Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Desert Scorpions > 10th PARA SF ..

===================
===================
===================
===================

They should mount some heavy loads on those ATVs ..

Such small and Fast Vehicle with such heavy weapon is clearly an advantage for support fire and in ambushes ..

sayareakd

Country flag
Desert Scorpions > 10th PARA SF ..

===================
===================
===================
===================

They should mount some heavy loads on those ATVs ..

Such small and Fast Vehicle with such heavy weapon is clearly an advantage for support fire and in ambushes ..

sir posted it yesterday on this thread. I thought we can discuss about this in new thread not only for Special forces but also for regular soldiers.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-vehicle-used-exercise-indra-indian-army.html

boris

Country flag
@KunalBiswas

I see a new sniper rifle in the hands of the SF in this exercise, saw a similar one in another photo where the sniper is wearing a ghillie suit. Can you ID the rifle,?It's not a dragunov because the magazine and buttstock look different.

Is it a Vintorez?

Last edited by a moderator:

abingdonboy

Country flag
@KunalBiswas

I see a new sniper rifle in the hands of the SF in this exercise, saw a similar one in another photo where the sniper is wearing a ghillie suit. Can you ID the rifle,?It's not a dragunov because the magazine and buttstock look different.

Is it a Vintorez?

Two points, looks just like a modenised Drugnov with an improved butt stock and ploymor body/stock. And are we sure this is Indian SF? Could be Russian Army.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Just the 10th para SF ..
No sir, for all PARA (SF) btns and apparently even the 5th,6th and 7th btns (Non-SF). Got this from an ex-PARA.

Makes no sense to give only certain btns certain upgrades as the days of specilistion of the SF btns is over, now all SF btns are cross-trained and competent in all forms of combat and training and eauipment are standardised. Any new kit coming into a SF btn will at some point reach all SF btns.

boris

Country flag
Two points, looks just like a modenised Drugnov with an improved butt stock and ploymor body/stock. And are we sure this is Indian SF? Could be Russian Army.
I am having the same doubts too, never seen any Indian sniper utilizing a mask as part of the camo.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Its SVDK,thee same ones used by MARCOS during TAJ encounter

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Indian Sniper from 10th PARA SF during EX-Sudershan Shakti >>

1. Pattern and Material of the Gilli suit.
2. No Mast over face, But the Gilli suit.
3. Weapon completely camouflaged.
4. No Gloves but Khaki patti better matched with overall camouflaged suit.
5. No Sling for Rifle.
6. Sniper Rifle > Mordanised / Wooden SVD

============================
============================

Russian Sniper >>

1. Pattern and Material of the Gilli suit.
2. Black Mast over face
3. Weapon Semi camouflaged.
4. Dark Gloves.
5. Sling for Rifle.
6. Sniper Rifle > SVDK

mikhail

Country flag
@Kunal Biswas sir,i just found out these photos being posted in the Facebook by an I.A. fan's club and the strange thing is that they are saying that these are from the Exercise Indra 2013 but the camouflage worn by the soldiers here is A.C.U.(adaptive Combat Uniform) which is not in use in both Indian and Russian Armies.so please help:-

JBH22

The Training and Technology Needs of the National Security Guards (NSG)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
These are worn by our SF ..

Our SF moving more towards digital camo ..

@Kunal Biswas sir,i just found out these photos being posted in the Facebook by an I.A. fan's club and the strange thing is that they are saying that these are from the Exercise Indra 2013 but the camouflage worn by the soldiers here is A.C.U.(adaptive Combat Uniform) which is not in use in both Indian and Russian Armies.so please help:-

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Its SVDK,thee same ones used by MARCOS during TAJ encounter
Sorry my mistake ,the weapoon in thee hand of MARCOS is not SVDK but SVDS.And the one in the hand of the sniper in guilie suit is SVDK.Even though both has folding stock booth chamber different ammo.magazine of SVDK is of more big size than regular SVDs.
So we could assume that the sniper in gullie suit is of Russian army

Status
Not open for further replies.