Indian Electronics and Semiconductor manufacturing industry

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Vedanta just gas a bad rep.
None of their ventures have veen particularly outstanding, understandable why people are wary of him.
He does not seem to have a good track record. Perhaps ArcelorMittal or Jindal or others with solid reputation and fund raising track record in materials industry would have been better. Vedanta does play in metals but their reputation is not good in the UK as well as here. If this goes bad, it would be embarrassing for us. Hopefully modi told Agarwal not to play with fire. Let’s see.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
He does not seem to have a good track record. Perhaps ArcelorMittal or Jindal or others with solid reputation and fund raising track record in materials industry would have been better. Vedanta does play in metals but their reputation is not good in the UK as well as here. If this goes bad, it would be embarrassing for us. Hopefully modi told Agarwal not to play with fire. Let’s see.
Ya'll Nibbiars The Mittals are already full with it's steel capacity expansion. The JSW are investing in the Hydrogen. So there are already busy. The only hope is the Tata Instruments. No there is another.

kharabela

Sahasra Semiconductors’ CTO Talks Chip Packaging Plans In India . to invest Rs 750 crore in setting up a memory chip assembly, test, and packaging unit in Bhiwadi.

Cheran

Country flag
1680410745422.png

“This puts more competitive manufacturers globally, at a distinct disadvantage. What steps are proposed to be taken to create an even playing field for global manufacturers in these areas, especially from the developing world,” India asked.

China, joining India said, “China notes that the US has continuously criticised the industrial subsidy policies of other members on various occasions over the years. Please clarify whether the consistent position of the US has changed.”

Cheran

Country flag

Concard

Country flag
lets see how india navigates. We must start lithography research in parallel.
I think first we need to build a fab which can make 28nm node chips. First we need to focus on running a fab and gaining skills from it. Develop an ecosystem around low end semiconductor chips and then think about upgrading to advanced nodes. And then we can allocate resources to making Lithographic machine which I believe will 20 years in best case scenario and billions in R & D. At present we can't do both. Getting one thing is better than failing in both. I don't want to see Kaveri Engine all over again.

AnantS

Country flag
I think first we need to build a fab which can make 28nm node chips. First we need to focus on running a fab and gaining skills from it. Develop an ecosystem around low end semiconductor chips and then think about upgrading to advanced nodes. And then we can allocate resources to making Lithographic machine which I believe will 20 years in best case scenario and billions in R & D. At present we can't do both. Getting one thing is better than failing in both. I don't want to see Kaveri Engine all over again.
Basic Research shall need to be established now. Its only then you would know 10 years down the line what needs to be established for getting lithography established online. I say again.. lets start being being part of ASML supply chain .. by supplying basic stuff which does not have great learning curve.

Last edited:

SKC

Country flag
lets see how india navigates. We must start lithography research in parallel.
People are confusing everything involved in making a Fab plant into single thing.

Lithography machines is a totally different sector and Fab plant is different thing.

Our focus should be to setup Fabs as quickly as possible regardless of what node we get here.

Lithography machines are one the toughest engineering science on earth currently.

AnantS

Country flag
People are confusing everything involved in making a Fab plant into single thing.

Lithography machines is a totally different sector and Fab plant is different thing.

Our focus should be to setup Fabs as quickly as possible regardless of what node we get here.

Lithography machines are one the toughest engineering science on earth currently.
Thanks for removing "confusion" - I had no idea! I always confused Car Assembly Line vs Automotive Die Manufacturers. Automated Assembly Lines for Manufacturing Car vs Making Robots for Car Assembly lines. Using Large Hydraulic Press in Aviation and other stuff manufacturing vs manufacturing your own large Hydraulic press.

Heck I thought ASML was a ML.. Pardon me! I am too idiot to understand finer things in life.

SKC

Country flag
Thanks for removing "confusion" - I had no idea! I always confused Car Assembly Line vs Automotive Die Manufacturers. Automated Assembly Lines for Manufacturing Car vs Making Robots for Car Assembly lines. Using Large Hydraulic Press in Aviation and other stuff manufacturing vs manufacturing your own large Hydraulic press.

Heck I thought ASML was a ML.. Pardon me! I am too idiot to understand finer things in life.

Calm Down Dude!
Dont act super smart and think others are novice.

Posts like this actually tell you are an idiot.

Building fabs does not means we need to build the machinery (litho equipment) inhouse.

We can either spend huge amounts of money on Litho research OR huge amounts of money on building Fabs.

If you think spending huge money on litho research for a decade will bring us close to ASML then you are surely idiot and dreaming after getting high!

AnantS

Country flag
Calm Down Dude!
Dont act super smart and think others are novice.

Posts like this actually tell you are an idiot.

Building fabs does not means we need to build the machinery (litho equipment) inhouse.

We can either spend huge amounts of money on Litho research OR huge amounts of money on building Fabs.

If you think spending huge money on litho research for a decade will bring us close to ASML then you are surely idiot and dreaming after getting high!
Yep I claim I am idiot and impatient. thankfully some in GOI are too, that they have have established Research around Lithography in IIT Mandi. Merci

SKC

Country flag
Yep I claim I am idiot and impatient. thankfully some in GOI are too, that they have have established Research around Lithography in IIT Mandi. Merci
Thanks!
We will install your bust in Parliament in Delhi!

Starting a program in Litho research does not means we are going to beat ASML!

AnantS

Country flag
Thanks!
We will install your bust in Parliament in Delhi!

Starting a program in Litho research does not means we are going to beat ASML!
Idiot dont wish to beat anyone! Its only in the brains of highflyers like you and Xi - who dream about beating someone in marathon even before learning to walk.

SKC

Country flag
Idiot dont wish to beat anyone! Its only in the brains of highflyers like you and Xi - who dream about beating someone in marathon even before learning to walk.
Han Nahi karna beat mujhe kisi ko

We need to build fabs in first place and you are on 7th cloud talking to beat ASML!

Dreamer keep on dreaming and Realist build the empires!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles