Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Then why don't you quit the forum? I am only saying that the SSBNs which are small and can't carry large number of ICBMs are practically useless. This is in context of Arihant class subs. Nothing wrong in trying assess with high certainty whether Arihant is a SSN or not by going through all possible angles.
these are ssgn and k-15 but first answer how many k15 do arihant and s4 can fire

NutCracker

Country flag
Then why don't you quit the forum? I am only saying that the SSBNs which are small and can't carry large number of ICBMs are practically useless. This is in context of Arihant class subs. Nothing wrong in trying assess with high certainty whether Arihant is a SSN or not by going through all possible angles.
Subs with less VLS can be there for Porkies and to train the sailors for upcoming SSBNs and SSNs. We need to train hundreds of sailors. For which we dont have to order Akula anymore.

You are making mountain out of molehill with your tunnel vision.

shade

Country flag
Y'all nibbiars think we should go with the German sub from a purely geopoliteeks perspective, not technical?
The sub they're offering has been exported to 4 countries, the Spanish one is only in Spain.

However the krauts are a poodle of Uncle Sam so this subs deal may be another way to get a leash on us.

OTOH the bratwurst enjoyers will do mujra for a few $$$ so we can have them as a slave like how the Turks(defence) and Chings(economy) do

Spaniards are meanwhile offering PHULLL TOT TRANSFER SAAAAR Altho their tech is Ethanol based and not hydrogen fuel cells like the Germans

mamamia12

Y'all nibbiars think we should go with the German sub from a purely geopoliteeks perspective, not technical?
The sub they're offering has been exported to 4 countries, the Spanish one is only in Spain.

However the krauts are a poodle of Uncle Sam so this subs deal may be another way to get a leash on us.

OTOH the bratwurst enjoyers will do mujra for a few $$$ so we can have them as a slave like how the Turks(defence) and Chings(economy) do

Spaniards are meanwhile offering PHULLL TOT TRANSFER SAAAAR Altho their tech is Ethanol based and not hydrogen fuel cells like the Germans
It makes me think what changed? I mean Germany has Chinese 2 inch cock deep into its ass. Why would they offer it in first place?

shade

Country flag
It makes me think what changed? I mean Germany has Chinese 2 inch cock deep into its ass. Why would they offer it in first place?
I can't say whether this is Uncle Sam's bait or German greed.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
I can't say whether this is Uncle Sam's bait or German greed.
none of the above
s80 comes with very much of american things so either we buy the s80 or 212 the leash would be there none the less but i thing india is a little to big now to be controlled by leash americans cant afford to sanction india which would be basically giving china the clean chit to capture taiwan

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Why did we back of from Russia Amur 650/9XX series offer with DRDO AIP? Should have kept it to balance instead of facing single bidder conundrum. Amur subs are not that bad they’re based on kilo class subs which we already have experience operating and are significantly cheaper. Instead of going with all new variant of German or Spain should re negotiate with France naval group for smx 2.0 subs which are extended scorpene with AIP

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Why did we back of from Russia Amur 650/9XX series offer with DRDO AIP? Should have kept it to balance instead of facing single bidder conundrum. Amur subs are not that bad they’re based on kilo class subs which we already have experience operating and are significantly cheaper. Instead of going with all new variant of German or Spain should re negotiate with France naval group for smx 2.0 subs which are extended scorpene with AIP
probably cause no boates have been built and india primarily wanted a proven aip to compare the efficiency of drdo aip also with russia dont expect any world class tech to be offered only advantage is they are cheap they are abundant but i think its better to invest in p-76 once the drdo aip has proven its worth

binayak95

Country flag
Just go to Japan and get their Li ion batteries. That'll make the sub as expensive as an SSBN (almost) but maybe the Japs can fork out a contain PLAN in peace sink PLAN in war loan.
none of the above
s80 comes with very much of american things so either we buy the s80 or 212 the leash would be there none the less but i thing india is a little to big now to be controlled by leash americans cant afford to sanction india which would be basically giving china the clean chit to capture taiwan

binayak95

Country flag
Paper pe toh Su57 bhi sexy hai.

But paper toh AMCA bhi hai.
Same concept here.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Just go to Japan and get their Li ion batteries. That'll make the sub as expensive as an SSBN (almost) but maybe the Japs can fork out a contain PLAN in peace sink PLAN in war loan.
japs have a tight navy to guard the shores pla cant take a fight right now but with their cbg under construction japs are in for a tough time ahead
ps japs does have some critical tech too even usa shares critical tech to them in exchange of japan's tech and well we dont know what the soryu's capabilities are too

mamamia12

All this talks about getting things from Japan won't materialize. Its a waste of time to engage them Militarily in defense procurements.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag

Is it export variant of Lada class right?

It did not met the expectation of Russian Navy and the project stopped.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles