Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkhanna

Country flag
We are using 7.62 caliber for troop level.
M2 machine gun which is of 50 cal for gaurd post ( less in number , most of posts are gaurded by insas LMG or 7.62 Cal Guns.
Remaining calibers are deployed on battle tank.
Must be from within the last two years, based on new helmets...
Video Without watermark
Pretty old encounter I got some pics
most probably 12 FEB 2017 FRISAL ENCOUNTER

Is it just me or does the M4 Look much more easier to wield than the Tavor.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Is it just me or does the M4 Look much more easier to wield than the Tavor.
I was never a fan of Bullpup Designs.
Weilding M4 is much easier than Tavor.

You can't do this with tavor. Plz I am not saying its correct way to fire a weapon ( picture).
Sometimes forces come across such situation where they have to give cover fire / suppressive fire. If Operator has Ordinary rifle ( Ak47 or Insas or M4) he can give cover fire as shown in figure. Body hidden behind nice cover , raise your weapon and shoot in direction of enemies.
If Operator has Bullpup , he has to fire using iron sights or scopes. Because Bullpup has mechanism working behind trigger , gun's butt will push down a bit. If he squeezes trigger bullet will be shot in sky because there is no shoulder support , barrel will rise.
Its easier and quicker to load M4 or AKM than Bullpup.

Enquirer

You can't do this with tavor. Plz I am not saying its correct way to fire a weapon ( picture).
Sometimes forces come across such situation where they have to give cover fire / suppressive fire. If Operator has Ordinary rifle ( Ak47 or Insas or M4) he can give cover fire as shown in figure. Body hidden behind nice cover , raise your weapon and shoot in direction of enemies.
If Operator has Bullpup , he has to fire using iron sights or scopes. Because Bullpup has mechanism working behind trigger , gun's butt will push down a bit. If he squeezes trigger bullet will be shot in sky because there is no shoulder support , barrel will rise.
Physics doesn't support your hypothesis!
With a bullpup design, the soldier will only need to support the butt end with his left hand - and he gets a very stable firing line! The 'rise' is bullpup is not much because the trigger grip is pretty close to the open end of the barrel.

In fact the pic that you posted (non-bullpup) will actually have a more uncontrollable 'rise'.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Bull pups are inherently more ergonomic than a traditional rifle layout. The Tavor in Particular has beautiful weight distribution meaning it can be held one handed in an elevated position for extended period a of time. A traditional rifle on the other hand is extremely front-heavy so there’s more strain caused in those circumstances.

Bull pups will also tend to be more accurate as they can house a longer barrel in a comparable total length body- the Tavor is renowned for its accuracy as compared to the AK and M4 series.

As for loading, if you’re a professional soldier and you aren’t drilling in how to load/reload your weapon as quickly as possible as a reflex then you are a disgrace. You can’t blame this on the rifle design, it’s possible to have comparable speeds if you drill properly.

And your point about firing over your head being an advantage. ANY professional will tell you this is totally totally unacceptable and NEVER a legitimate tactic. Never point your gun without knowing where the rounds will go. That’s the first rule of firearms safety.

Flame Thrower

Bull pups are inherently more ergonomic than a traditional rifle layout. The Tavor in Particular has beautiful weight distribution meaning it can be held one handed in an elevated position for extended period a of time. A traditional rifle on the other hand is extremely front-heavy so there’s more strain caused in those circumstances.

Bull pups will also tend to be more accurate as they can house a longer barrel in a comparable total length body- the Tavor is renowned for its accuracy as compared to the AK and M4 series.

As for loading, if you’re a professional soldier and you aren’t drilling in how to load/reload your weapon as quickly as possible as a reflex then you are a disgrace. You can’t blame this on the rifle design, it’s possible to have comparable speeds if you drill properly.

And your point about firing over your head being an advantage. ANY professional will tell you this is totally totally unacceptable and NEVER a legitimate tactic. Never point your gun without knowing where the rounds will go. That’s the first rule of firearms safety.
Bullpups are not inheritanty more ergonomic, in fact the opposite is true because of weight distribution. As the gun is fired, the bullets emptying magazine will change the CG of the gun. This is one of the major disadvantages of Bullpups. Generally shooter's ability will try to overcome this issue not the gun design. Though there are more things when it comes to ergonomics, weight distribution is certainly a disadvantage of Bullpups.

Any gun expert will say that accuracy of the gun has nothing to do with the barrel length. Longer barrel length with short gun length has advantage in the urban or more in CQB style fights. Longer barrel gives bullet more velocity, not accuracy. A bullet leaving from 20" barrel has more velocity than 16" barrel.

Apart from these two things, I agree with rest of your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles