Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
As for psychologists in Army, this is true that they are the best, in few hours they would tell more things about you than your own parents.

I know because i am SSB out, twice.
I'm not talking about those those psychologists, but about psychological war or propaganda war on the enemy mind. The whole point of doing a public exercise is to SHOW it to those who haven't seen it already, which means Indian civilians and other regional powers. Our army keeps training all throughout the year but high profile exercises like Iron Fist are done with the sole purpose of broadcasting it. That broadcasting wing has become very shoddy. Our troops are doing so well, but our broadcasting department isn't able to do do justice.

armyofhind

Country flag
This remind me of PLA, it created huge propaganda when its troops conducted an exercise in sub zero climate.

Although, Chinese just conducted an exercise whereas Indian Army deployed 24/7 365 days in -50 at altitude more than 15,000 ft since 1984.

Indian Army is one of the pioneers of High Altitude warfare in the world but unfortunately our own countrymen are unaware of it.

As for psychologists in Army, this is true that they are the best, in few hours they would tell more things about you than your own parents.

I know because i am SSB out, twice.
Things are Improving though.. but nothing on the official front.. some channels have come up with some great documentaries..
especially the INSIDE series.. from discovery.. the features they did on NDA, LOC and Siachen were brilliant.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
I'm not talking about those those psychologists, but about psychological war or propaganda war on the enemy mind. The whole point of doing a public exercise is to SHOW it to those who haven't seen it already, which means Indian civilians and other regional powers. Our army keeps training all throughout the year but high profile exercises like Iron Fist are done with the sole purpose of broadcasting it. That broadcasting wing has become very shoddy. Our troops are doing so well, but our broadcasting department isn't able to do do justice.
What makes you think IA does not know propaganda ? You me and all other members of our DFI are also part of it.

Not every propaganda is at a national level, most of it is at ground level tailored to a specific situation. Even within Kashmir there sure will multiple propaganda strategies depending on the area. Not all propaganda needs to be visible.

We cannot have the level of propaganda of China and Americans because their wars are tied in their private defence industry.

delta

Country flag
View attachment 9300

View attachment 9301

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the first pic is something that always bothers me about our equipment. we don't seem to have made much progress as far as the uniform(the right word is evading me currently) colour and patterns are concerned. sure, we've procured new designs, but they don't seem as if they'd provide much camouflage. for example, look at the overalls the soldier is wearing. the ammo jacket is starkly out of contrast with his clothes. not sure if he's going to be in jungles or deserts, either way his camouflage is fucked.

same is the case with the MARCOS. they have a digital pattern uniform which is light in colour. and they have a black BPJ/ammo jacket to wear over it which defeats the purpose.

if you look at the pics of US soldiers in afghanistan and iraq, you'd notice their gear blends decently with their surroundings. granted, they can afford it for their soldiers. but yaar kam se kam hum apne commandos ke liye to ye afford kar hi sakte hain. can someone please provide some more info on this.

aditya g

Country flag
Indian navy has commissioned INS Karn on east coast as a full fledged base for Marcos. It follows INS abhimanyu on the west which is a training establishment as well for all diving cadre personnel. I am guessing they upgraded Marcos dett east to ins karn

Rahul Khanna

the first pic is something that always bothers me about our equipment. we don't seem to have made much progress as far as the uniform(the right word is evading me currently) colour and patterns are concerned. sure, we've procured new designs, but they don't seem as if they'd provide much camouflage. for example, look at the overalls the soldier is wearing. the ammo jacket is starkly out of contrast with his clothes. not sure if he's going to be in jungles or deserts, either way his camouflage is fucked.

same is the case with the MARCOS. they have a digital pattern uniform which is light in colour. and they have a black BPJ/ammo jacket to wear over it which defeats the purpose.

if you look at the pics of US soldiers in afghanistan and iraq, you'd notice their gear blends decently with their surroundings. granted, they can afford it for their soldiers. but yaar kam se kam hum apne commandos ke liye to ye afford kar hi sakte hain. can someone please provide some more info on this.
Sorry but you are basing a judgement on partial data points. The Soldier with the grey Camo and Green Flak Jacket could be operating in a MOUT urban senario - He doesnt need Camo.

MARCOS for the most part operate at Sea / Ships - No need for Camo. When they operate in Kashmir they are wearing woodland Camo. (plenty of pictures here).

70% of the time the Army (SF) is deployed in Kashmir they are in Urban / Semi urban Ops - there is little need for Camo

If you see SF in the NE (21) or Desert (10) They are all wearing Camo appropriate for their AO.

Drawing parallel to a few USSOF pics in theater in an Active War Zone which has ONE landscape is wrong. PS I can also show you enough USSOF pictures which are exactly like the ones of the Indian SF posted above

delta

Country flag
Drawing parallel to a few USSOF pics in theater in an Active War Zone which has ONE landscape is wrong. PS I can also show you enough USSOF pictures which are exactly like the ones of the Indian SF posted above
please do, of both cases. that would be quite informative.

armyofhind

Country flag
^^ Can you give more details. Scope? Participants?
Not much known at this point.. a report came out stating that Indian Army is hosting the first ever Multinational special forces exercise in October..
and Australians have been invited by COAS.

I guess US SOF is a given. Australians too if they choose to participate.

Berkut

Country flag
@Bornubus and other forum members any suggestions on where you can get cool SF merchandise ?
I haven't seen anything Indian SF or Military related merchandise like you find US Military, IDF or for that matter French Legionary related merchandise online.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
@Bornubus and other forum members any suggestions on where you can get cool SF merchandise ?
I haven't seen anything Indian SF or Military related merchandise like you find US Military, IDF or for that matter French Legionary related merchandise online.
Www.oliveplanet.in

This is a Bangalore based site, owned by an ex-army man. He does bring cool stuff from time to time.

aditya g

Country flag
Read the link for more...

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/a-sh...est-how-a-navy-officer-defeated-death-1432239

In 2000, Varun, then a young officer in the Navy, was posted in the Wullar Lake area in Kashmir with a detachment of highly trained marine commandos trained to operate in the marine environment. Known as the 'Dhaadi Wali Fauj' in Kashmir since they were allowed to keep their beards, the MARCOS had a primary mission - block the infiltration of terrorists through the lake at any cost.

"It was May, 2000 and infiltration from Pakistan had just started. There was a village called Puttushahi near Bandipora where 3 hardcore Al-Badr terrorists had been holed up in a house," he said.

Varun had been deployed on an early morning mission elsewhere but had no intention of letting go of any opportunity to take on terrorists and asked his Commanding Officer for permission to be deployed.....

shooter007

Senior members, I heard that the PARA(SF) uses MINIMI 7.62mm. Clarify that, please...
upload_2016-7-18_6-2-30.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles