Indian Human Spaceflight Program (HSP)

karn

Country flag
Everything has been great but why the ignition fire of this rocket was so transparent. I could barely see it.
Because you are used to seeing solid rocket motors during the lift off . This is the first time we are seeing an ISRO vehicle with only the liquid propellant engine at lift off.
The brown smoke you saw just before ignition was n2o4.

Last edited:

AnantS

Country flag
Because you are used to seeing solid rocket motors during the lift off . This is the first time we are seeing an ISRO vehicle with only the liquid propellant engine at lift off.
The brown smoke you saw just before ignition was n2o4.
Bhai gslv mk2 first stage liquid engine boosters a second stage is solid rocket engine. So not first time. I am not counting prithvi here but that too had first stage as liquid.

karn

Country flag
Bhai gslv mk2 first stage liquid engine boosters a second stage is solid rocket engine. So not first time. I am not counting prithvi here but that too had first stage as liquid.
The solid rocket motor for gslv2 is ground lit . It's weird to call the core solid rocket motor as a second stage . Since it lights at launch and stops firing before the strap on liquids.

AnantS

Country flag
The solid rocket motor for gslv2 is ground lit . It's weird to call the the core solid rocket motor as a second stage . Since it lights at launch and stops firing before the strap on liquids.
Sorry yes you are correct.

TopWatcher

Country flag
Thoughts? I think its a waste of money with no real value.
May be this part of long term collaboration. HSF is still in WIP phase, by that time indian astranauts training dont go in waste thats why may be sending.

Its seems PM modi requested , not from US side.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Thoughts? I think its a waste of money with no real value.
May be this part of long term collaboration. HSF is still in WIP phase, by that time indian astranauts training dont go in waste thats why may be sending.

Ya'll Nibbiars The Long Duration on a Space Station in never wasteful, till our Space station comes in the 2030's, this is what we can get.

Swesh

Things are coming from government side a lot that's never used to happen besides my only worry is strategic payloads pushed around for some space adventure. We are living in rapidly changing tactical world batter we catchup

Global Defence

Articles