Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Eagle Eye

Country flag
I dont think navy deal will go thru. Navy hv to adjust with 18 mig29k for vikrant!

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
Are you questioning if Navy will indeed order Rafale for carrier-based operation ?

And the reason I am frustrated is that, despite having money, capability, and requirement, we order everything in a piecemeal manner. From artillery, helicopters, guns, jets, drones, and everything.

I think the Navy specified they are looking for an early retirement of Mig-29K.
Navy will use the MiG-29k till 2035-2040 till Tedbf comes in numbers. Navy is pragmatic and they know large orders for foreign fighters will not see light of the day in MoD. I will not be surprised if they order around 10 Naval LCAs also

Defcon 1

Country flag
the Avionics and sensors of Rudra are excellent for surveillance and recce.
According to this, Dhruv being procured by CG is MK-III

IndianHawk

Country flag
Confirmed now. The Navy has been foolishly low-balled. We are building our defense capabilities like a failed state while being the 5th largest economy.

Our enemies are two nuclear-powered states, one being a superpower, and our babus can't be bothered to loosen their batua.
One of our enemy is bankrupt and can't even purchase flour and fuel forget about financing a full scale war.
The other enemy has a population declining faster than anywhere else in absolute numbers. Will perhaps raise a dreaded army of old chinkies in adult diapers raiding over Himalayas 😂.

binayak95

Country flag
Are you questioning if Navy will indeed order Rafale for carrier-based operation ?

And the reason I am frustrated is that, despite having money, capability, and requirement, we order everything in a piecemeal manner. From artillery, helicopters, guns, jets, drones, and everything.

I think the Navy specified they are looking for an early retirement of Mig-29K.
I think any more than 26 Rafales will be a waste for the IN. Vishal is no longer a practical answer (it never was) - the VKD is useless since it cannot carry anything other than a SHAR/MiG29K at the moment. That leaves Vikrant and Vikrant II - the latter is going to be something that we cannot predict at the moment, given how fast unmanned wingman concepts are being developed.

So 26 is just right, for the Vikrant.

But yeah, ideally IAF would have dovetailed its needs with this and we could have gotten 3 more squadrons of Rafales for the IAF - or better yet, 26 F18s and 60 F15EXs.

binayak95

Country flag
Navy will use the MiG-29k till 2035-2040 till Tedbf comes in numbers. Navy is pragmatic and they know large orders for foreign fighters will not see light of the day in MoD. I will not be surprised if they order around 10 Naval LCAs also
Naa MiGs will be gone soon. F35Bs have a better chance than MiGs in IN service post 2030

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
One of our enemy is bankrupt and can't even purchase flour and fuel forget about financing a full scale war.
The other enemy has a population declining faster than anywhere else in absolute numbers. Will perhaps raise a dreaded army of old chinkies in adult diapers raiding over Himalayas 😂.
I have been studying Chinese & their military strength for a few years now. To be honest, the way you framed your reply dangerously underestimates the Chinese & their military.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I have been studying Chinese & their military strength for a few years now. To be honest, the way you framed your reply dangerously underestimates the Chinese & their military.
I have been looking at their military and economy for much longer and deeper.

Anyways to each his own

rohit b3

Country flag
Doesn anyone ask that neither Rafale nor F18 has actually landed or took off from Vikrant? Have they been tested on the lifts? Have they been taxied on the flight deck/hanger?

DumbPilot

Country flag
Afwa hai afwa. This is a hot potato. On the one hand, the aid that the US has provided and continues to provide - on the other, the lucrative French neutral ground.

Itna jaldi nahi hone waala decision
That's why I was kind of surprised, hearing it nowhere all out of a sudden lol.

Tech wise, the Hornet beats the Rafale-M hands down..

Blademaster

That's why I was kind of surprised, hearing it nowhere all out of a sudden lol.

Tech wise, the Hornet beats the Rafale-M hands down..
Don't be such a hard on for American tech. Rafale offer better logistical capability and tech upgrade pathway not to mention that it will be in production for a long time while the Americans are shutting down the F-18 production in a few years.

Gyyan

Country flag
You are quoting the population problem similar to what chinks spread about herd immunity.
Their thought was since everybody is infected there is no problem we will all get herd immunity very soon (next Monday types).
Similarly you quoting the demographic problem of China like the day sino-India war starts the very next Monday China will have no young men.
It doesn't work that way.
The advanced east Asian nation all face similar problems (to some extent) be it Japan S.Korea or China but all their militaries are formidable foes.
None of them are to be underestimated.

IndianHawk

Country flag
You are quoting the population problem similar to what chinks spread about herd immunity.
Their thought was since everybody is infected there is no problem we will all get herd immunity very soon (next Monday types).
Similarly you quoting the demographic problem of China like the day sino-India war starts the very next Monday China will have no young men.
It doesn't work that way.
The advanced east Asian nation all face similar problems (to some extent) be it Japan S.Korea or China but all their militaries are formidable foes.
None of them are to be underestimated.
And you think India China rivalry will be over in just one battle?? In just a decade??
Grow up.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles