Indian Naval Aviation

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
do note this that the radar needed to detect ships and cruse missile is different from the radar on phalcons. for A2a refueling IAF is needed because IN does not have that capability yet and why use a2a refuling when u can have ship borne awacs .why use two aircraft when one can do the job just fine
E2D is catapulat launched which IN ship has that? SU 30 MKI in Maritime squadron doesn't have any A2A tanker? What is SAR mode in phalcon used for?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
its has been cleared for sale by the US but is a deal signed already or one in the pipeline?
IN has shown interest in Shore based version as well asked if it can be modifed for ski jump.

AJSINGH

E2D is catapulat launched which IN ship has that? SU 30 MKI in Maritime squadron doesn't have any A2A tanker? What is SAR mode in phalcon used for?
that is true that E2d needs catapult and yeh no IN has that technology but there is a possibility that it can take off from 12 degree ski jump on INS vikramaditya if that does not happen .we need helicopter based awacs for anti sub missions and anti ship missions .\
Su 30mki has enough fuel capacity that it can do maritime strike role easily but for extended ranges like flying from eastern cost and attacking ahead of andaman and nicobar islands is difficult but in that case it will land at port blair air base ,refuel and launch attack

AJSINGH

Which ship will this operate on? We don't have a catapult carrier.

How is a radar differ for land or sea when the plane is in the air and tracking air borne targets?
at the moment E2D cannot operate from any IN aircraft carrier but can be modified to take off from the 12 degree ski jump

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
that is true that E2d needs catapult and yeh no IN has that technology but there is a possibility that it can take off from 12 degree ski jump on INS vikramaditya if that does not happen .we need helicopter based awacs for anti sub missions and anti ship missions .\
Su 30mki has enough fuel capacity that it can do maritime strike role easily but for extended ranges like flying from eastern cost and attacking ahead of andaman and nicobar islands is difficult but in that case it will land at port blair air base ,refuel and launch attack
We already have heli based AEW plateforms even NURAV is in pipeline. Can't the SAR mode be used for tracking ships or cruise misiles? MKI in A&N will take care of striking till mallaca straits and also help in air defense net in south India. Once on CAP or long range strike they will get refuelling it's naive to think that they will not have any refuelling facility in southern side

AJSINGH

We already have heli based AEW plateforms even NURAV is in pipeline. Can't the SAR mode be used for tracking ships or cruise misiles? MKI in A&N will take care of striking till mallaca straits and also help in air defense net in south India. Once on CAP or long range strike they will get refuelling it's naive to think that they will not have any refuelling facility in southern side
yeh i never said that we dont have helicopters for AEW role but as of now they make more sense or u could have E2D from the shore like pune or mumbai or cochin and also A2A refullers not borrowed from IAF but dedicated for IN missions
and what exactly do u mean by SAR ?
and yes SU 30mki will get a2a refulers from south india but if they have to go ahead of adamans they need to land and refuel .that is why IAF wants Su 30mki in adamans so that they need not fly from east coast

AJSINGH

oh right now i know what SAR mode is .yeh about that it can be used for maritime role but its may not be configured to search ships or maritime targets
u see even su 30MKi has SAR . used to find the andhara CM when his helicopter crashed

AJSINGH

plus buying E2D will be major force multiplier and is better than the E2C which PN operates
only one thing concers me that end user aggrement should not be in control of USA and not many glitches in it

did u see how USA sells weapon to both side that is Pakistan and India
USA gave pakistan Pc-3 orion and to india -p8I
and also they gave pakistan f-16 and us they are offering Super viper

natarajan

just think when an ac is near somalia and this awe will surely help in ac away from home

Country flag
which planes will these be linked to mig-29 or LCA or both?? This gives SH/F-16 another plus point in the MRCA??

ppgj

which planes will these be linked to mig-29 or LCA or both?? This gives SH/F-16 another plus point in the MRCA??
LF, has the deal been struck? in case yes, then both mig 29k and n-lca(when they come) will be linked. don't think this will affect MRCA 'cos the navy is planning 30 more migs in the coming times in addition to n-lca whenever they come.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I don't like hot food because it desensitizes my test-buds..... A not so hot but because of having sensitive test-buds i enjoy and rejoy myself that i will be enjoying longer if not forever.

Below is some thing. All upon you, read and judge.

Devil In The Details? Bogey In The Indian Navy's P-8I Aircraft Contract

The Indo-US contract for eight Boeing P-8I long-range maritime reconnaisance & anti-submarine warfare (LRMRASW) aircraft was signed at the beginning of this year, but, according to sources in the Navy, there appear to be some bogeys that seem to have passed the muster of South Block bureaucrats, certainly the ones who signed the deal. With such committed focus on the end user monitoring (EUM) clauses, sources point to a certain other clause in the contract that could spell potential trouble in the future, not just for the P-8I relationship, but others Indo-US contracts as well.

According to Section 6.1 under Article 28 of the contract between the two governments, the US will be liable for no penalties in the event that any "malicious code" is detected in the software that governs the P-8I's sensors and systems. Malicious code, among other things, could include deliberately embedded bits of software designed to do one or many of a variety of things, which could include encrypted recording of platform usage information -- data that only American inspectors will be able to decrypt during end-user inspections, without making it apparently so. Sound far-fetched. It apparently isn't. Anyway, the point is, if Indian engineers are lucky enough to detect the malicious software (in some fortuitous spasm of counter-intelligence), then as per the contract on paper, there will be no penalties. All the US will have to do is to modify the hardware or software and remove the malicious code, with no other liabilities.

There are folks who believe this is precisely what the US government has seen done in contracts with Pakistan's P-3 and F-16 fleet. Could something be amiss or is this paranoia? Has something far more dangerous passed under the radars of South Block?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
oh right now i know what SAR mode is .yeh about that it can be used for maritime role but its may not be configured to search ships or maritime targets
u see even su 30MKi has SAR . used to find the andhara CM when his helicopter crashed
So you say that this is your assumption that it MAY not be configured for searching the ships so it can be configured and logistical nightmare can be avoided.

AJSINGH

So you say that this is your assumption that it MAY not be configured for searching the ships so it can be configured and logistical nightmare can be avoided.
if you are talking about phalcon awacs then yeh some modification is required in
Su 30MKI as of now is maritime strike fighter because IN does not have any alternative.
i say IN should acquire more Mig 29 k for maritime strike role

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
if you are talking about phalcon awacs then yeh some modification is required in
Su 30MKI as of now is maritime strike fighter because IN does not have any alternative.
i say IN should acquire more Mig 29 k for maritime strike role
Jaguars are there for maritime strike role MiG 29K are more of multi role fighters. I am insisting on the point that currently IN does not have any catapulat launched ship which can operate E2D so rather then going ahead with E2D it will be cheaper to go with Phalcons configured especially for IN rather then going ahead with altogeather a new platform with seperate crews and logistics

tharikiran

Country flag
The ones India has asked for is land based. E2D will be taking off from land.
Hope you all saw that in the earlier posts.

AJSINGH

Jaguars are there for maritime strike role MiG 29K are more of multi role fighters. I am insisting on the point that currently IN does not have any catapulat launched ship which can operate E2D so rather then going ahead with E2D it will be cheaper to go with Phalcons configured especially for IN rather then going ahead with altogeather a new platform with seperate crews and logistics
that is true but using Jaguars is only temporary solution .the sole responsibility if maritime strike should be with the IN and not IAF .the induction of MIG 29K is good sign but more of those are needed .then jaguars will be used by IAF for land attack

we will not have any catapult launch system for sometime now unless we bulid aircraft carrier with more than 39000 tons of displacement ( we dont have that big of docks and construction yard anyway )
so in my opinion IN should go for V-22 osprey for AWACS and E2D shore based and IN should acquire A2A refulers .perhaps 4 of those and IAF should also induct more Phalcon ( in total they should have 8 of them and smaller awacs such as on Embrarer jets )
India to Develop AWACS Aircraft Based on Embraer EMB-145 AEW&C Platform

ppgj

we will not have any catapult launch system for sometime now unless we bulid aircraft carrier with more than 39000 tons of displacement ( we dont have that big of docks and construction yard anyway )
cochin shipyard is building ADS which is 40000 tons displacement.

AJSINGH

cochin shipyard is building ADS which is 40000 tons displacement.
yeh i know that but The carrier will feature a ski-jump in STOBAR (Short Take-Off But Arrested Recovery) configuration. The deck is designed to enable aircraft such as the MiG-29 and smaller to operate from the carrier.if we build bigger aircraft carrier,then we need catapult .frankly speaking we dont need such huge aircraft carrier because that would be over kill

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles