Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Blood+

Country flag
Sa'ar 6 :
Displacement: 1,900 long tons (and weapons coming out of the wazoo)
Range: 4,000 nmi

Nilgiri :
Displacement: 6,560 long tons
Range: 5,500 nmi

Need I say any more??

NutCracker

Country flag
Sa'ar 6 :
Displacement: 1,900 long tons (and weapons coming out of the wazoo)
Range: 4,000 nmi

Nilgiri :
Displacement: 6,560 long tons
Range: 5,500 nmi

Need I say any more??
Bhaisab khule samudra me Daana Pani lagta hai.
Israeli ship ain't even entering Mediterranean or Arabian sea for 1% of it's lifespan.

Blood+

Country flag
Bhaisab khule samudra me Daana Pani lagta hai.
Israeli ship ain't even entering Mediterranean or Arabian sea for 1% of it's lifespan.
Use more automation like normal people do. Anyway, the endurance is not all that much different, so that argument doesn't really hold any amount of water, especially given the sheer difference in size of the two!!

Azaad

Country flag
Use more automation like normal people do. Anyway, the endurance is not all that much different, so that argument doesn't really hold any amount of water, especially given the sheer difference in size of the two!!
After observing this phenomena for far too long & giving this much thought , let me confess I'm not convinced of the figures in terms of the armaments put forth by the IN .

Not only are we hiding information , we're also creating a lot of floor space for future upgradation like for instance our Destroyers will be armed not just with the XR range of SAMs but also the AD-1/AD-2 series.

Blood+

Country flag
After observing this phenomena for far too long & giving this much thought , let me confess I'm not convinced of the figures in terms of the armaments put forth by the IN .

Not only are we hiding information , we're also creating a lot of floor space for future upgradation like for instance our Destroyers will be armed not just with the XR range of SAMs but also the AD-1/AD-2 series.
I just hope with all my sincerity that you're right.

rohit b3

Country flag
Saar is extremely heavily equipped and impressive.

But lets compare Nilgiri with Frigates of comparable size like FREMM or Iver Huitfeld. Nilgiri is much better equipped than FREMM and in comparable scale compared to Iver Huitfeld.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Were probably getting Spanish development of Scorpene, the S-80 Plus Class as P-75i, but what of our own Super Kalvari? Have been seeing this design on & off since 2017-18!

Now we're supposed to be acquiring 3 more Sip powered Kalvari Class follow-on order.
Scorpene-3000.jpg

Such a huge ass ship and yet such a pathetic assortment of armaments, shameful. Sale kuch sikho Israeli-o se.
I was once told that it is adequate... 3-Tonne each Brahmos is quality over quantity & 16 Brahmos is space equivalent of (4×16) 64 LRSAMs in UVLS due to size differences, so yu can pack smaller missiles denser in normal VLS.
More missiles render the ship vulnerable to catastrophic explosions on ammo hits, containers offer only so much protection. After Moskva I believe that to be true.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Were probably getting Spanish development of Scorpene, the S-80 Plus Class as P-75i, but what of our own Super Kalvari? Have been seeing this design on & off since 2017-18!

Now we're supposed to be acquiring 3 more Sip powered Kalvari Class follow-on order.
View attachment 259251

I was once told that it is adequate... 3-Tonne each Brahmos is quality over quantity & 16 Brahmos is space equivalent of (4×16) 64 LRSAMs in UVLS due to size differences, so yu can pack smaller missiles denser in normal VLS.
More missiles render the ship vulnerable to catastrophic explosions on ammo hits, containers offer only so much protection. After Moskva I believe that to be true.
Bhai yaha pe forum band hone ko ja raha hai
Apko abhi bhi discussion karna hai
Apke dedication ko mera pranam

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles