Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
they should do something about kevlar helmet, it appears to be funny may be just too big or something, plus the BPJ is bit heavy.

Blackwater

So far i have seen Punjab and Delhi police SWAT.Any other state modernizing????

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

MP 5 with rail, good going, some is paying attention as to what we should buy.

BTW his patch says 'SWAT'.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
old news

Delhi gets SWAT commandos
Vijaita Singh, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, August 07, 2010

Delhi Police is ready with their first batch of SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics) commandos who would be deployed during the Commonwealth Games. In training for the past one year, the skills of the 25 commandos all below the age of 30 years will be put to test during the Independence Day celebration

s next week.
"We have ordered six armoured cars for our special commandos. All of them are ready to face any kind of combat situation. We would be testing them during the Independence Day celebrations," YS Dadwal, commissioner of police told Hindustan Times.

The tenders for the armoured cars were floated only last month. Besides the SWAT, Delhi Police also has 1000 commandos.

The SWAT commandos have been trained on the lines of their American counterparts in handling assault rifles, grenades and carrying equipment including heavy body armour. They were trained at National Security Guards (NSG) camp in Manesar and also by international security agencies.

"Whether spectators are there or not, we are fully geared to handle the security of the players and delegates."

"To the existing fleet of quick reaction teams we would also be adding up 121 police control room (PCR) motorcycles that would patrol around the Games venue. A situation is handled best on ground and nothing can beat human intelligence
Delhi gets SWAT commandos - Hindustan Times

Blackwater

these guys are carrying radio, just look at the second commando from the top he has got head phone and mike with wires.
I dont see this is the case. I dont see cap under helmet in Punjab SWAT. USA SWAT also don't wear caps under helmet. There must be some other reason

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Why the hell they wear cap underneath helmets??? Will this give extra protection from bullets or cold or heat ?? They look like Ghoru(Jokers) with helmets over caps.
i dont know i was thinking about the same thing, Delhi High court has Commandos protection, but these are SWAT.

BTW here the vehicle which is stationed at India Gate.

regular Delhi police commando

one can also see them at PM residence.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
these guys are carrying radio, just look at the second commando from the top he has got head phone and mike with wires.
The badge on their shirts say DP(SWAT)!!! Guess DP is doing an LA type regiment here. :D

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I dont see this is the case. I dont see cap under helmet in Punjab SWAT. USA SWAT also don't wear caps under helmet. There must be some other reason
Oh, those Delhi police commandos wear caps, if i will find those guys i will ask them, last time i asked them why they are not wearing BPJ he said it is very heavy.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Oh, those Delhi police commandos wear caps, if i will find those guys i will ask them,
In Army many wear caps, Specially over north most like Monkey caps the reason coz it is comfortable and also it helps to keep helmet tight not loose over head...

Kevlar or tin buckets, Military Helmets are not at all comfortable on long runs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles