Indian diplomat arrested, handcuffed in US for visa fraud

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I am thinking that you are missing the point and ignoring the viewpoints of all the sides in a fairway. The GOI and even the United Nation and also many American commentators have commented and you can see from the articles above.

Another good thing that everyone has got from this is the Indian Diplomats in USA will be treated differently and also people have realized that the USA Diplomats in India were treated differently. I am sure they will treat each others diplomats with more care and standard and attention in the future which is a good thing. There is after-all some say domestic servants of Indian Diplomats in USA at this moment.
I have read your sober and comprehensive post in its entirety and only deleted the middle part to save space in my response. I agree there is room for both sides in the debate to acknowledge valid points made on the other side.

I started out in this thread by questioning the drama surrounding the DK arrest, which, it seemed to me was elicited with the purpose of swamping the legal issues with feigned outrage. Few responses to my posts have shown the restraint that your has. I am only interested in facts and a resolution to the unfortunate affair.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
All that you wrote, without DK being present in court?
I have said from the beginning that I believed DK should confront her accusers in court. Surely she could find a better lawyer than Arshak.

I am ignorant of the plea negotiation issue, I must admit.
A war of words appeared to darken the prospects of an early resolution in the case of Devyani Khobragade (39), with the senior Indian diplomat's lawyer lashing out at the "public characterisation" of secret negotiations between the two sides as a "plea" bargain, a term some may associate with defendants guilty of criminal acts.
Distressingly calculated, says Devyani lawyer - The Hindu

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Who knows who from USA has immunity? If CIA contractor can have immunity, then why it is a far stretch for a former lawmaker to have one?
Remember Raymond Davis?
Can we stay with DK here? Or are you testing my ability to multi-task?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I can't help it. My replies morphs the quality of the post I am replying to and acts as a mirror to reflect back the quality.

If my replies are amateurish and attention seeking, then your post to which I am replying to are to blame.

Try posting a serious post and see whether my replies change or not. :eyebrows:
Really? You must be a good subject for hypnosis.

Try having a conversation with a fish and work your way up from that.

Last edited:

thethinker

Country flag
I told pmaitra he should leave US if he believed it ruled by bandits. Once again, my words are deliberately distorted.

The rest of your post is just more indication of the mental derangement I encounter here. And has nothing to do with the DK affair.

Let me share a personal experience with the Indian temperament. Years ago I was a project officer with a federal agency. We had contracts set aside for minorities, including those of "East Indian descent." I awarded a contract to a firm whose principal was an NRI, a highly educated and privileged person, to produce a document on the subject of health effects of air pollution. The contract required review of his product by agency scientists. Those reviews were not laudatory. I called a meeting to resolve the issues. This NRI fellow showed up and immediately went on the offensive, saying, "How dare these people (the reviewers) say these stinking things about me!" Clearly he was not interested in performing what was required by the contract, but rather in distracting from his shortcomings.

Similarly, DK, enabled by her employer GoI, when asked to respond to respond to accusations of wrongdoing took that path with their version of "How dare these people say these stinking things about me!" She thought she could blow off the US legal system and ended up getting arrested through her own arrogance and stubborness.

Following her arrest, then, their only option was the martyrdom in the press. There you have it.

As I follow the story in the press, I see many Indians having good sense not to swallow the GoI story. That makes me happy.
Allow me to understand what you mean when you say :

"There are millions who would like to replace your wretched, ingrate self and be happy to do so. "

As far as mental derangement goes, it has been clear ever since this thread started that you are brushing all Indians including the diplomat based on your limited experiences, facts not withstanding. Your distorted and mocking posts after the arrest, also deliberate derailment attempts are a testimony to the fact that you would not ever think what if this time US is in the wrong.

Also,just because you had a "negative experience with a NRI" doesn't imply that the whole diplomat arrest incident is of same tone. The world doesn't fit to your views, the foreign trade relations and diplomatic affairs certainly don't. This is a complex case and not clear cut as your biased mind and your media depicts.

All I can see from your posts is that you are more and more like the "proud Stormfront folks" who fail to ever see that the world doesn't really revolve around them and around "US - land of the brave and free".

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Surprised to see the Indian ultra-nationalists' nest is still active after all this time. Must be a lonely job Mr. Ewald? Well, I tried my best.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
What's in a name Mr. Ewald, comment on the content of the article of George Friedman. And not him. And it would be inline with what you wrote in the quote above.

Poor man can stand by your words for a single response.

==========================

Coming to above quote. Your feeling of worthwhile doesn't make it worthwhile. Content of it makes it worthwhile. Content of any of the comments doesn't have any legal basis. How readers feel about a incident doesn't determine whether what has happened is correct or not.

It's a justification that a man clutching at straws gives.

People feel that she is corrupt doesn't make her one.

Nor does your assumption that she doesn't love her kids as because she hired a nanny make her love her kids any less.

==================================

DK is back in India, whether now the case is closed or it fizzles away is of little importance to us.

Her humiliation is a lesson well learnt for us and depending on how hard the feeling is, revenge might be taken.

But, don't complain to your Govt. about raising taxes as your govt. has 4 more mouths to feed.

Enjoy :taunt1:

Also, send condolences to PB and his team. His moralistic speech about justice for all and equality for all met with premature death.

Also, there are 14 more maids who aren't paid minimum wages, tell your DoS to catch the diplomats if they can.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Your govt. turned out to be a bunch of pussies.
Throw stuff at the wall til something sticks is your tactic of the moment, I see. Don't you have some homework to do?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I'm surprised I can already post. But I'm already a graduate. I'll just wait for the US Court ruling on the case of Madam DK.

ladder

Country flag
I have said from the beginning that I believed DK should confront her accusers in court. Surely she could find a better lawyer than Arshak.

I am ignorant of the plea negotiation issue, I must admit.

Distressingly calculated, says Devyani lawyer - The Hindu
I have said again and again India will not let her to be subjected to US jurisdiction.

It happens that you haven't read the posts of @JMM99. The whole think both defense and prosecution are arguing is whether US courts have jurisdiction.

Even if respected court decides that it has jurisdiction, and that trial should proceed on it's merit, it cannot proceed without DK being present.

So, for all practical purposes, this criminal case isn't moving forward.

SR can move a civil suit against DK which can proceed without DK being present but again depends upon if court's permission.

So, India which accuses USA of breaching it's obligation of VCCR, would allow DK to voluntarily present herself to US court and thereby accept US jurisdiction and subjugation of Indian justice system which has barred SR from seeking legal remedy outside India?

Do, design your believes based on facts, otherwise it will seem to other as fantasy.

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Allow me to understand what you mean when you say :

"There are millions who would like to replace your wretched, ingrate self and be happy to do so. "

As far as mental derangement goes, it has been clear ever since this thread started that you are brushing all Indians including the diplomat based on your limited experiences, facts not withstanding. Your distorted and mocking posts after the arrest, also deliberate derailment attempts are a testimony to the fact that you would not ever think what if this time US is in the wrong.

Also,just because you had a "negative experience with a NRI" doesn't imply that the whole diplomat arrest incident is of same tone. The world doesn't fit to your views, the foreign trade relations and diplomatic affairs certainly don't. This is a complex case and not clear cut as your biased mind and your media depicts.

All I can see from your posts is that you are more and more like the "proud Stormfront folks" who fail to ever see that the world doesn't really revolve around them and around "US - land of the brave and free".
thethinker is not thinking. I am not the nazi here, if you get my meaning.

"There are millions who would like to replace your wretched, ingrate self and be happy to do so."

That just a fact, Jack.

Got anything new of the DK affair, or we gonna keep at this nonsense?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I have said again and again India will not let her to be subjected to US jurisdiction.

It happens that you haven't read the posts of @JMM99. The whole think both defense and prosecution are arguing is whether US courts have jurisdiction.

Even if respected court decides that it has jurisdiction, and that trial should proceed on it's merit, it cannot proceed without DK being present.

So, for all practical purposes, this criminal case isn't moving forward.

SR can move a civil suit against DK which can proceed without DK being present but again depends upon if court's permission.

So, India which accuses USA of breaching it's obligation of VCCR, would allow DK to voluntarily present herself to US court and thereby accept US jurisdiction and subjugation of Indian justice system which has barred SR from seeking legal remedy outside India?

Do, design your believes based on facts, otherwise it will seem to other as fantasy.
I question your quoting JMM99 as an authority. He could be anybody, you know.

As for your saying something again and again? Does repetition produce veracity?

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I'm surprised I can already post. But I'm already a graduate. I'll just wait for the US Court ruling on the case of Madam DK.
What would impede a post from you - - were you banned?

However, I believe the concensus here is that any US court ruling would not apply to DK.

thethinker

Country flag
Ewald's logic in a nutshell :

a) Indians have an arrogant and stubborn temparament.

b)Devyani is an Indian.

c)So yes, the arrest makes sense as she too would have been like that.

Good job Mr. Ewald. :thumb:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Surprised to see the Indian ultra-nationalists' nest is still active after all this time. Must be a lonely job Mr. Ewald? Well, I tried my best.
You and Boris fell on your swords for me :) Or their swords.

I now keep this thread in a mental compartment separate from DFI.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What would impede a post from you - - were you banned?

However, I believe the concensus here is that any US court ruling would not apply to DK.

Yes I was banned by our good friend mod pmaitra at the height of the DK brouhaha. He said I was trolling, flame baiting and generally my posts were not in accordance with rules. I guess you know what I mean. Anyway, the good thing is that I seem to have gotten over my compulsion to participate in this kind of forum.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Yes I was banned by our good friend mod pmaitra at the height of the DK brouhaha. He said I was trolling, flame baiting and generally my posts were not in accordance with rules. I guess you know what I mean. Anyway, the good thing is that I seem to have gotten over my compulsion to participate in this kind of forum.
Nobody will emerge from this thread looking good :-(

ladder

Country flag
Can we stay with DK here? Or are you testing my ability to multi-task?
Throw stuff at the wall til something sticks is your tactic of the moment, I see. Don't you have some homework to do?
I didn't know that you couldn't multitask. But, still weighing between the former lawmaker and CIA contractor, I think that if the latter has immunity, then former should have it. Isn't it?

And Raymond Davis is a prerequisite to understand DK.

=================================

I don't know about you but I am multitasking at the moment. Replying to you and doing my homework.:sad:

The witch of a lady, my teacher at American Embassy School, has given me a lot of work. She has given me work to calculate the amount of her tax default and interest for the last 24 years.

She then, gave me extra work ( which I wouldn't tell you ;) ) when I mentioned that she would get enough time in the jail to calculate her tax stuff. :rofl:

Poor me, should have kept quite.:rofl:

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You and Boris fell on your swords for me :) Or their swords.

I now keep this thread in a mental compartment separate from DFI.

That was before you went all out. Now it's your turn. I'm amazed though that you're still standing. It must be our (Asian) general respect for the elders that's keeping you immune from my fate... :laugh:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
That was before you went all out. Now it's your turn. I'm amazed though that you're still standing. It must be our (Asian) general respect for the elders that's keeping you immune from my fate... :laugh:
If what I am getting is respect, what would elder abuse look like?

Seriously, some of my posts have been deleted, but I don't object to mods doing their job.

ladder, happy and roma have beseeched the mods to ban me so maybe I'm on thin ice - - who knows?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I don't know about you but I am multitasking at the moment. Replying to you and doing my homework.:sad:

The witch of a lady, my teacher at American Embassy School, has given me a lot of work. She has given me work to calculate the amount of her tax default and interest for the last 24 years.

She then, gave me extra work ( which I wouldn't tell you ;) ) when I mentioned that she would get enough time in the jail to calculate her tax stuff. :rofl:

Poor me, should have kept quiet.:rofl:
Wait a minute. Is she exploiting you and at the same time giving you an opportunity to blackmail her?

Seriously, if she is requiring personal services from you regarding her tax situation, it is an ethical issue for both of you. The School should have a procedure to address that.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles