Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
No army cantt is 100 % secure from Fidayeens especially in peace areas. Fidayeens always enjoy the advantage of 1st strike. What best the forces could do is to minimize the casualties and contain them before they reach army quarters, mess and admin office etc

I've posted this before but anyways in my Army cantt (peace area and a Brigade) only 3 Armed troops are guarding the main gate (one of the three gate ) another unarmed sentry checking the IDs and Helmets of people going inside cantt. No Qrt, No MPV at this gate.

Once get past this gate (3 arm troops in a shed) 100s of soldiers and officers families, support staff is open for Jihadis.

Further the armed sentries most of the time chatting and cracking jokes standing under a enclosed shad with Insas. By the time they cock the Rifle, determined Jihadis would •••••••

Also, the mechanized Officer's mess is guarded by only one sentry. Yes only one sentry guarding an Officer's mess.
What can be done is that more troops and officers can carry a firearm and not be a sitting duck when the attack happens.

A QRT team can be ready 24 hours and patrol the cantonment.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
The guy who wrote this has served with 10 para sf, this is the famed raid where they wrote messages with blood as evidence, rest @Bornubus , @Kunal Biswas and others can shed some light on it
View attachment 12271
View attachment 12272
View attachment 12273
View attachment 12274
Nadala enclave ??

But i thought usually left notes written in Urdu written with "an eye for an eye"

"Evil deeds bear evil fruits"

"Vengeance Brigade"

During Sawan Patra raid "they" left a Dagger and Live Ammo to mark their presence.

reddevil9

शत्रुजीत
Hum shikari hein (we are the hunters)
Dushman hai shikaar (enemy is our prey)
Hissa ke hum maalik (we are the owners of this land)
Tum bas kiraidaar (you are just a tenant)
damn!! even i wasn't able to make out those words so quickly.:biggrin2:

reddevil9

शत्रुजीत
Nadala enclave ??

But i thought usually left notes written in Urdu written with "an eye for an eye"

"Vengeance Brigade"

During Sawan Patra raid "they" left a Dagger and Live Ammo to mark their presence.
he refused to divulge the place and date of the op, i have asked him though, waiting for his reply.. even i thought they used urdu, but sometimes you see shayaris sounds good in the original language:laugh:.

Last edited:

aditya g

Country flag
We need to re-orient Defence Security Corps. Instead of being a source of constables, it should be officered and maybe changed to a TA type of organisation. Those boys could anyday do a better job than the likes of CISF and Police nakas.

Nadala enclave ??

"Vengeance Brigade"

ghost

Hissa ke hum maalik (we are the owners of this land)
Tum bas kiraidaar (you are just a tenant)
Slight correction:

Hinsa ke hum maalik hai (we are the owner of violence)
Tum bas kiraidaar (you are just a tenant )

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Nadala enclave ??

"Vengeance Brigade"

Well nadala happened sometime after kargil war...................

and the pics and the incident shared by the soldier of 10 para sf referred by reddivil looks a bit recet(2-3 years)

abingdonboy

Country flag
someone posted this on his facebook timeline, this "someone" is from army itself, may be from sf too.

Nagrota why it happened.......

When preponderance is on amenities, OROP and other luxaries, how can training be better.......professional ethics in uniform services appears to be a thing of past. This is applicable to all uniform services...read this...

It's time to wake up AND stay awake. I'm referring to Nagrota debacle. (After the Uri humiliation).

Please read the following, it's authentic and first hand. Only for lessons to be learnt. Pl do share it

Spoke to the unit (9 SF) at length about the Nagrota ops of yesterday.Quite shameful.3 militants entered prior to first lt.Waited near the offrs mess and accn.Started moving towards the accn.There was a sentry post with a sentry who saw them but got shit scared and ran away .One of the trts fired at him but missed.Then gp split into two of one trt and other with 2. The single trt went to sentry post and next to the post was the guard room he entered and fired inside and killed 3 people and then circled back and went into the servants qr of the offrs block. There was a sentry post on top of the Offrs accn with a LMG however the sentry had left the post and the wpn and gone somewhere.When the firing happened this guy was trying to climb back to the LMG post but was shot dead by the the other gp of two trts.The block of four houses had offrs and families who had occupied three flats top left and grnd floor both were occupied and top rt was empty.By this time the 166 arty QRT reacted and reached .The offr was climbing when he was shot dead.Bal of the QRT ran away.This arty QRT was followed by the engr QRT .The engr offr went from behind to try and enter the complex but was shot dead by the lone trt hiding in the servants qr and the bal of the QRT ran away.One JCo and Jawan from the QRT ran away and took shelter in the neighbouring complex and locked themselves.9 got activated at 0645 in the morning and tps from 9 reached the location by 0740.Initial recce was done and info gathered.People on Grnd did not know how many trts were there.Conflicting reports of anything from 4 to 6. People were in panic and also did not know where own tps in cordon were loc.9 dply it's snipers and bldg intervention parties.Familiez and offrs in the three houses were constantly talked to on mob and told to barricade themselves.one of the boys in the cordon of arty exposed himself and was immediately shot dead by the trts.This also gave his loc away.9 snipers and RL sqd engaged and killed one of them.The sec trts climbed up and took posn in the LMG post and fired the LMG and Ak but was again killed by 9 the moment he exposed himself.One of the bldg intervention team then rushed and secured the hostages which included offrs ladies and kids and got them out and the other team started clearing the bldg and then killed one trt who was in the servants qr.They also rec the bodies of two offrs and the LMG sentry in the process.It took lot of coaxing by 9 boys to get the JCo and Jawan out of their hiding place as they were shit scared and literally crying even though armed.Such is the state of trg of Indian Army
To put some context to this, the base was a logistics/admin one and considered relatively "safe" (hence why families were present). It was not involved in direct combat operations hence the engineer and arty QRTs (made up of non-combatants) would always be pretty ineffective compared to a hardened combat unit. If these terrorists had struck an RR or infantry base they would have met much stiffer resistence.

I agree though that a mindset change needs to happen in the IA and they need to wake up to the nature of the threat they face- they are NEVER safe, no matter where they are and the enemy will in fact strike where the IA thinks they are the safest. This is what happens when the vast majority of officers and soldiers in the IA have never engaged in combat and NONE of the current generation of the IA have fought a conventional war, they become very very soft.

Alas, hats off to the SFs, always ready to be dropped into the heat of battle, always ready to do their duty, always ready to run towards the enemy and kill them. The nation is truly fortunate to have such induviduals.

abingdonboy

Country flag
As an outside observer I can attest to this. Delhi Cantt - has at most 4 sentries - 3 with slung rifles checking vehicles and a fourth with the rifle ready. A determined fidayeen attack could overcome these sentries whose primary function is checking vehicles entering.
This is not too surprising and actually we should understand that the primary responsibility of securing the outside of any defence installation is the local POLICE, the military actually has no authority to do so.

I know that most of the RAF/Army bases I have visited here in the UK have (at most) a single sentry at the gate with a magazine but not cocked (not "made ready" as they say).

That said, in the light of Uri, Pathankot, Samba etc etc all agencies need to step up their game and secure every single defence installation to the fullest extent possible and the most effective way is not with sentries but improved perimeter protection systems (automated where possible), better fences/walls and the clearing of illegal housing around all defence bases. Not many people know this but by LAW it is illegal to have any construction within 50m-100m of any defence installations but in reality illegal encroachments are present in most which present a serious security risk.

Imaxxx

"Shaktimev Jayate" - Strength Alone Triumphs
Country flag
If heavily armed terrorists can reach the cantt where you live, we have all sorts of other problems.. :)

I don't believe this BS posted a few posts back about QRTs running away, soldiers crying.. No Army officer would post such nonsense on his Facebook and Indian troops don't just run away from battle.
Yep.....lot of holes and unbelievable pieces in the story.

Bornubus

shayaris sounds good in the original language
Absolutely. They are not Line infantry but Special Forces. This is also the part of psy ops. Such kills not only inflict casualties on enemy but Put fear in their heart.

And Para are train to hunt Jihadis (or Pak Army), act like Jihadi and Look like Jihadis. So i won't be surprise that little Capt Taimur Khan got his head missing on 23 Nov

Para Back in the days :)

p.jpg

Bornubus

self delete

==================

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads