Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Why are these guys watching each other? Mutual admiration is not situational awareness!
They aren't to discuss something? This is a solitary moment for just 2 of the team members literally a snapshot of them. You can't deduce that all they do is look lovingly into each other's eyes because of ONE picture can you?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
They aren't to discuss something? This is a solitary moment for just 2 of the team members literally a snapshot of them. You can't deduce that all they do is look lovingly into each other's eyes because of ONE picture can you?
Actually I think they were posed by the photographer, who I imagine has no idea how CT tactics work. The photog probably was just previously at a fashion show. :rolleyes:

ghost

Can you please provide details on the Helmet they are using?
It is russsian special forces ballistic helmet ZSH-1

used by spetsnaaz ALPHA group

ZSh-1 is a newer version of Maska-1Sch, which has been widely used by Russian troops and special forces in mid 90s. Unlike the all-steel Maska, ZSh-1 is made of aramid-based composit & protects the area of 14.5dm2 from all sorts of explosion fragments (upto 6.3mm diametre & 1.1g in weight at 500m/s) as well as 9mm Makarov bullets at 5m distace (Russian protection level - 1) . It comes in two basic adjustable sizes: 52-60 (S-L) and 58-64 (M-XL) in three colours: mil green, black and Urban camo. It can also be supplied with PRR-ready wiring & microphone and optional fragment-proof visor

Operating temperature
-40'C / +40'C
Area of protection, dm2
Weight, kg
1.5 (1.8 W/visor)
Russian Protection Level, class

Last edited:

Glint

Country flag
It is russsian special forces ballistic helmet ZSH-1

ZSh-1 is a newer version of Maska-1Sch, which has been widely used by Russian troops and special forces in mid 90s. Unlike the all-steel Maska, ZSh-1 is made of aramid-based composit & protects the area of 14.5dm2 from all sorts of explosion fragments (upto 6.3mm diametre & 1.1g in weight at 500m/s) as well as 9mm Makarov bullets at 5m distace (Russian protection level - 1) . It comes in two basic adjustable sizes: 52-60 (S-L) and 58-64 (M-XL) in three colours: mil green, black and Urban camo. It can also be supplied with PRR-ready wiring & microphone and optional fragment-proof visor

They should make it the standard Infantry helmet. India needs good helmets like these which would provide protection to ears too. I personally like these helmets more then the SF Para ones.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Probably from his own pocket, Never saw these before, Probably a MICH or PASGT from outside with permission ..

PARA SF officer was wearing and only him, Can provide protection of level 3 that is only pistol rounds ..

Terrorist nor Enemy solider use pistols as their main firearm ..

=================

New generation are more lighter yet provide more protection, Now it can save a solider from 7.62 NATO ..

New helmet of PARA (SF)?

Pic from a vid of an encounter in JK.
@Kunal Biswas any info?

Last edited by a moderator:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Probably from his own pocket, Never saw these before, Probably a MICH or PASGT from outside with permission ..

PARA SF officer was wearing and only him, Can provide protection of level 3 that is only pistol rounds ..

Terrorist nor Enemy solider use pistols as their main firearm ..

=================

New generation are more lighter yet provide more protection, Now it can save a solider from 7.62 NATO ..
Its now the standard issue

50th PARA brigade with 82nd airborne

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Thanks for sharing ..

Well if they believe its better than it is ..

ghost

Its now the standard issue

50th PARA brigade with 82nd airborne
These are american helmets ,which were provided to indian contigent which has gone there for exercise. Along with helmets, assault rifle, knee and elbow pad were also provided by Americans,this is common norm.

Regarding fast helmet i don't think that is from his own pocket,I have noticed that in Indian forces new things first make it to the officers, then to the subordinates,eg new camo,new vest are few things, which were seen first on officers then on soldiers.Plus it might be under trials so have been handed to select few officers to test it.(i may be wrong but then i may be right)

The main purpose of helmet is to provide security from fragmentation ,bullets are secondary plus these helmets have been adopted right from Russian to German ,American to British and all the other major special forces(do not know about Chinese)so there must be something ,which
has made it favorite among special forces world over.

And on personal note, I think patka are just economical solution but not good as they leave whole top of ur head exposed.When there is a grenade blast the common tendency is to duck ur head,and this will leave top of ur head exposed to fragments plus no additional accessories, which will be quite common in future can be mounted over it.

Last edited:

Immanuel

Country flag
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles