Indian Economy: News and Discussion

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
We are already third latest textile manufacterer in world after PRC and US even though it's a smaller share of our industry which is grossly undervalued.

Since saturated value of textiles is not even a fraction of heavy machineries, softwares and aircrafts, it pegs a retarded and later neutralised growth for textile dependent countries like Pak & Bangladesh but guarantees a long term growth for India.

Shifting focus from high end products (electronics, aerospace and construction etc.) toward low-end (clothing) doesn't make sense in any case. Don't mind if I say that you sometimes talk too insane.
We are not shifting, just those who require employment can benefit, who is saying to leave hi tec and go stitch clothes?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yup but we need to really ramp up the vaccination. We have to get it done in the next 3-6 months. Our economy won't survive another lockdown.
Our vaccination is fast, but considering our population size, it is very slow.

Rxbanda

Country flag
Why shld we promote palm oil when we know abt the bad affects of palm oil plantations on the rainforests of Indonesia and Malaysia. The only benefit palm oil has is its cheap cost. Its harmful to health and shld not be consumed. Rather than promoting palm plantations, Govt shld boost production of local oilseeds such as mustard, peanuts, soyabean, sunflower. It wl be a boon for the consumer as well as farmers.
Also, coconut oil and sesame oil.. these are traditional oils of India along with mustard and peanuts.
Refined oils are very bad for health.

no smoking

Country flag
And I have numerous times explained how it can happen.

Now please explain me why united states and China has a very high export inspite of their currency valued very high. Give me the answer of my question and you will get the answer of yours. As per your logic Afghanistan should have very high export because their currency is valued very low.
:facepalm:

It is funny to see someone putting US, China, India and Afghanistan into one comparison. This shows how ignorant this person is about the economy.

The major export of US are: high-end service and high-end manufacturing goods. In most of them, US is either the only supplier or leading in technologies. Currency value has relatively less affect on these businesses.

The reason that China keeps her export growing is that China has been moving up the value chain. In other words, even though Chinese goods are becoming expensive, the quality is also getting better. They always keep their price lower than the same class products from their competitors.

Afghan, well, that is a laughable argument, they are busy fighting the civil war now. What do you want them to export?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
:facepalm:

It is funny to see someone putting US, China, India and Afghanistan into one comparison. This shows how ignorant this person is about the economy.

The major export of US are: high-end service and high-end manufacturing goods. In most of them, US is either the only supplier or leading in technologies. Currency value has relatively less affect on these businesses.

The reason that China keeps her export growing is that China has been moving up the value chain. In other words, even though Chinese goods are becoming expensive, the quality is also getting better. They always keep their price lower than the same class products from their competitors.

Afghan, well, that is a laughable argument, they are busy fighting the civil war now. What do you want them to export?
And you failed to explain why India can not do the same. I have been trying to Explain the same to you for a long time.

sorcerer

Country flag
India inks FTA with Mauritius, the 1st with an African nation | India News - Times of India

NEW DELHI: India signed a free trade and investment agreement with Mauritius on Tuesday, the first with any country in Africa. It was also the first time since 2011 that India was signing a free trade pact with any country.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles