Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Concard

Country flag
No both news can be true. You see, railway baboons have been against DFCs from day 1, because they will lose a large amount of direct revenue to DFCCIL. They were many articles on this in the past. The same baboons did everything they can to scuttle train 18s too. IR bureaucracy needs to be purged inside out in the next term. So the news is likely from some high ranking baboon who wants to get rid of DFCs for his own personal benefit
While I don't doubt our corruption potential of our bureaucrats, DFCCIL comes under Railways. It is not outside of it and the revenue generated gets added to Indian railways revenue.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yesterday a haramkore wrote GoI will cancel remaining DFC projects. And this is the news today

I fucking hate these dalal journalists. Suvvar scum of the first order.
I expected the opposite to happen, The Chindu spreading the fake news and Financial Express publishing the correct one. Sigh.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Under the visionary leadership of Lehroo India wasn't even among top 15 automobile producers till 1991 reforms, maybe even below 20th rank for most of our history as an independent nation, now multiply this with other sectors of the economy. If all things go right we might surpass Japan and USA as 2nd largest carmaker by 2030-35.

Imagine the kind poverty India was subjected to under these idiots.

Same scenario in steel, cement, electricity etc, from a nobody to India becoming 2nd largest. I goddamn hate these congiturds.

SKC

Country flag
The issue of brain is grossly over-exaggerated. Several of my classmates from school, left India and went to the UK for further studies or as they claim to do so. Most of them left, not because it's difficult to build a career in India and live, but rather because of an obsession to move to the UK. I don't know anyone who has moved to the US but all classmates I know, moved to the UK. And I can guarantee you, that most of them are not studious. Some are pursuing some good study field but that is about it.

This trend among Goans to move to the UK is very common. Punjabi Sikhs have an obsession to move to Canada as a preferred International destination, in the end they mostly opt for small time jobs such as Taxi Driver, Workers, cleaning jobs at airports, factory labour, or work at some food outlet such as McDonald's, KFC, Burger king etc. The same way, majority of Goans go to the UK and opt for low level jobs.

During my science practical, one of my classmates was speaking about someone's he knew who gone to the UK and become rich, he said this:
"He was a class 9th failure, he went to the UK, and earned tons of money by simply cleaning and washing toilets".

I honestly don't know how true his claim is but I would take everything with a pinch of salt.

Majority of the youth that we lose to the west, like you said, are the ones who are unable to get a basic education in India, in the long run, their skills would prove to be useless for India. Though there are outliers wherein we have indeed lost many bright minds to the west, which if would have stayed in India would have done a lot of R&D and scientific contribution to Bharat.

Some of these Goans, come back every now and then back from the UK, and oh boy, the way they have changed, I can truly say that moving to the UK cucked them.
Things are changing rapidly in West. There was a time when you could earn significant money by doing the menial chores in west and also buy up property back in India.

Now neither these small jobs are easily available in west, neither they pay any good nor the property is cheaper in India anymore that you can buy big land. At most you can invest in some flat/apartment.

sauntheninja

Country flag
Related to this is the out of control spending habits of the Indian middle class and decreasing savings rates today. Everyone wants to spend on luxury items and take multiple EMI's, which is a disturbing copy of western spending patterns. Our middle class is disregarding Indian conventional wisdom on saving 30% + of your salary and not buying unnecessary garbage.

Everyone is under the false belief that consumer spending leads to a better economy, whereas thats not true for a developing country. India needs to invest more, not spend everything on consumer items. Investments can come from domestic savings, which will then be used by banks to give out as loans to viable recipients, or from investing in mutual funds.

Beyond the top 1%, nobody should be buying 30 lakh priced cars, or spending anything more than 1 lakh a month. Let these useless luxury businesses such as fancy schools, spas, expensive holidays etc crumble. Let this money be put into banks and investments which will give much higher returns in the future as well as encourage productive employment in sectors that are worth the investment (factories, ports, R&D facilities, AI, robotics, CNC, infrastructure etc).
People want better quality of lives and that's why they are spending more. For an average indian apart from going to the cinema's there isn't anything to do anyway in our cities better people spend on travelling and buying electronics

angryIndian

Country flag
Can you provide a source for it please (percentage of developers against all engineers and percentage of finance related jobs against all formal jobs)?
As far as I have experienced in my career, IT sector doesn't hold any significant relevance at least in terms of employment beyond the clutches of Bangalore and Hyderabad.
Core fields like mechanics, civil and electricals are dying without people.
These are the things you'd know anecdotally if you've worked in the core sector.

There aren't enough core companies in this country, and most of them don't recruit many graduate engineers. They typically hire a small number(mostly in single or double digits), primarily from the best Tier-1 colleges.

However, Tier-1 colleges represent a tiny minority of the total colleges in the country. The vast majority of students are from Tier 2 and beyond, for whom entry into the core field is extremely difficult, if not impossible.

At best, these graduates can get into a low-paying vendor company where they have to work in very demanding and dangerous conditions for a pittance. If they are exceptionally lucky and work extremely hard, they might eventually secure a better-paying job.

But the vast majority would likely remain stuck in frustratingly stagnant low salaries, eventually prompting them to quit and pursue other opportunities. Those with big money usually leave abroad to pursue MS.

blackleaf

Country flag

View attachment 247539

Labour reforms. (Bill passed in 2020, but not notified yet.)
Housing for factory workers is great. Way back in the 1960s when Japan was industrialising post world war 2 it used similar worker dormitories. Girls were recruited to work in these factories from rural Japan from as early as middle school.

Hopefully we can learn from the success in electronic assembly and use those lessons in other areas like textiles and toy manufacturing.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

1 .

2 .

3 .

4 .

5 .

6 .

7 .

8 .

9 .

10 .

11 .

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

Housing for factory workers is great. Way back in the 1960s when Japan was industrialising post world war 2 it used similar worker dormitories. Girls were recruited to work in these factories from rural Japan from as early as middle school.

Hopefully we can learn from the success in electronic assembly and use those lessons in other areas like textiles and toy manufacturing.
Be careful what you wish for.... India is neither Japan nor China nor even Pakistan. Not homogeneous in terms of religion or culture. Once you bring rural women into this sort, odds are it's a point of no return only for worse. The is how you get to 1 child per female and most victims would be Hindu being exploited by .5s and every other idiot. Leave woman aside and pick up useless men that just hangout regardless of religion.

sauntheninja

Country flag
View attachment 247715
Mumbai & Pune's combined share alone is more than 10% of the total GDP. Pune practically remains the most neglected cash cow among the top 5 imo.
City Administrators need more power. They need to be independent of the state government and need to have funding sources so they don't have to beg to the state governments for funds.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
City Administrators need more power. They need to be independent of the state government and need to have funding sources so they don't have to beg to the state governments for funds.
City administrations need to be either abolished or bypassed. The union govt needs to take over with dedicated fiscal outlays and human resources (a la Swacch Bharat) and if possible, should go after the Panchayats and the Zilla Parishads next.

Last edited:

Blademaster

City administrations need to be either abolished or bypassed. The union govt needs to take over with dedicated fiscal outlays and human resources (a la Swacch Bharat) and if possible, should go after the Panchayats and the Zilla Parishads next.
too much central control and hence too much bureaucracy then. Won’t be able to get anything done.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles