Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNDiAN.96

Troll Soldier
Country flag
Nope, try again :)

No, it is an AKM clone, I suspect, by RFI, with a Bulgarian or Hungarian AKM style folding stock.
Looks like it's my time to go out of this thread. :) Enough knowledge for today.

With one round. With multiple .......

I'm a Brit, through and through ie born and bred. Invited on here by some others who went onto a Brit mil website.
Good to know that. Hope you loved Queen's entry with James Bond. :D For me that was the best part. sorry for being off-topic.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Meant to ask before but distracted by L4, why the bump caps? Why not helmets or field caps?

Don't the Indian Army have any subdued stripes for their NCO's?
That is not a NCO but a Officer..

You mean Patka ? that is Indian Version of Battle Helmet, Its very popular in CT ops..

No it wasn't me and I've never served in the Indian army. However, as I have repeatedly said I've fired the L4 numerous times and frankly your defense of him is shameless.No it doesn't.
It doesn't matter really, As i told before he know what is he doing and you cant judge anyone by just a glance no matter how much you are trained, the fact is that wasn't you there..

This is AK-47u right??
Bulgarian AKM / 47..

That's good, nearly half the weight. Polymers etc rather than lumps of steel. The US Rangers are using the Charlie G, always makes me wonder why we got rid of it.
Marines to in Astan using CG84mm

iNDiAN.96

Troll Soldier
Country flag
Found some info on yahoo answers:

AK-47 denotes the Automatic Rifle designed by Kalashnakov in 1947.

Very few AK-47s are made any more because it has been replaced by the AKM, which stands for AK...Modern! But it is pretty much the same thing so most people call both of them AK-47s.

Now, the Soviets saw how good our 5.56 ammo was in Vietnam, and decided to copy it by necking down the 7.62x39 to 5.45x39. (This is kinda funny because the soviets were very impressed with how deadly it was, but many of our own troops thought it wasn't deadly enough. I guess it goes to show you the grass is always greener on the other side, whatever you are getting shot at WITH is always much feared and whatever you get to shoot back at them with is always coming up short)

Anyways, this new AK in 5.45x39mm was called the AK-74.

Now a shortened version of that called the AKS-74U or sometimes written AK-74SU was created, basically the soviet versio of the M4.

Some people say that the S desingates a folding stock and the U designates a shorter barrel. However, there were plenty of AK-47s and AKMs with folding stocks that didn't get a special letter designation.

In theory someone could shorten an AK-47 in the same way and call it an AKS-47U, but to my knowledge no major manufacturer or any goverment makes such a gun.

pmaitra

^^

Soviet AKs, made by Izhmash in Udmurtia always have side-folding stocks. Some (all?) Eastern European clones have downwards folding stock.

The letter 'S' in AK-74SU only applies to Izhmash made AKs.

Added:
No, merely shortening the barrel doesn't help. Well, it would still shoot those bullets, but it won't go very far. You have to add a Krinkov brake to allow for more expansion/combustion space before the bullet leaves the muzzle, so that it can at least travel a reasonable distance. (not sure about effective range of the AK-74Us)

Scalieback

Sorry, but that is probably a toy.
Which is the reason why I posted a picture of it. To show the difference between a 'normal' barrel AK-47 clone and what MW3, Battlefield 2 etc show as a none existent firearm, albeit it is like this: AKMSU - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AFAIK, no manufacturer makes AK-47U. I daresay, there is nothing called AK-47U, unless of course, you include airsoft guns.
Nope, just the AKMSU

The two shortened variants come as AK-74U and AK-74SU.
Incorrect, see above.

Note, it is 74, not 47.
Do you teach your grandmother how to suck eggs? ;)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Indian Defence Minister Visits Kilo Force

On the second day of his visit to Jammu & Kashmir, Defence Minister AK Antony on Sunday (29 July 2012) visited a forward post in the Kupwara sector, accompanied by the Chief of Army Staff Gen Bikram Singh, Defence Secretary Shashi Kant Sharma, Northern Army Commander Lt Gen KT Parnaik and other senior military and civil officials. Antony was briefed about the infiltration pattern of militants in the sector and the measures being taken by the Army to prevent such attempts. Antony spent some time with the troops and asked about their welfare. He asked them about the quality of rations, clothing and shoes they were getting and whether they were satisfied with it. The Ministry of Defence has taken several measures in the last few years to improve the quality of supplies to the jawans posted in remote locations. The minister has since returned to New Delhi.
DPR
Chindits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles