Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

johnj

Thus the IN's urgency in acquiring MQ9B Sea Guardians
The first and foremost defence against a rerun of Op Python and Op Trident on Indian bases is intelligence.

thus the IN's mission ready deployments, the IOR IFC in Delhi and the near constant presence of some or the other LRMR aircraft on both seaboards.

Not to mention the whole gamut of ELINT/IMGINT/SIGINT stuff that keeps an eagle eye on all vessels in IOR.

They say that no sooner does a commodore sneeze in Karachi, then the IN has his prescription
Its a hypothetical question, also considering failure in Intelligence ie ELINT/IMGINT/SIGINT stuff, - sneaking.
MQ9B help of avoid such gap.
I'm considering IN MPAs is capable of detecting PN small vessel.
Considering the range of barbur 900km, I'm hoping IN vessel is capable of intercepting missile in its way.
Q. MQ9B Sea Guardians comes with weapons or not ??

NutCracker

Country flag
Its a hypothetical question, also considering failure in Intelligence ie ELINT/IMGINT/SIGINT stuff, - sneaking.
Considering the range of barbur 900km, I'm hoping IN vessel is capable of intercepting missile in its way.
No effective armament for Navy in Sea guardian.
Either our vessels should exist nearby or SU30 slinging single Brahmos are the most viable option .

i think at least 100 su 30 should be capable of doing so, untill we develop lighter brahmos, 2 of which can be carried by MKI.

binayak95

Country flag
IN P8Is can read the name off a fishing kayak.
Of course its sensors will pick up an armed vessel.

And yeas, MQ9Bs will likely come with Hellfires.

binayak95

Country flag
Either our vessels should exist nearby or SU30 slinging single Brahmos are the most viable option .

i think at least 100 su 30 should be capable of doing so, untill we develop lighter brahmos, 2 of which can be carried by MKI.
A Brahmos for a 500 tonne missile boat?
Like killing a wasp with a flamethrower.

NutCracker

Country flag
True. What I said was based on the assumption that Azmat class might have some kind of AD, but looks like they have nothing much apart from CIWS .

So I'm retracting this comment and,

against these boats MQ9B can get close to the boat and drop some hellfires without being shot down.

Defcon 1

Country flag
The first and foremost defence against a rerun of Op Python and Op Trident on Indian bases is intelligence.

thus the IN's mission ready deployments, the IOR IFC in Delhi and the near constant presence of some or the other LRMR aircraft on both seaboards.

Not to mention the whole gamut of ELINT/IMGINT/SIGINT stuff that keeps an eagle eye on all vessels in IOR.

They say that no sooner does a commodore sneeze in Karachi, then the IN has his prescription
This is bragging.

There was intelligence failure during Swift Retort. Its public knowledge.

I know IN is not IAF, but still.

johnj

I don't why when some on says ant ship missiles every one conclude its brahmos .

If I'm correct IN uses harpoon, Kh31, Kh 35 AShM, can you plez give a list of current AshM air launched and EO AGM of IAF and IN.

binayak95

Country flag
I don't why when some on says ant ship missiles every one conclude its brahmos .

If I'm correct IN uses harpoon, Kh31, Kh 35 AShM, can you plez give a list of current AshM air launched and EO AGM of IAF and IN.
Harpoon, Exocet, Kh 31, Kh 35, SSN 25, Rampage, Klub, Brahmos. Some SSN2s and Sea Eagles for PMFs

EDIT: Hellfires as a sort of anti ground missile since its available in stock and the MH60R can deploy it

Defcon 1

Country flag
Of course its bragging - you expect me to post hard factual facts about the nation's INT and ready state on an open forum?
I am not asking for hard facts.

I am simply saying that there is no way to verify how good Navy's intelligence is, even by you, in possession of all the secret facts.

Navy hasn't seen war in over 50 years. They didn't participate in Meghdoot, kargil, any surgical strikes or LOC flare ups. While successes and failures of IA and IAF are available in public domain, nobody knows how this great IN intelligence will perform in wartime. Nobody knows if PN Commodore's prescription that IN got is the real prescription or some lie fed to us.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag

I am simply saying that there is no way to verify how good Navy's intelligence is, even by you, in possession of all the secret facts.

Navy hasn't seen war in over 50 years. They didn't participate in Meghdoot, kargil, any surgical strikes or LOC flare ups. While successes and failures of IA and IAF are available in public domain, nobody knows how this great IN intelligence will perform in wartime. Nobody knows if PN Commodore's prescription that IN got is the real prescription or some lie fed to us.
The navy has long been having cat and mouse games in tracking hostiles and Arabian sea ain't the Pacific ocean.pak navy will stick to the coast in any con flict.i would fear more about sea drones than azmat class in most scenarios

Defcon 1

Country flag
The navy has long been having cat and mouse games with subs and Arabian sea ain't the Pacific ocean.pak navy will stick to the coast in any con flict.i would fear more about sea drones than azmat class in most scenarios
Range of drone launched missiles is not as great as ship launched missiles. Range of drones itself is not as great as ships. Ships are the primary threat in my opinion.

Azaad

Country flag
Aren't upcoming iterations of the Rudram series due for an AShm role apart from their primary role as an ARM ?

Aniruddha Mulay

Aren't upcoming iterations of the Rudram series due for an AShm role apart from their primary role as an ARM ?
Rudram series would be used for SEAD/DEAD and land attack roles, don't see them being used for anti-ship roles.
Yeah, but with a change in the seeker assembly they very well can be.

Azaad

Country flag
Rudram series would be used for SEAD/DEAD and land attack roles, don't see them being used for anti-ship roles.
Yeah, but with a change in the seeker assembly they very well can be.
Has to be . Brahmos can't be used for every target plus the emphasis now would & should be on developing equivalent or like local solutions.

binayak95

Country flag

Actually - the Navy exercises its ASW, its tracking capabilities on a very regular basis.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Actually - the Navy exercises its ASW, its tracking capabilities on a very regular basis.
And they should. But it doesn't reflect actual war situations. We don't shoot down our own helicopter in exercises. We did in 2019 when actual combat happened.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles