Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepdg

Why the hell they wear cap underneath helmets??? Will this give extra protection from bullets or cold or heat ?? They look like Ghoru(Jokers) with helmets over caps.
Its not that. I believe that they wear caps as part of their standard uniform, the combat helmets are just worn when they are deployed somewhere for operational purposes. Although the helmet does look a bit broad and looks kinda weird on them, but as Kunal said that helmets are uncomfortable to carry around, hence they keep their caps on even when wearing the helmets, maybe it gives relief from harsh inner surface of the helmet.

pmaitra

^^

Knee-caps - good.
Elbow-caps - good.
Baseball-caps? - gimme a break!

P.S.: I understand that Gurgaon can be hot in summer.

Last edited:

Sikh_warrior

Professional
Any know from which force these commandos are from :confused::confused:

this is second time i saw them first time if i am not mistaken when Russian PM arrived in Delhi these guys were deployed around hyderabad house in Delhi.
nice to see DP SWAT. but they are over dressed with knee and elbow pads and the body armour for the Delhi heat!

i see two different weapons.....AK and MP!

they should have similar weapons to be enable to exchange ammo!

DUH???

Last edited:

Sikh_warrior

Professional
Saya, I stay in Gurgaon and I too have seen these troopers probably somewhere around the Lutyen Area where the VIPs put up. Those guys are CISF commandos.
nice MPs and side arm, but clumsy and heavy and uncomfortable body armour, which would be a hindrance in case of flexibility.

i think they are more of show than usage!

chex3009

Country flag

this helmet is develop by DRDO.
This helmets aren't developed by DRDO instead it is developed by DFS, Gandhinagar, Gujarat for the very first time.

Look at this report from Ahmedabad Mirror

DFS to save state cops from bullets

Gujarat police will be the only force in the country to have its bullet-proof helmets and jackets tested at state's own forensic science lab; no more waiting for tests at DRDO

Gujarat police will have the unique advantage among all police force in the country to have its bullet-proof helmets and jackets tested in its own state, thanks to the Directorate of Forensic Science (DFS) in Gandhinagar, which on Tuesday became the first forensic science laboratory in the country to test bullet-proof jackets and helmets.

Uptil now, all testing of such jackets and helmets was carried out at the Terminal Ballistics Research Laboratory (TBRL) of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in Chandigarh, the only one of its kind in the country.

The state police had to wait for up to six months to get its bullet-proof equipment tested at TBRL since such material from across the country, including the defence forces, is tested there.

Three-month effort
It took the DFS three months and lakhs of rupees to set up the facility to test bullet-proof jackets and helmets. DFS already had a ballistic firing range, which was modified according to the standards of the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) at Washington DC in the US. The NIJ standard establishes minimum performance requirements and test methods for the ballistic resistance of personal body armour against gunfire.

Giving details about the facility, DFS Additional Director Dr M S Dahiya said, "We have followed international testing standards while setting up this facility to test bullet-proof jackets and helmets for the Gujarat police. Right from the time the stock is removed from the packing till the time it is tested, the entire process will be videographed to maintain transparency."

Two officers of the company providing the helmet/jacket, two police officers, besides members of the government purchase committee and two FSL experts and three observers will be present during the testing, Dahiya said.

Testing standards
For testing the helmet, firing will be carried out from five metres, while for the jacket it has been fixed at 15 metres. The conditions set for the testing are that the helmet/jacket should not break when fired at, nor should the bullet penetrate it. To check whether penetration happens, plasticine, a special material, is used as backing.

Different firing weapons — AK-47, revolver or carbine — will be used as per the requirement. The helmet will be fired at four times from different angles, while the jacket will be shot at six times to test its efficacy.

DFS Director Dr J M Vyas said, "Ours will be the first forensic science laboratory in the country to test bullet-proof equipment. There are two advantages for the state. One testing of equipment for Gujarat police will be done on priority here with no waiting period. Secondly, organisations from other states too will come here to test their equipment, thereby earning revenue for the state."

Ours will be the first forensic science lab in the country to test bullet-proof equipment. This will be beneficial to the state
—Dr J M Vyas, DFS Director

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Saya, I stay in Gurgaon and I too have seen these troopers probably somewhere around the Lutyen Area where the VIPs put up. Those guys are CISF commandos.
sandeep check this pic you can see the shoulder patch, it says DP 'SWAT'

Delhi Police SWAT

even CISF use these kind of helmet

most visible CISF commandos are at Delhi metro, i will try to get a pic of them.

Sikh_warrior

Professional
CISF commando in urban camouflage along with MP5.

this is pic taken by me in today

Shot at 2011-01-13
i cant understand as to why the weapon is tightly hugged to the body with the weapon's belt?

its a two point belt, and not a 3 point hookup!

isnt that a problem in case of a quick reaction?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
only yesterday i saw these commandos at same court where 2G case is going on, court was not in secession, very heavy police protection inside the court room with CISF commando and his MP5, it was strange to see weapons inside Court room. BTW all the big names in that scam was present in the Courtroom.

black eagle

Country flag
Any know from which force these commandos are from :confused::confused:

this is second time i saw them first time if i am not mistaken when Russian PM arrived in Delhi these guys were deployed around hyderabad house in Delhi.
Two different kind of rifles!!!! Come on this is basics. When will these guys learn that uniformity of weapons in the same team is a must. With so much weight how do these guys move??!!!!

pmaitra

Two different kind of rifles!!!! Come on this is basics. When will these guys learn that uniformity of weapons in the same team is a must. With so much weight how do these guys move??!!!!
I beg to differ.

Uniformity of rifles will help in logistics and it is a significant benefit in a large scale war.

In an urban setting and situation, like when these commandos who were guarding the Russian PM's visit, logistics is not a problem. It is almost always better to have a good contrast of short range and medium range weapons. I am pretty sure there were snipers stationed in high buildings around as well.

A combination of carbines, assault rifles and sniper rifles - nothing could be better than that!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
looks like this helmet is becoming standard for all.

check Indian army using this at Alaska exercise with US army

pyromaniac

Founding Member
Having more NSG bases set up around the country is a good start but the next move should be to get them better equipment, training and most importantly INTELLIGENCE. You cant go bursting into a hotel with a unknown number of enemies with no maps, no NVG's and no idea where they are.

Tronic

All this talk of the caps is not exactly warranted. I would have understood if the caps impeded operational functioning, but simply because they don't look "cool" isn't exactly a valid reason. I can see benefits of the caps. They can provide shade for the eyes, possibly also good aesthetically.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
looks like this helmet is becoming standard for all.

check Indian army using this at Alaska exercise with US army

Only in Alaska and in UN missions, Front troops are equipped with tin buckets and patkas..

Those Helemts are not standered issue yet..

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
They are unprofessional - fat bellied, corrupt and unhelpful - the Indian police are a remnant of the British Raj era, when Police where used to control the masses, not to help them. In the western countries, Police are polite, helpful and fit! They are also way less corrupt (no matter what you see in Hollywood movies). Wish we can have that in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles