Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkhanna

Country flag
He had his weapon out during the course of a detention. It’s perfeftly under comtrol of the officer. How else would you propose this is done? The officer go armed with pepper spray?
How ever you want to slice and dice this - this is bad tactics and an accident waiting to happen.

Ideally (like the Israelis) you would work in 2 man teams. One covering with a gun from afar and the second doing the restraining with the first action being to cuff the suspect.

Look - I am no cop / I am not there / I am just another ahole on the internet so doesn't really matter - but common sense dictates that the above is a bad situation to be in for a policeman

The suspects hands are free to grapple with the cop and within reach of the Gun .

In a flash of an eye way too many things could go wrong

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag
Maaf karde bhai, aap mahan ho!
:facepalm:
While you sarcasm is much appreciated have you ever wondered why police (in many parts of the world - including India ) have wires / strings attached to their gun to their belt ? For the exact reason that just in the off chance a suspect you are trying to detain manages to take your fire arm.

Fact is - in the "fog of battle" shit happens. Proper Training helps minimise the consequeses of said "shit"

It's part and parcel of indian police training manual btw .

rkhanna

Country flag
@NeXoft007
@ezsasa
Much ado about nothing!! Apparently, it was a toy gun to scare away the rest of the crowd while they nabbed the key culprits.
(Not sure why the newspapers have revealed that it was a toy gun - next time the fellow stone pelters might try to rescue their ring leader!)
Fairnenough - didn't read this post

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Nah. There’s ample evidence that even within units and sub-units there is a lack of commonality and uniformity. I think I know pretty well by now how to differentiate NSG Fromm CRPF, RR Fromm SOG etc.
There is no difference in the uniforms worn by troops within sub units and units of the Army. These are centrally procured from the Ordnance depots and issued to troops. However, there may be some differences in the uniforms worn by officers as they are generally locally purchased.

However, uniforms for CRPF etc are not centrally procured but have their own system of local purchase and thus there may be some differences between units.

abingdonboy

Country flag
There is no difference in the uniforms worn by troops within sub units and units of the Army. These are centrally procured from the Ordnance depots and issued to troops. However, there may be some differences in the uniforms worn by officers as they are generally locally purchased.

However, uniforms for CRPF etc are not centrally procured but have their own system of local purchase and thus there may be some differences between units.
Bro just look for yourself in the post above. No two soldiers the same, some are wearing patkas, some are wearing ACHs with covers, some are wearing black ACHs some jokers are even wearing tracksuits!

This is an utter shambles and indefensible

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
and what if the idiot he his hugging puts his finger in the trigger guard? Which cop goes and rolls around with a perp with a gun in his hand? what if he gets overpowered?
Instead of lethal weapons ,use of non lethal ones like tazers or stun guns assisted with bursting of stun grenades or smoke bombs to cause diversion and give cover for extraction was more safe.Anyway lets hope the active will get refined in the following days.Atleast they are changing the age old tactics and improvising.Thats a good sign.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Bro just look for yourself in the post above. No two soldiers the same, some are wearing patkas, some are wearing ACHs with covers, some are wearing black ACHs some jokers are even wearing tracksuits!

This is an utter shambles and indefensible
Are you meaning this guy with the track suit and Patka?

He's from the CRPF not Army! :smile:

But I agree with you that the quality of uniforms supplied to units by the Ordnance sucks! Period! The MGO needs to be hauled up for this! But getting the Directorate General of Ordnance Services to move its ass is a herculean task! :mad2:

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
@NeXoft007
@ezsasa
Much ado about nothing!! Apparently, it was a toy gun to scare away the rest of the crowd while they nabbed the key culprits.
(Not sure why the newspapers have revealed that it was a toy gun - next time the fellow stone pelters might try to rescue their ring leader!)
Next time it would be a real gun that goes bang bang :D
Its nice when we keep a few tricks for escalation for later .Aint it?

Prestitutes will be happy that they got a twist in the story.

The Indian army who didnt even wink before tying up a pelter in front of a jeep and paraded him,wouldnt mind firing a few shots at the pelters, which is the right kind of treatment for these traitors of J&K.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
The Indian army who didnt even wink before tying up a pelter in front of a jeep and paraded him,wouldnt mind firing a few shots at the pelters, which is the right kind of treatment for these traitors of J&K.
But then the Leftists, the pseudo seculars, the HR bimbos and the Lutyens brigade will go berserk on TV and create an unending shindig that could result in short circuiting not only our TV sets but our brain cells too! :smash:

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Are you meaning this guy with the track suit and Patka?

He's from the CRPF not Army! :smile:

But I agree with you that the quality of uniforms supplied to units by the Ordnance sucks! Period! The MGO needs to be hauled up for this! But getting the Directorate General of Ordnance Services to move its ass is a herculean task! :mad2:
Army RR QRT . They wear black unifrom. CRPF uses Bulgarian Arsenal M1f41 rifles and not the Romanian AK in kashmir.

devhensh

Fairnenough - didn't read this post
I am almost 99% sure that it's a REAL Berretta 92FS Inox (Stainless Steel) version.

It looks too well made/real to be an imitation. I have held and fired a Berretta 92 in ranges here and it's a very well made gun to be imitated. Entire pistol is made of metal, with lots of intricate machining...unlike a plastic gun like Glock, which can be easily replicated by producing a good quality moulding.....but i can be wrong !!!

Craigs

Country flag
I am almost 99% sure that it's a REAL Berretta 92FS Inox (Stainless Steel) version.

It looks too well made/real to be an imitation. I have held and fired a Berretta 92 in ranges here and it's a very well made gun to be imitated. Entire pistol is made of metal, with lots of intricate machining...unlike a plastic gun like Glock, which can be easily replicated by producing a good quality moulding.....but i can be wrong !!!
Why will a line policeman carry such a high quality weapon? What possible advantage does that give him in CQB?

devhensh

Why will a line policeman carry such a high quality weapon? What possible advantage does that give him in CQB?
Two things ! Firstly, the guy most likely is NOT a Line Policeman....He most probably is from JK police SOG....and the SOG is a elite force which has access to lot of expensive and exclusive weapon systems....

Secondly, Berretta 92FS, is not an expensive pistol at all by today's standards....it's outdated and superseded by Glocks almost everywhere (including US Military and Police forces)....US miltary dumped the Beretta and adaopted the SIG M17 as their service pistol recently and by then millions of Berettas were made and are circulating all over world.....so not a expensive or hard pistol to source by a top Tier force...

devhensh

The news report is saying it's an imitation gun not the real one.
I never say that any news agegy / anybody is wrong and i am right.....I just use logic and experience...

Can a leader of an elite unit motivate or order his subordinate to enter a hostile mob and subdue a stone pelter unarmed or with a toy gun ? What if they turn on him ....he would be lynched? what is his last resort ?

Enquirer

I never say that any news agegy / anybody is wrong and i am right.....I just use logic and experience...

Can a leader of an elite unit motivate or order his subordinate to enter a hostile mob and subdue a stone pelter unarmed or with a toy gun ? What if they turn on him ....he would be lynched? what is his last resort ?
The way I see it is:

The gun's(or toy's) purpose is not to fire at the mob to cause casualties but to scare them away (for few seconds); there's a chance that the cop maybe overpowered by the mob and the gun/toy snatched from him - at which point it could be used to instantly kill the cop (if it were a real gun). Remember, the stone pelters don't ever carry guns.

Regarding your fear about the cop getting lynched by the mob, it's unlikely that that would happen. Because this operation (of snatching the stone pelter from behind) happens with the real cops in uniform being (literally) at a stone's throw from the mob. The cops in uniform close in quickly after the ring leader is nabbed. If it were a covert operation far away from the security force contingent then I agree that it absolutely has to be a real gun.

The job of the undercover cop here is just to 'detain' the ring leader for few seconds (& prevent his quick escape) before the cops in uniform run in to arrest him.

I am not saying that I am absolutely certain that it's a toy gun, but only that the use of toy gun would be perfectly rational, safe & effective.

Craigs

Country flag
Two things ! Firstly, the guy most likely is NOT a Line Policeman....He most probably is from JK police SOG....and the SOG is a elite force which has access to lot of expensive and exclusive weapon systems....

Secondly, Berretta 92FS, is not an expensive pistol at all by today's standards....it's outdated and superseded by Glocks almost everywhere (including US Military and Police forces)....US miltary dumped the Beretta and adaopted the SIG M17 as their service pistol recently and by then millions of Berettas were made and are circulating all over world.....so not a expensive or hard pistol to source by a top Tier force...
My question is about quality not cost. In this situation when the cop is in mufti and infiltrating stone throwers why is he carrying something like this. Doesn't it make more sense to carry a cheap "burner" so that he is not held responsible even if it gets lost. Objective should be to scare so something that makes a lot of noise is good enough - even a desi kata will do and it will also help in keeping his identity secret. And besides the way the photo is taken the photo reporter was close by. Tells me this is probably a staged shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles