snipers and RL sqd engaged and killed one of them.The sec trts climbed up and took posn in the LMG post and fired the LMG and Ak but was again killed by 9 the moment he exposed himself.One of the bldg intervention team then rushed and secured the hostages which included offrs ladies and kids and got them out and the other team started clearing the bldg and then killed one trt who was in the servants qr.They also rec the bodies of two offrs and the LMG sentry in the process.It took lot of coaxing by 9 boys to get the JCo and Jawan out of their hiding place as they were shit scared and literally crying even though armed.Such is the state of trg of Indian Army
This is colorful hogwash, written to deface the Army.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
@reddevil9 If you see any stupid articles or someone articles with immediate effect flag them as spam and report to facebook they will remove it

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
It said, the first such complaint was filed with UNMOGIP in November 1998, when 22 civilians were killed in Bandala in Chhamb sector; two of them decapitated and eyes gouged out in many bodies. Six months after Kargil, seven Pakistani soldiers were tortured and killed in Nadala enclave in January 2000. In June 2008, four Pakistani soldiers were killed, while the Indian troops beheaded one and took away his head in Bhattal sector in Poonch. Again in August 2011, three Pakistani soldiers were killed across the Neelam river valley in Kel.

The daily quoted an unnamed senior Pakistan army officer state: “We have sought to downplay these incidents, aware that a public backlash push us into a situation we cannot afford on the LoC, :biggrin2: given that much of our army is now committed to our western borders. Each of these incidents has been protested by us on both Military and UNMOGIP channels.”

Pak alleges their soldiers too were decapitated

It seems @reddevil9 is correct with all his references, can u shed some light on recent surgical strikes?
I am so fucking happy you guys just made my day :balleballe::balleballe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles