Indian Economy: News and Discussion

cannonfodder

Country flag
I always though that Rao had balls of steel to introduce whatever reforms MMS gets credit for. And that is disruption point which helped Indian economy turn the tide. Now the data looks flat from 1991 towards 2000 :p

Poor Vajpayee got back stabbed by media with "Shining India" mocks by Lutyens. Feel more bad for him.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I always though that Rao had balls of steel to introduce whatever reforms MMS gets credit for. And that is disruption point which helped Indian economy turn the tide. Now the data looks flat from 1991 towards 2000 :p

Poor Vajpayee got back stabbed by media with "Shining India" mocks by Lutyens. Feel more bad for him.
Vajpayee was the man who focussed on infrastructure development, while congress was more into corruption.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Government should start schemes for manufacturing of Holi products in India to slap Chinese imports, its high time we do this as India’s festival benefits China the most, we should make Indians benefit the most, and we should take advantage of the fact that we have so many huge festivals which means lots of business activity, I blame Diwali and Dussehra to bring economic activity back to life in India.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
This is quite interesting data. Does that mean Vajpayee did better job than Narsimha Rao?
that’s not how fundamental reforms work, they take time to trickle down. It takes time for people to understand any reform fully, and takes more time for people to benefit from reforms.

sunshine

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
China Back as Top India Trade Partner Even as Relations Sour

India continues to rely heavily on Chinese-made heavy machinery, telecom equipment and home appliances. As a result, the bilateral trade gap with China was at almost $40 billion in 2020, making it India’s largest.

Total imports from China at $58.7 billion (2% of China's total exports)were more than India’s combined purchases from the U.S. and the U.A.E, which are its second- and third-largest trade partners, respectively. Heavy machinery imports accounted for 51% of India’s purchases from its neighbor.

That said, India did manage to lower imports from its Asian neighbor amid demand disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic. The South Asian nation also managed to increase its exports to China by about 11% from a year ago to $19 billion last year

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Vajpayee was the man who focussed on infrastructure development, while congress was more into corruption.
Golden quad, east west north south corridor, plan to open six new aiims and renovation of major hospitals across India under PMSSY scheme, Rural education push were some of Vajpayee s major legacy milestones, other than opening up of many sectors such as insurance, retails, telecom etc.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Kirloskar Oil Engines is developing the new K4300 engine with 1800-3100 hp. The engine is likely to power LCUs, patrol boats or small Corvettes. Development of a 280 mm bore medium speed engine SEMT Pielstick PA6 equivalent was reported in 2016 but nothing has been heard since.
EtrkUJJWYAEjwjd.jpeg

Varun2002

Country flag
^ Are any of vessels of different sizes in the Indian Navy and Coast Guard, powered by Indian built engines? Or are they all imported from Germany, Russia et al?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I mean we can dominate it , will reduce Pakistani exports , grass eating will be reality much faster
Trying "dominating" it is only going to bring down the quality of economic sectors and will stabilise India's per capita income growth's prospects to lower end. This is not an aerospace, medical or semiconductor product that only handful countries can make. People of every country are home-tailors in large proportions.

I don't think that a highly skilled welder or a well established firm would like to stitch clothes with threads instead of stitching heat exchangers and nuclear reactors with welding rode.

There are much better things for India to do than competing with Pakistan to degrade it. It just isn't worth it.
We are not shifting, just those who require employment can benefit, who is saying to leave hi tec and go stitch clothes?
That's already sufficient with home-made boutiques in every third street in villages and towns throughout the country and government gifting stitching machines. Every sector needs an additional market to grow in value chain. In India, it's growing with increasing domestic consumption. Attempting to manipulate an already well growing (low-end) sector for "unnecessary" reasons will only end up manipulating India's economy, profit margins of tailors and skill levels.

Every country has a class that is economically inactive (unemployed) on its own will, especially housewives. They are already doing their bit. Trying to regulate the sector isn't going to bring any fruits and will only waste time.

"Unnecessary" reasons strictly, Pakistan is an unnecessary country who doesn't factor even in top in minds of India's strategists these days anymore. We often troll them for drafting policies around India and being obsessed but well behind India in every sector. They crave for attention and "balance of power" in "South Asia". But then we have Indians passing on attentions, unnecessarily for a reason I don't know.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Trying "dominating" it is only going to bring down the quality of economic sectors and will stabilise India's per capita income growth's prospects to lower end. This is not an aerospace, medical or semiconductor product that only handful countries can make. People of every country are home-tailors in large proportions.

I don't think that a highly skilled welder or a well established firm would like to stitch clothes with threads instead of stitching heat exchangers and nuclear reactors with welding rode.

Every country has a class that is economically inactive (unemployed) on its own will, especially housewives. They are already doing their bit. Trying to regulate the sector isn't going to bring any fruits and will only waste time.

There are much better things for India to do than competing with Pakistan to degrade it. It just isn't worth it.

That's already sufficient with home-made boutiques in every third street in villages and towns throughout the country and government gifting stitching machines. Every sector needs an additional market to grow in value chain. In India, it's growing with increasing domestic consumption. Attempting to manipulate an already well growing (low-end) sector for "unnecessary" reasons will only end up manipulating India's economy, profit margins of tailors and skill levels.

"Unnecessary" reasons strictly, Pakistan is an unnecessary country who doesn't factor even in top in minds of India's strategists these days anymore. We often troll them for drafting policies around India and being obsessed but well behind India in every sector. They crave for attention and "balance of power" in "South Asia". But then we have Indians passing on attentions, unnecessarily for a reason I don't know.
Yes you’re right but export oriented textile manufacturing can help the unemployed, like the ones in villages. The ones already doing high end jobs will be continuing to do it, it’s just that our economic growth will boost once the low end work also gets a huge boost.

DerBronzeLord

Country flag

While I agree with everything else you wrote, I strongly differ on your Paki assessments. They may be MUCH behind us in every sector, but they are still a national security threat. Kashmir, Khalistan, and the lobbying against us abroad, along with the smear campaigns are no doubt run by them. Pakistan may not be a top priority, as compared to China, but it has definitely not stopped factoring into the minds of South Block.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
While I agree with everything else you wrote, I strongly differ on your Paki assessments. They may be MUCH behind us in every sector, but they are still a national security threat. Kashmir, Khalistan, and the lobbying against us abroad, along with the smear campaigns are no doubt run by them. Pakistan may not be a top priority, as compared to China, but it has definitely not stopped factoring into the minds of South Block.
Only fools will call pakistan a non-threat to India, they are a ticking timebomb country which will collapse anytime in Future and worst part is that they have nukes which will end up in wrong hands, pakistanis can eat one bread less but will contribute money to do proxy and 5th generation warfare against us. Only way to deal with them is by hurting their economy badly.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Only fools will call pakistan a non-threat to India, they are a ticking timebomb country which will collapse anytime in Future and worst part is that they have nukes which will end up in wrong hands, pakistanis can eat one bread less but will contribute money to do proxy and 5th generation warfare against us. Only way to deal with them is by hurting their economy badly.
That's what my assessment was , and don't worry about nukes , actually i don't wanted to confirm it , but there is actually a pact between india , france , US to secure their nukes , we have a lot of info about their silos , underground facilities .

All this wil happen irrespective of the government at centre of any of these three ,
a particular group fromspecial forces are trained for it .
I won't tell the name ,but my teacher told me this during a doubt session where only we two were present , he have some friends in high position . He later told me not bother about and talk on this issue.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Yes you’re right but export oriented textile manufacturing can help the unemployed, like the ones in villages. The ones already doing high end jobs will be continuing to do it, it’s just that our economic growth will boost once the low end work also gets a huge boost.
As told before government has already been doing this with bit of textile parks to cottage industries' endorsements. Rural "unemployed" make larger parts of their incomes from farms and working in factories as contractual labours in manufacturing companies and factories.

Domestic market will grow only at its pace and "export oriented" is easier said than done. Exceptionally boosting textile sector for exports would require exceptional investments which would never draw an exceptional market increment. Why would people reject and purchase Indian/Pakistani fabric? Textiles being textiles are a low-end item like agricultural products. They are good enough just being good enough for local consumption and are only an employment for otherwise unemployed already. Stitching clothes doesn't impart expertise in aerospace systems or electronics.
They may be MUCH behind us in every sector, but they are still a national security threat. Kashmir, Khalistan, and the lobbying against us abroad, along with the smear campaigns are no doubt run by them.
India is an existential threat for pak but vice versa isn't true. The part they get to bother India is largely on part of countries who assist them who will find other ways if Pak doesn't remain. May be Indian strategists realise that better there have been little mentions of Pak in past thoughout decade except strand off.

Now, better keep it out of thread as well.

Further, hastening their economic collapse doesn't help out containing their nukes. Nothing less than a Crimea style military occupation will what isn't likely.

And again, they aren't a threat. They are mere a nuisance which shouldn't be paid undue attention and formulate India's economic policies around it. Pakistan's economic sphere is too small that we will end gaining less than resources we spent.

no smoking

Country flag
And you failed to explain why India can not do the same. I have been trying to Explain the same to you for a long time.
What did you explained?
India rupee has been devaluating for decades while India's trading balance is still not improving, if not getting worse.

1614120986804.png

Under such circumstances, you are suggesting India should appreciate rupee. Are you Chinese or Pakistanis?

sunshine

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What did you explained?
India rupee has been devaluating for decades while India's trading balance is still not improving, if not getting worse.

View attachment 79519

Under such circumstances, you are suggesting India should appreciate rupee. Are you Chinese or Pakistanis?
At present, the goods produced in India are not competitive. And imported things are essential, such as oil and so on. So even if the ruble depreciates, it is impossible to say that it will further expand the trade deficit.Because all imports are denominated in US dollars, the value of imported things will be higher,The value of exported goods will be less.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles