Indian Police Force

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Delhi Police SWAT

Their SWAT team uniforms in India leave much to be desired, especially considering they represent the national capital. Appearance matters, especially in a city like Delhi where countless visitors from outside the country come, form their first impressions. While the current attire is an improvement from the bright blue ones, there's still room for lot of enhancement.

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
Why can't civilians
join the search and hunt them down??
Even Indian police can't handle these terrorists, let alone civilians. Given the state of our police, their fitness levels and how poorly they're trained, I'm sure a single intruder armed with AK can take down an entire police station in our country with the exception of maybe JKP

Paramilitary units deployed in non-conflict zones also suffer with similar issues.

Country flag
Even Indian police can't handle these terrorists, let alone civilians. Given the state of our police, their fitness levels and how poorly they're trained, I'm sure a single intruder armed with AK can take down an entire police station in our country with the exception of maybe JKP

for decades the same pathetic story. Seems even after thousands of years of invasions
Indian don't know how to defend themselves.

Kumaoni

Paramilitary units deployed in non-conflict zones also suffer with similar issues.

Disagree. Special cell at least has been competent in eliminating terrorists and arresting themZ

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

don't just demean them for the sake of an argument on internet. naxals, punjab insurgency and many other groups at various points in time. police have dealt with them just fine. they deal with it as per threat perception of their jurisdiction.

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
don't just demean them for the sake of an argument on internet. naxals, punjab insurgency and many other groups at various points in time. police have dealt with them just fine. they deal with it as per threat perception of their jurisdiction.
I'm referring to an average state police that you see in cities n towns, not those assigned to deal with a specific threat or belonging to a special cell. If you think otherwise, I can only pity your ignorance

Kumaoni

I'm referring to an average state police that you see in cities n towns, not those assigned to deal with a specific threat or belonging to a special cell. If you think otherwise, I can only pity your ignorance
Regular police nowhere are equipped or trained to take down militants and insurgents.

AnantS

Country flag
To be frank , Punjab Police got trained by Army. Their pathetic state before Army came - was talk of the town. At the first sight of tangos, there were instances they simply left their post , even their weapons. Let's just say when Paramilitary and Army got deployed in state, police force was pulled into shape by former.

WolfPack86

Country flag

Tamil Nadu Police Commando Force received new IWI X95-S SMG First unit in India to use 9mm variant of X95 with integrated suppressor and 11 inch barrel. Regular X95 - 13 inch C TAR 21 - 15 inch TAR 21 - 18.1 inch * Note - Zittara never entered production.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Police’s primary duty is law snd order maintenance snd crime control not firefighting.For that there are commando units.Its not at all easy to commit to a police station job .So getting fluent in gun slinging is impossible for the local station troops.

AnantS

Country flag
Police’s primary duty is law snd order maintenance snd crime control not firefighting.For that there are commando units.Its not at all easy to commit to a police station job .So getting fluent in gun slinging is impossible for the local station troops.
Alby, sill question though but with the news of mobs attacking stations, why does police not get self defence rights and does police not use Video Graphy to pin point attcjers or as an evidence ..there was attack. Recent Assam CM alluded to how mobs attached police station. I wonder why polis does not defend themselves especially when situations like ECC is there (this was specifically mentioned by Assam CM)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles