Indian Economy: News and Discussion

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
What did you explained?
India rupee has been devaluating for decades while India's trading balance is still not improving, if not getting worse.

View attachment 79519

Under such circumstances, you are suggesting India should appreciate rupee. Are you Chinese or Pakistanis?
I am neither a Pakistani nor a chinese. I am just not an Idiaot.

You Dodged my questions.

1) If US and China can have a high export inspite of appreciated currency, why India can not have?

2) Your post has the answer of your question itself. Explain me why India's trade balance is not increasing inspite of INR devaluating. Now check the same figures of Vajpayee ji's era of 2003 to 2005. INR appreciated and trade balance improved. Both happened simultaneously. Even look at the FY 2020-21 to date. INR has appreciated and We are in trade surplus today for current FY. Now explain these phenomenon applying your logic.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I always though that Rao had balls of steel to introduce whatever reforms MMS gets credit for. And that is disruption point which helped Indian economy turn the tide. Now the data looks flat from 1991 towards 2000 :p

Poor Vajpayee got back stabbed by media with "Shining India" mocks by Lutyens. Feel more bad for him.
Vajpayee ji was a great leader but could not manage the dirty nexus of media, Lutyens, commies, Islamist and Congress. Modi and shah has systematically destroy this eco system. This media, Lutyens, commies, Islamist and Congress machine is not an effective tool to change the rein in Delhi.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
PLI scheme for manufacturing data servers.
=======
#Cabinet approves Production Linked Incentive Scheme for IT Hardware; scheme proposes incentive to boost domestic manufacturing and attract large investments in the value chain of IT Hardware

Target segments include laptops, tablets, all-in-one PCs and servers.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
What is difference between data centre and cloud storage , can a data centre business enter cloud buisness with a large investment

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Data centre is actual place where you hold physical storage of data ( hard disks ).
Cloud is online facility to store and retrieve data from data centre.
So with manufacturing of servers and storage device in india can we hope for some indigenous cloud storage provider

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Isnt Mauritius closer to India, located in Indian ocean. Why is it called an African country, rather than a South Asian country.
Because it is close to Africa, you’re confusing Mauritius with Maldives, Maldives is closer to us, Mauritius isn’t.

DerBronzeLord

Country flag
I am neither a Pakistani nor a chinese. I am just not an Idiaot.

You Dodged my questions.

1) If US and China can have a high export inspite of appreciated currency, why India can not have?

2) Your post has the answer of your question itself. Explain me why India's trade balance is not increasing inspite of INR devaluating. Now check the same figures of Vajpayee ji's era of 2003 to 2005. INR appreciated and trade balance improved. Both happened simultaneously. Even look at the FY 2020-21 to date. INR has appreciated and We are in trade surplus today for current FY. Now explain these phenomenon applying your logic.
I don't believe you understood what he said. If your currency appreciates, it won't result in you exporting anything, it is just a factor which helps massively. It boosts exports.

Take this example,

You(living in India) own a toy factory, exporting toys to, say Nigeria. When the RBI devalues the INR to say 140, the value of the INR may have reduced, but the cost of manufacturing will remain the same WITHIN India. So if it used to cost 140 INR to manufacture a toy, after devaluation, it still costs the same, but when converted to USD(which is the standard used in intl. trade), it's price changes from 2 USD to 1 USD. When you are buying something, you buy stuff which is cheaper. Currency devaluation does that. It makes stuff cheaper.

It is also unwise to rely on charts showing how the INR progressed with respect to the USD over the last 2 decades. As one country devalues its currencies, other countries follow suit to remain competitive.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles