Indian nuclear submarines

right wing

Country flag
so the baby is out again,iit will now go fr missile integration tests,me thinks.After all,sea trials hav already happend before.As said earlier,from its fine silloheute,its a job well done than those jins,and as again ,navy is playing with specifications

right wing

Country flag
However navy has never given us any specification,they never said a word about its tonnage or silos,all we saw of 6000tonnes etc etc were from our famed journos copying from half baked decade old drdo presentations.The same sources from toi,bs n hindu,who predicted ins kolkata to be 6700 tonnes,n barak 2 to be in mid stages as recently as in nov,only to be stunnd by its launch.

right wing

Country flag
Media guys dont get it that titanium 1.5 hulled goods cant be as light at 6000 tonnes,only steel hulled rubis vessels can get it done.Neither we nor our bear friends can make steel,they gave us titanium.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Media guys dont get it that titanium 1.5 hulled goods cant be as light at 6000 tonnes,only steel hulled rubis vessels can get it done.Neither we nor our bear friends can make steel,they gave us titanium.
6000 tonnes is the "displacement" of INS Arihant.

Illusive

Country flag
Wow, its like inviting enemies to snoop. These things are supposed to be done quietly. Whats the point of building billion dollars submarines when you tell them when its leaving shores.

Bheeshma

There will be a welcoming party in BoB to welcome the snoopers. Arihant does look very good unlike the double deckers PLAN is building. I am hoping for a K-4/5 test from them soon.

right wing

Country flag
so what did u think i was talking about ??? u cant get a titanium double hulled boat done with only 6000 tonnes displacement..wud need anti gravity machines inside...

right wing

Country flag
6000 tonnes is the "displacement" of INS Arihant.
so what do u think i was talking about...u cant hav a titanium double hulled boat with only 6000 tonnes displacement...n this entire 6000 tonne story was made up by an us arms control group whom media is quoting blindly,without no sense.Navy has not yet released any details of the boomer,but this is a titanium one,cause we r not in mastery of steel nor our bear bros

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
I doubt sea trials has just started. Its all BS. Most probably it was just a "media" event to announce the "arrival.

I mean which navy announces the date of sea trial so that other nations ready their snooping equipment in place? Remember how Vicky passed very neatly for NATO buoys ?

anoop_mig25

Country flag
I doubt sea trials has just started. Its all BS. Most probably it was just a "media" event to announce the "arrival.

I mean which navy announces the date of sea trial so that other nations ready their snooping equipment in place? Remember how Vicky passed very neatly for NATO buoys ?
so what do u think has sea trail completed or its still waiting or was in progress

Bheeshma

The real sea trials must long be over. The next important milestone will be the K4/5 launch. IN has been very cautious and not released any information or pics of the silo area. I am beginning to doubt the 4 silo description that DRDO has been peddling.

Ray

The Chairman
Arihant sails out of harbour

December 16, 2014

In a major step in validation of indigenous defence technologies, the Indian built nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine Arihant completed its harbour trials and entered the sea here on Monday.

Built under the highly secretive Advanced Technology Vessel project monitored directly by the Prime Minister's Office, the nuclear-powered submarine emerged from the breakwaters of the Visakhapatnam Harbour under the watchful gaze of a low flying helicopter. The 112 metre, 6000 tonne partially submerged Arihant glided into the Bay of Bengal as part of its sea trials, sailing north along the coast before disappearing into the mist.

The event coincided with the maiden visit to the city of Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar. The Minister was also briefed by the officials of the Eastern Naval Command.
Arihant sails out of harbour - The Hindu

Ray

The Chairman
The real sea trials must long be over. The next important milestone will be the K4/5 launch. IN has been very cautious and not released any information or pics of the silo area. I am beginning to doubt the 4 silo description that DRDO has been peddling.
The Harbour Acceptance Trials were over and now the Sea Acceptance Trials (SATs) have started.

The submarine will first undertake several surface sorties before it dives for a full range of underwater sorties. The SATs will also include test-firing of its K-15 ballistic missiles (750km range), which has so far been tested only from submersible pontoons around a dozen times.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Arihant induction in a year: Parrikar

India's first nuclear submarine, INS Arihant, which set out to the sea for trials in Visakhapatnam on Monday, will be ready for induction in about a year, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said in New Delhi on Tuesday. On speculations that India was negotiating the lease of a second nuclear submarine with Russia, he indicated that India was interested in getting another nuclear submarine for training purposes. India had earlier acquired INS Chakra, an Akula class nuclear attack submarine, from Russia in 2012 on a 10-year lease. It has been an important platform for training personnel in handling India's own nuclear submarines in future. Expressing confidence in the country's ability to tackle crises situations like the Sydney Hostage episode, Mr. Parrikar said India's preparedness has definitely improved. Asked about the nation's preparedness in the wake of the hostage situation in Sydney, he said: "I think we are improving and definitely much better than probably what we were in the earlier years. So, ultimately it comes with situation, each situation differs. But I think we are quite well prepared," he told reporters. Earlier, he paid homage at the Amar Jawan Jyoti here on the occasion of Vijay Diwas, commemorating the Liberation war of Bangladesh in 1971.
Arihant induction in a year: Parrikar - The Hindu

Articles