Indian Economy: News and Discussion

angryIndian

Country flag
It's always Rwanda whose example is given to us. Rwanda is an outlier not a general trend.
It's any extremely small country with really small population.
Rwanda is used as an example to show how collective effort can yield results. Not too long ago, the country had collapsed under a civil war. Today they have bounced back and have become an epicenter of business in Africa.

They have something called as "Umuganda " ie mandatory monthly community service for all citizens whereby they have to participate in cleaning activities once a week. There is a very hefty fine for throwing your garbage here are there. More importantly, the Rwandan government has invested heavily in efficient drainage systems and Urban management because of which today Kigali looks the way it is.

Likewise, I can give you numerous examples of cities of poorer Central Asian, South American, and South East Asian countries that are aesthetically much better than our mainstream cities.

thebakofbakchod

PM MITRA aims to achieve $100B export by 2030. I think it's too slow and most of the market leaving China will be captured by Vietnam, BD and other SEA countries.
The problem is this government and all indian politicians in general love giving bombastic targets with 0 accomplishment or repercussion for not meeting them. How will just setting up these parks achieve that target when you don't make any reform to allow easy setting up of big factories?

Here is an example. Just this small FDI investment will employ 3000 workers. How many such factories are there in India? Most of india's garment sector is spread across thousands of workshops, most of which employ <50 people. And the number of Indians living and willing to work at salaries of Bangladesh is probably greater than the entire population of Bangladesh.

Crazywithmath

Country flag

Physx32

Country flag
If that is hell then what is this ?

View attachment 241656
Coordinates of the image? How old is this image?

Also, instead of posting a random street view, you're showing one of the worst parts of the city. I can show also show you such filthy areas in that african city.

Point is that Kigali is also a shithole, just like our cities.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
The problem is this government and all indian politicians in general love giving bombastic targets with 0 accomplishment or repercussion for not meeting them. How will just setting up these parks achieve that target when you don't make any reform to allow easy setting up of big factories?

Here is an example. Just this small FDI investment will employ 3000 workers. How many such factories are there in India? Most of india's garment sector is spread across thousands of workshops, most of which employ <50 people. And the number of Indians living and willing to work at salaries of Bangladesh is probably greater than the entire population of Bangladesh.
For the love of God, please stop. Not even Bangladeshi economists themselves are so bullish on their economy. I can understand bhosdapilling over ASEAN etc but BD, seriously?

What kind of joke is this? They cannot even report exports properly or are they too busy doctoring data?

gslv markIII

Country flag
Coordinates of the image? How old is this image?

Also, instead of posting a random street view, you're showing one of the worst parts of the city. I can show also show you such filthy areas in that african city.

Point is that Kigali is also a shithole, just like our cities.
He is good at whining like a little bitch about every damn thing.

Note his previous comments about impending gloom & doom in the IT industry.

Concard

Country flag
PM MITRA aims to achieve $100B export by 2030. I think it's too slow and most of the market leaving China will be captured by Vietnam, BD and other SEA countries.
Vietnam: They are also doing screw driver giri. They are benefitting from being near to China especially more so being near to their electronic manfacturing hubs like Shenzen. How many parts supplier they have for OEM's? Well you won't find many. They sure have skilled talent at the bottom to absorb manufacturing/assembling but not much at the top. Moreover, it is a country of just 100 million so there is not much economies of scale. At some point very soon their labor will become expensive. Look at their debacle with Vinfast cars.

Bangladesh: Don't make me laugh. They will not be able to upgrade from underwear manufacturing anytime soon. Even that underwear manufacturing is only happening because of GSP status given by EU and the cotton supplied by India. Electronics require totally different environment. Just cheap labor alone will not lure OEM's.

South East Asia: Yes, they are already successful to an extent. Most of the electric trimmers/shavers I use come from Indonesia. The parts might come from elsewhere but they are having some success but only at their lower level. Succeeding at making big ticket electronic items like Smart phones, TV's, Audio systems, Laptops, PCs are long way off.

India has skilled labor at the top to offer talent and support although we are lagging in Semiconductor manufacturing. Now that there is already Micron OSAT is under construction and soon hopefully we will have a 28nm node fab, we will be in a unique position to offer far more than any country. We already have chip design talent in house.

Because of Micron OSAT more companies are showing interest in OSAT plants. And with Indian companies also getting into semiconductor industry we will see visible change by 2030.

gslv markIII

Country flag
And the number of Indians living and willing to work at salaries of Bangladesh is probably greater than the entire population of Bangladesh.
Pretty sure that we wont have that many people willing to work at $74 per month, working 60 hours a week or more.

Also I suppose that'll go against many sections of Shops & Establishments Act.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
View attachment 241659

Posting in full.....

They can promise mining the asteroid belt as well..
This is what happens when you outsource a political party and let a bunch of jhollachaps, phoreners, NGOs and wokes take over policymaking.

The NAC days were only a trailer - the real tamasha is taking place only now it seems.

Physx32

Country flag
Vietnam: They are also doing screw driver giri. They are benefitting from being near to China especially more so being near to their electronic manfacturing hubs like Shenzen. How many parts supplier they have for OEM's? Well you won't find many. They sure have skilled talent at the bottom to absorb manufacturing/assembling but not much at the top. Moreover, it is a country of just 100 million so there is not much economies of scale. At some point very soon their labor will become expensive. Look at their debacle with Vinfast cars.

Bangladesh: Don't make me laugh. They will not be able to upgrade from underwear manufacturing anytime soon. Even that underwear manufacturing is only happening because of GSP status given by EU and the cotton supplied by India. Electronics require totally different environment. Just cheap labor alone will not lure OEM's.

South East Asia: Yes, they are already successful to an extent. Most of the electric trimmers/shavers I use come from Indonesia. The parts might come from elsewhere but they are having some success but only at their lower level. Succeeding at making big ticket electronic items like Smart phones, TV's, Audio systems, Laptops, PCs are long way off.

India has skilled labor at the top to offer talent and support although we are lagging in Semiconductor manufacturing. Now that there is already Micron OSAT is under construction and soon hopefully we will have a 28nm node fab, we will be in a unique position to offer far more than any country. We already have chip design talent in house.

Because of Micron OSAT more companies are showing interest in OSAT plants. And with Indian companies also getting into semiconductor industry we will see visible change by 2030.
Bro, we were talking about textile industry. I'm saying that PM MITRA scheme is too slow and should be fastracked to achieve $100B textile export in FY26 instead of 2030.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
View attachment 241659

Posting in full.....

They can promise mining the asteroid belt as well..
India will universally collapse to Bihar and WB levels if congress comes back in the centre. They don't have even one iota of Narasimha Rao era wisdom left. It'll be hard for even opposing state governments to counteract such rot emanating from the center, similar to how license Raj from the center ruined the entire country despite federalism.

These are truly Venezuela level policies, and we know what happened to that country in a short amount of time after implementing them.

SKC

Country flag
That is what worries me. Instead of moving to other states, they will simply leave India, and it has happened in the past when we lost over 70% of the voice and call center business to the Philippines.
We are well past that stage.

We were threatened that all KPO/BPO will move to Philippines during 2010-12 era. Nothing happened. They can talk with US accent, but they lack the technical and troubleshooting skills we have.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles