Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
RFI issued : Army wants LSVs for Special Forces

Army wants LSVs for Special Forces

The Indian Army is likely to procure light strike vehicles (LSVs) specifically for its Parachute Battalions (Special Forces). An recent RFI issued in this regard says that the LSVs will be used as a fast attack vehicle for the Special Forces. It will also enhance the mobility and reach of the Special Forces in different types of hostile terrains.
The Army is keen to have these LSVs fitted with integral fire power systems. The Army has sought for a stable vehicle which can carry four persons (including the driver) in a full-combat mode, including personal weapon. The LSV must be configured to have stowage space for carrying communication sets, spare ammunition, water and fuel. The specs: 4.7m (length) x 2.1m (width) x 1.65 (height).

The RFI further states that the LSV must have hard points for a suitable weapon mount capable of firing a 7.62mm GPMG from co-driver's seat (frontal arc). "The rear hard point must enable to mount either a MILAN anti tank guided missile launcher or a .50/12.7 HMG or an Automatic Grenade Launcher. The Army has also sought information on whether the LSV can be air portable\para droppable (AN-32, IL-76, MI17).

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The specs:
4.7m (length) x 2.1m (width) x 1.65 (height). ?????

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
long time back one of husband wife team made those in India. They offer this to our forces, even say their vehicle. God knows what happen to that.

ashicjose

if you remove the top of gypsi i hope you got the specs and the one in your post is not 4x4.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
if you remove the top of gypsi i hope you got the specs and the one in your post is not 4x4.
All military LSV are 4X4, The one i posted is used by US army SF and Airborne forces..

Though i wish if u have some link on it..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its very possible Flyer 2 may be winner from beginning..

Flyer 1 was their for Army Light attack Vehicle..

Flyer 2 is new and improved..

And its Length is 4.5m, Width is 1.5m and Height is 1.5ms..

Compare to RFI recommendation.

4.7m (length) x 2.1m (width) x 1.65 (height)

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
the specs seems to be inspired by the HUMVEE M1097A2 model, here is a spec sheet of HUMVEE M1097A2

Though I would have called for an Indian vehicle selected and post selection modification being applied on it to meet the required level of performance, another long run field trials with no guaranteed result...that could have don't otherwise which would also help Indian companies making stronger base in defence sector.

sandeepdg

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I hope that our local defense companies can satisfy this need. Otherwise it will take a decade to get this RFI cleared. There has to be a shorter method than open bidding process especially with these clowns running the government.

sandeepdg

^^ Well, I too hope so, but I don't whether any company from India will have even a design for such a vehicle as such, since our forces have never given it a though before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles