Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Country flag
It's just a pic they posed for brother..
possibly to show the various kit they operate in for different operational scenarios.
Wow... That's unheard till now. May be a good PR ad should should be made with them to make people aware.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

hardip

hard to say. dude.. this is Indian..
it's 50-50
because NSG never shaw.. position work like this shield..
in any Mock drill.. also in any Operation.. !

this is western style.. Opp.

armyofhind

Country flag
they
it's 50-50

could've upgraded their tactics.. especially in light of recent encounters.. the Op in which we lost Capt Pawan Kumar highlighted the need for ballistic Shields.

And FBI HRT, SWAT, GIGN, GSG9, and more recently Spetsnaz have started using them.. So I guess NSG should too.

abingdonboy

Country flag
NSG seen with Ballistic shields.. could anyone please confirm??
it's 50-50

they

could've upgraded their tactics.. especially in light of recent encounters.. the Op in which we lost Capt Pawan Kumar highlighted the need for ballistic Shields.

And FBI HRT, SWAT, GIGN, GSG9, and more recently Spetsnaz have started using them.. So I guess NSG should too.
SAS (CT SQN), GSG9, FBI HRT, Delta force/CAG and NSG do not use such sheilds ordinarily, it is not a question about "upgrading tactics" but about operational mantra. The NSG's (and others) is about speed, surprise and violence of action and thus sheild work is not their SOP like it is for other CT units like the GIGN who seem to favour a slower, more methodical approach that clearly exposes them to a greater risk of counter attack and entrenching the enemy and hence the need to have the greatest amount of protection possible ( the GIGN operators are effectively one man tanks). That doesn't mean those units favouring swifter operations don't have sheilds in their armoury to be used in certain situations if so required. I've said it for a long time that the NSG have these sheilds but you don't seem them demonstrate with them much because it is not really in their playbook. They are all about speed and surprise.

There are just different schools of thought at here, there isn't a "right or wrong".

armyofhind

Country flag
SAS (CT SQN), GSG9, FBI HRT, Delta force/CAG and NSG do not use such sheilds ordinarily, it is not a question about "upgrading tactics" but about operational mantra. The NSG's (and others) is about speed, surprise and violence of action and thus sheild work is not their SOP like it is for other CT units like the GIGN who seem to favour a slower, more methodical approach that clearly exposes them to a greater risk of counter attack and entrenching the enemy and hence the need to have the greatest amount of protection possible ( the GIGN operators are effectively one man tanks). That doesn't mean those units favouring swifter operations don't have sheilds in their armoury to be used in certain situations if so required. I've said it for a long time that the NSG have these sheilds but you don't seem them demonstrate with them much because it is not really in their playbook. They are all about speed and surprise.

There are just different schools of thought at here, there isn't a "right or wrong".
Different approaches to different situations I suppose.

In an assault on an isolated building.. like that recent Op in Kashmir on the government building.. an attack on that structure is ideally supposed to come from multiple directions..
assault ladders on vehicles like the Sherpa.. fast roping on the roof..
But I suppose one team would be going in through the main entrance.. THAT'S where a shield will come into its own in negotiating the "tunnel of death".
also, in negotiating corridors with rooms at the end which need to be cleared.. but I suppose a Cornershot type weapon would also really effective there.
I guess there's a limit to the effectiveness of a flashbang in a long corridor.

EliteFoxtrot

True that @Bornubus.... interesting thing was that we were in town away from any visible military installations and clicking away.
The guy definitely was not a civilian. I can't put my finger on it but he didn't have your typical military bearing either....
Maybe I just met an elusive SFF operative!!! Came in from the crowd,, got us to delete the pics and vanished into the crowd with complete ease even before we could understand what just happened!!!!
Pretty Interesting incident that was..

EliteFoxtrot

Captain Pawan lost his life when he get hit by the bullet on the left side of his underarms, shield and BPJ have no utility over there, he got hit by the bullets coming from door edge, he was an unfortunate soldier cause two operatives already entered the room, he was the third one..

armyofhind

Country flag
it could be that having a shield in front of him mightve saved his life... although nothing can be said for certain

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Even Marcos wear such ethnic wear in Kashmir to blend in.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk
Haha that's not kashmiri attire but a Pashtun. During 90s there were thousands of Afghans/Pashtuns active in the valley.

That operator is wearing a Pashtun topi and Pathan salwar kameez. Kashmiris wear Pheran.

But present day terrorist are adaptive and wear Army dress and even Patka.

Also both terrorist and RR use the same Variant of AK with Side folding butt.

Modern day Jihadis, Notice the Patka in the back

13308202_1546160289022951_5842779337448126524_o.jpg

Even our SF discarded Pheran, kurta pajama long ago, now its mostly Ts jeans etc

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Captain Pawan lost his life when he get hit by the bullet on the left side of his underarms, shield and BPJ have no utility over there, he got hit by the bullets coming from door edge, he was an unfortunate soldier cause two operatives already entered the room, he was the third one..
That's new ! I've seen the pics of late Capt Pawan's body when he was being evacuated.He was from Father's regiment but later joined para SF.

I though it was grenade as his legs right up to the knee had several shrapnel wounds.

EliteFoxtrot

That's new ! I've seen the pics of late Capt Pawan's body when he was being evacuated.He was from Father's regiment but later joined para SF.

I though it was grenade as his legs right up to the knee had several shrapnel wounds.
See thats him in MH, we lost this brave man on the gate of MH :(

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

abingdonboy

Country flag
In these operations no military SF units use ballistic sheilds. Despite being trained in room intervention the PARA (SF) are not dedicated CQB/Hostage rescue operators. For that you will have to look to the NSG or SG.

The PARA (SF) can be compared to the US Army SF (Green Berets) or French Paras who don't used ballastic sheilds. Once again, these units are trained for maxium surprise, swiftness and to use overwhelming firepower. A ballastic sheild in that situation would simply slow them down and considering they are almost always on the receiving end of grenades and 7.62mm fire these light weight sheilds would offer pretty negligable protection.

Rahul Khanna

@abingdonboy SAS, ST6, Delta are Military Counter Terror units.
GSG-9, FBI HRT, NSG, GIGN are civilian CT/HRT units. 2 different mandates all together. By the way. FBI HRT, GSG-9 all use ballistic shields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles