Indian Economy: News and Discussion

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Even the saner columnists have gone full retard; quoted article practically begs the readers to elect the clown prince, sugarcoats his tantrums and claims he is not all that bad. Pathetic!

"A lot of what's happening right now is cyclical and situational."

Yeah, my foot!
so this is the new toolkit from "All India Professionals' Congress". it's so easy....

======
Rajan tells Al Jazeera that Modi delivers on welfare schemes because welfare schemes are "easy"

Rango

Country flag
Seems like a lot of Islamists and Leftists are mad about this article.

In the last 10 years, our National Highways network increased 60 percent, from 91,287 kilometers [56,723 miles] in 2014 to 146,145 kilometers [90,810 miles] in 2023. We have more than doubled our airports, from 74 in 2014 to over 150 in 2024. Supported by our Sagarmala project, we have enhanced the capacity of our ports and improved the operational efficiency. We have started the tech-smart "Vande Bharat" trains for the comfort of our citizens and UDAN scheme to allow common people to fly. Our airlines have ordered more than 1,000 planes recently, and this shows how fast our aviation infrastructure will grow.

Since 2014, India has massively stepped up investments in renewable energy with solar energy capacity increasing from just 2,820 MW in 2014 to over 72,000 MW now. India is also well on its way to meet the 500 GW of renewable energy capacity and the climate commitment made in the Paris conference by 2030. We have launched a $2.5 billion dollar National Green hydrogen mission which will contribute toward decarbonization and avert [a] further 50 MMT per annum of CO2 emissions by 2030. We are launching 10,000 electric buses in 100 cities of India at a cost of almost $7 billion, giving a major boost to green urban mobility and reducing noise and air pollution. India's per capita emission is already less than half of the global average. India will achieve net-zero emission by 2070 as announced.

These welfare schemes have ensured that the poor get 40 million houses, over 100 million clean fuel connections, around 110 million clean water connections, over 110 million toilets, 500 million people get free health care and the last remaining 18 thousand villages get electricity.

slayingheaven

Country flag
Seems like a lot of Islamists and Leftists are mad about this article.

I always wondered why don't Congress fight BJP in very parameters that made BJP popular. Like say BJP laid 10,000km, we will lay 20,000km. BJP provided X-Million Toilets, we will provide 2X-Million Toilets. BJP provided Y-Million Gas Connections, we will provide 2Y-Million Gas Connections. Basically basing one's agenda around development rhetoric like BJP. Since that's why people are gonna vote for Modi right? . I mean if Iam contesting in elections and if I see all the surveys and people are gonna vote for my opponent, then I would quickly double down on whatever my opponent promised because that's what people are wishing for. But,
after seeing that Manifesto of Congress, It dawned me that the Scramgress is always hellbent on making a poor populace perpetually dependent on their freebies without any upward mobility. Even so, wouldn't it be ultimately good for Congress to double down on BJP development model? especially when it would get votes? But they didn't and I think wouldn't in any future. I believe that external elements outside are always influencing congress to keep India poor and weak. Basically in a nutshell, even if entire people were to announce that they will vote for Congress if they can go on BJP development model and make India a Superpower, Congress would never attempt to do that. How Nefarious the filth rotten in India.

Rango

Country flag
Maybe Congress's biggest flaw when it comes to infrastructure development was, is and will always be the inability to remove 100 poor illegal Muslims and a shitty fake Mosque when either is in the way of a new road/railway line/airport/port/electricity line/factory.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Congi bhosads and other lefto-jihadis are desperate to peddle the nonsense that India's Hindu population is voting him for the sake of Hindu nationalism and all and not for development, when clearly one can see how fast the acceleration in growth under him is happening.

I mentioned a few pages back how under these congi pieces of turds India was amongst the lowest when it came to production of steel, cement, electricity, automobiles etc that are core industries showing the prosperity and health of economy or industry in general despite 2nd largst population. None of these chimps indulged in serious industrialisation and what the likes of USA/USSR/Japan achieved 50 years ago with a tiny fraction of our modern day population, we have barely achieved in 2024.

If literally not for NATO invading middle east causing oil prices to rise causing a balance of payments crisis in India forcing these congi bastards to undertake reforms under IMF guidelines for a bailout, India even today would've been as big of a shithole it was earlier and China/ASEAN would've taken a bigger pie of the industries which we're gaining today.

slayingheaven

Country flag
Yeah. I am curious why so many Indians are hyperventilating over the entry of Tesla into India.
1. Would provide employment for 1000s. Every unorganized sector person into organized means more tax money inform of employment tax.
2. Like China's initial steps, Tesla's impact lies not solely in the innovation of electric vehicles themselves, which have been around since the early 2000s, but rather in its transformative approach to manufacturing and product placement. With its advanced techniques, such as the Gigapress, Tesla has evolved into a pioneer akin to "Henry Ford 2.0 Electric Boogaloo." Establishing a direct manufacturing plant in India could foster a beneficial ecosystem for local players like Tata and Mahindra. This move would directly engage Indian workers and cultivate a pool of talent, avoiding the need to start from scratch.
3. Tesla's entry into the Indian market could serve as a catalyst for technological advancement, acting as a crucible for Tata and Mahindra to sharpen their competitiveness in the EV sector. That Baniyagiri of avoiding r&d is no longer possible.
4. The Indian government, possibly disenchanted by the reluctance of profit-driven corporations like Tata and Mahindra to sufficiently invest in EVs domestically, may have been motivated to invite Tesla. Such a move could signal to these corporations that their reliance on importing from China for profits, rather than investing in India for economic growth and job creation, is no longer acceptable. With Tesla's potential to penetrate the mid-level market, it could force these two profit-maxxers to redirect their focus towards research and development, aligning with India's economic objectives.

brat4

Country flag
I always wondered why don't Congress fight BJP in very parameters that made BJP popular. Like say BJP laid 10,000km, we will lay 20,000km. BJP provided X-Million Toilets, we will provide 2X-Million Toilets. BJP provided Y-Million Gas Connections, we will provide 2Y-Million Gas Connections. Basically basing one's agenda around development rhetoric like BJP. Since that's why people are gonna vote for Modi right? . I mean if Iam contesting in elections and if I see all the surveys and people are gonna vote for my opponent, then I would quickly double down on whatever my opponent promised because that's what people are wishing for.
sure the Congress can promise they will do all that.. but who will believe it? heck, I wouldnt believe congress can achieve even 10% of what BJP achieved in infra, there is just no will to do it, their entire eco system is geared towards rent seeking and bribe seeking mentality in return for concentrating power in the hands of a corrupt few who in turn use force, threats, outright violence to keep their flock in check - this is why izzus and commies find common ground with congies.. this is why caste based politics took root..
this is why you will find "strong men" in almost any galli mohalla - from the ansari brothers in the north, owaisi brothers, DMK party, the YSR (Jagan's dad), the sharad pawar family, the erstwhile kings/nawabs

there is no way you could get to the top echelons of that party unless you were a strongman, a goonda who can provide the votes, or a career industrialist who can only gain money with unscrupulous rules to make money - which you will give back to congress.

there is a special place in hell for these scums. ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffkers

no smoking

Country flag
If literally not for NATO invading middle east causing oil prices to rise causing a balance of payments crisis in India forcing these congi bastards to undertake reforms under IMF guidelines for a bailout,
I doubt it was caused by the invasion.
Here is the oil price history:
1712799598030.png

Crude Oil Prices - 70 Year Historical Chart | MacroTrends
You can see that except a sharp rise around the end of 1990, most of time from 1985 to 1995, the oil price was hanging around between $40-$60, lot cheaper than 1985 ($75.17)
Here is the detailed price in the 2nd half of 1990.
1712799798750.png

So, the "high price" period was only 5 months. It is highly unlikely that India would be stroke down by 5 months oil price fluctuation.

The real problem, I believe, was the collapse of Soviet. Soviet had been one of major oil supplers to India (30% of total oil import), the benefit of trading with Soviet was that India only need to pay back with India products instead of foreign currency.

Here was the CIA report:
SOVIET OIL EXPORTS: UNDERSTANDING THE DYNAMICS OF THE DOWNTURN (cia.gov)
1712800162632.png

NutCracker

Country flag
So, the "high price" period was only 5 months. It is highly unlikely that India would be stroke down by 5 months oil price fluctuation.
That's what islamo-commie congress party brought upon Indian economy. Additionally our domestic production was also down due to machinery supply chain issue. So it was a double whammy where our Import bill for that duration grew by 150%.

thebakofbakchod

1712829030331.png

Very good. these kind of companies need to be given a carrot and stick to bring basic assembling/manufacturing here and build up a decent local assembling market. It will give much higher incentive to localise more high value components if 100 such companies exist. Also these days you can buy the entire production line for EMS manufacturing on aliexpress. Gormint should allow duty free import of these lines to local startups/MSME players to start producing here.

1712829205030.png

1712829225662.png

some examples

no smoking

Country flag
That's what islamo-commie congress party brought upon Indian economy. Additionally our domestic production was also down due to machinery supply chain issue. So it was a double whammy where our Import bill for that duration grew by 150%.
That was not any India government could decide. It was the geopolitical situation at the time force India to choose that way. Americans' geopolitical theory has always been oppressing any potential power who could dominate any territory. India was and is the one who can dominate South Asia and even middle east if there is no outsider's interference. India was American's target during that period of time. The only choice that India had during cold war was Soviet. Even if India chose today's economic policy, the US would only see it as an opportunity as putting India into chaos.

blackleaf

Country flag
That was not any India government could decide. It was the geopolitical situation at the time force India to choose that way. Americans' geopolitical theory has always been oppressing any potential power who could dominate any territory. India was and is the one who can dominate South Asia and even middle east if there is no outsider's interference. India was American's target during that period of time. The only choice that India had during cold war was Soviet. Even if India chose today's economic policy, the US would only see it as an opportunity as putting India into chaos.
India could have done what Japan, Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and even China did and align with the US in exchange for economic assistance and access to the US market. Sure there would come a point where India would get too large and the US would turn hostile. However, India would still have benefited immensely in the interim.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles