Indian diplomat arrested, handcuffed in US for visa fraud

ladder

Country flag
Really? You must be a good subject for hypnosis.

Try having a conversation with a fish and work your way up from that.
:argue::argue::argue::argue::argue:

I will take your advise only if it is based on your personal experience.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
:argue::argue::argue::argue::argue:

I will take your advise only if it is based on your personal experience.
Try this. Catch a fish and hold him up to your face. Using the power of your mind, make him smile.

If the fish makes you start opening and closing your mouth, well ...

ladder

Country flag
I question your quoting JMM99 as an authority. He could be anybody, you know.

As for your saying something again and again? Does repetition produce veracity?
Agreed JMM99 is no authority. But, his posts here address the legal aspect of DK case. So, I referred you to his post for reference.

I never claimed that he is right in his assessments in his posts. And I would not do that.

=========================================

Repetition signifies that your believes have been replied to with ground realities.

ladder

Country flag
Try this. Catch a fish and hold him up to your face. Using the power of your mind, make him smile.

If the fish makes you start opening and closing your mouth, well ...
Is this too coming from personal experience? Did it work for you?

ladder

Country flag
Wait a minute. Is she exploiting you and at the same time giving you an opportunity to blackmail her?

Seriously, if she is requiring personal services from you regarding her tax situation, it is an ethical issue for both of you. The School should have a procedure to address that.
Yes I am boxed. Her husband is the school's principal.:rolleyes:

ladder

Country flag
Surprised to see the Indian ultra-nationalists' nest is still active after all this time. Must be a lonely job Mr. Ewald? Well, I tried my best.
I'm surprised I can already post. But I'm already a graduate. I'll just wait for the US Court ruling on the case of Madam DK.
Ah, I missed the opportunity to re-welcome you. Btw welcome back.

pmaitra

I am stunned and without words at your confusion about how the world works. Terrorists don't sign agreements, they murder their opponents.
I was not trying to get into a classification as to who a terrorist is.

All I am saying is whether international law, i.e. VCCR and VCDR, should be respected or not. Should I take the liberty to assume that you are saying that it is ok if international law is violated by the US?

This was not a mistake by the US DoS. It was a willful and malicious violation. India formally informed the US about the wage relationship about the maid, which is exactly what Article 47 of VCCR says, which you have conveniently misrepresented as "Indian Ambassador ignored US." Even after that, the US DoS did what it did.

DK and her handlers were imprudent in ignoring DoS request for a meeting and should have not been surprised by her arrest 3 months later.
If you keep levelling false accusations against India, I will continue to counter it. India clearly explained, in its response (no, India did not ignore it), that it is none of US' business to determine how much SR should paid. This is consistent with Article 47 of VCCR (which the US violated).

So, instead of saying "ignoring DoS' request," I say, "India refused to toe the US line," and the arrogants in US DoS decided to teach India a lesson.

If the statement that India "ignored" US DoS' request is repeated again and again, people will get the impression that India did "ignore" US DoS' request, when the truth is that India responded to the US DoS' request.
So, let's end this charade of "upholding the law" and "being law abiding," and say, the US has 51,000 odd nuclear warheads and so it can violate international law, and the rest of the world has to put up with it. At least that would be honest.

I'll tell you something - respect is commanded, not demanded.

pmaitra

Surprised to see the Indian ultra-nationalists' nest is still active after all this time. Must be a lonely job Mr. Ewald? Well, I tried my best.
This is an Indian Forum, and Indians have a sacred duty to stand by their nation, and the same duty is acknowledged for @W.G.Ewald.

You must bear in mind that there is no place for trolling. If you want to join an anti-India forum, this is not the right place. You are being warned not to make inflammatory comments, ad hominem attacks, or false accusations. There will be no margin of error afforded to you.

Now, this post below already qualifies for one infraction. You know why you were infracted. Check your inbox. If I see any further petulance, you will get one point for that, and one for the post below. Treat this as a Prayer for Judgment Continued. Good luck!

Yes I was banned by our good friend mod pmaitra at the height of the DK brouhaha. He said I was trolling, flame baiting and generally my posts were not in accordance with rules. I guess you know what I mean. Anyway, the good thing is that I seem to have gotten over my compulsion to participate in this kind of forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Who is being hysterical here calling an individual a wretched, ingrate self and attacking him on a personal level, asking him to leave "your" country?
I told pmaitra he should leave US if he believed it ruled by bandits. Once again, my words are deliberately distorted.
To both the correspondents:

• I am under no obligation to leave for expressing my views, as long as the First Amendment to the US Constitution is worth its salt.
  • I am neither Sangeeta Richard, nor her brood, and I did not arrive in the US on some "mercy VISA;" neither am I a recipient of US government dole. I am a tax payer. Millions of Indians live and work in the US, pay taxes, including Social Security taxes, while not being entitled to it. Indians in return earn forex (foreign exchange) for the Indian economy. So, no one is an ingrate, and no one is doing the other a favour. Both Indians, and the US, benefit from this arrangement, and that is why it exists. This is not a charity from either side. I am also legally entitled to federal subsidies under ObamaCare, or Affordable Care Act, but I am proud to state that I have, so far refused to take a single penny from the US government.
  • I do not despise the US people. I have received help from many Americans and will always be thankful to them. My opinion is about the US government, not the people.
  • While in the US, I have a duty of obedience to US laws, but no duty of loyalty. My loyalty is with my flag.
  • People say a lot of things at the heat of the moment. I am not going to give it more importance that it deserves. No further discussion on this. Let's focus on the message, not the messenger.

Compersion

Country flag
I have read your sober and comprehensive post in its entirety and only deleted the middle part to save space in my response. I agree there is room for both sides in the debate to acknowledge valid points made on the other side.

I started out in this thread by questioning the drama surrounding the DK arrest, which, it seemed to me was elicited with the purpose of swamping the legal issues with feigned outrage. Few responses to my posts have shown the restraint that your has. I am only interested in facts and a resolution to the unfortunate affair.
I am sure that you will appreciate and also it can be approved through your inspection of the forum here that Indians are also interested in fact and a resolution to the unfortunate affair. Because you are able to realise the points that other side is making the same can be said of Indians and that is fair and that is how it ought to be. But you will appreciate that you do not get that easily in the world today. There are many many relationships with other countries because of history and also background where there is a predisposition within them to take a natural unconstructive, harmful and denial approach to the other-side. Because Americans and also Indians are able to listen and appreciate what the other side is saying is one reason why this affair "cooled down" and also has the good sense of being resolved in a positive manner.

I appreciate what the other Indian members are saying here and I support them also some of them have been in this thread since the inception and have a very good understanding of the nuts and bolts. Some might get angry in the heat of the moment but they are not bad and nasty and they do not mean ill towards anyone i am sure. They are patriotic like you to your flag and that is burning inside them is how could the United States do such a thing - alas the proper channel for discussion on this and resolution was not used by both countries. We are not mindless and do have a proper and mature legal system that is based on the same principles of the united states.

Because of the way you and i can talk it symbolizes why this whole affair got further inflamed because it made everyone wonder how the heck did this happen between India and United States - it is a anomaly some say it was not expected. There are supposed to be people like you and i that deal with these situations in the MEA and DOS. I can say there are people with the mindset like you and i that deal with these situation in the MEA and DOS (upper leadership(s)) and that is a good thing.

Thats why i repeat this is not a reflection on American and Americans it was a failure of the processes and it ought to not have happen in the first place. The Indians reacted strongly which i am sure you will appreciate from a fair mind the americans would have done the same. Because the response is based on principle and upholding what is right.

Also if this had happened to the Americans by India everyone would question why with shock its not ordinary and customary behavior between India and America especially with the potential this relationship can do for the world and region. And that is why India has not acted against the teachers and also further inflamed the situation.

We have to now wait for the judgement on the motion to dismiss. I am sure you and i and many Indians and Americans are looking ahead to that and wanting it to move in a positive direction in the future.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional

ladder

Country flag
OT here.

Even if clarified by USA that FAA safety downgrade wasn't linked to DK episode. And India didn't make a loud noise about it.

India has responded inline with the flavor of the season that is as western media calls it 'retaliation'.

'SOFA' to land foreign airlines in tough spot - Mumbai Mirror

==================

I have a feeling if the ratings aren't restored soon by FAA, Air India will put on hold the Dream-liner contract. ( Or delay it by one year or two.)

American carrier United Airlines' plane grounded at Mumbai airport

- See more at: American carrier United Airlines' plane grounded at Mumbai airport - News

A Boeing 777 aircraft of American carrier United Airlines was grounded at Mumbai airport on Thursday night after engineers found that its right engine cover was badly damaged, official sources said on Friday.

See more at: American carrier United Airlines' plane grounded at Mumbai airport - News

ladder

Country flag
OT here.

Even if clarified by USA that FAA safety downgrade wasn't linked to DK episode. And India didn't make a loud noise about it.

India has responded inline with the flavor of the season that is as western media calls it 'retaliation'.

'SOFA' to land foreign airlines in tough spot - Mumbai Mirror

==================

I have a feeling if the ratings aren't restored soon by FAA, Air India will put on hold the Dream-liner contract. ( Or delay it by one year or two.)

American carrier United Airlines' plane grounded at Mumbai airport

- See more at: American carrier United Airlines' plane grounded at Mumbai airport - News

A Boeing 777 aircraft of American carrier United Airlines was grounded at Mumbai airport on Thursday night after engineers found that its right engine cover was badly damaged, official sources said on Friday.............

See more at: American carrier United Airlines' plane grounded at Mumbai airport - News

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Funny thing is the defect was found while the plane was being readied for the return flight. Great.
Why funny, if damage alleged to have occurred in Newark during take-off? Seems standard procedure.

What would not be funny would be sabotage after landing in Mumbai.

Entire article:

A Boeing 777 aircraft of American carrier United Airlines was grounded at Mumbai airport on Thursday night after engineers found that its right engine cover was badly damaged, official sources said on Friday.

The aircraft, operating flight UA-48 from Newark to Mumbai, arrived around 2200 hours on Thursday and the engineers found the right-side engine cowl badly damaged, the sources said. Cowl is the cover of an aircraft engine.

DGCA officials, who inspected the aircraft thereafter, grounded the plane, terming the damage as "major", the sources said, adding it was being suspected that the damage may have been caused during take-off.

The damage to the aircraft was found after the passengers had disembarked and the plane was being readied for the return flight, they said.

happy

Why funny, if damage alleged to have occurred in Newark during take-off? Seems standard procedure.

What would not be funny would be sabotage after landing in Mumbai.

Entire article:
Mumbai: DGCA grounds US aircraft after detecting damage in engine

Mumbai: The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on Thursday evening grounded United States carrier United Airlines' aircraft in Mumbai after finding major damage in its engine cover. According to sources in DGCA, the aircraft is damaged and that the craft's lower cowl is missing. However, the airline has said that cowl is intact but merely damaged.

This comes after the US Federal Aviation Authority had downgraded Indian civil aviation to category 2 in aviation safety. US downgraded Indian Civil aviation three weeks ago subjecting its airlines to extensive checks. This downgrade means that Indian carriers will not be able to add flights to US and they can be held up indefinitely for checks.

Sources have suggested that the DGCA is also acting tough in retaliation.
Good. America can dance as long as it likes. We will match them step for step. This is what we convey.

pmaitra

A damaged aircraft, whether of Air India in New York, or of American Airlines in Mumbai, if damaged, should be grounded, and repaired. At least, a potential crash was averted.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles