Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
It was introduced in IA in 1999- 2000 or so but I have not seen this in large numbers, Nor CPO seems to be using it in mass.
These are issued to every infantry unit in IA, Each platoon have at-least 4-5 of these..

These are primarily issued to IA, Coz i haven't seen these in other forces..

Scalieback

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
He is not firing, But adjusting..

When fire the hand goes to the butt..

Scalieback

He is not firing, But adjusting..

When fire the hand goes to the butt..
That's an awful lot of adjusting then. Btw, when I used to line up on a target and get the L4 into my shoulder and ensure my sight picture was correct, I did it with my left hand on the butt as that is how I would fire it. There's only one reason the left hand may go into that position and he's not doing it.

Please don't credit him with something he's clearly not doing

iNDiAN.96

Troll Soldier
Country flag
Assuming you mean the Indian Army rather than the Brit shown by your flag?

The top video show's a derivative of the Bren LMG to my eyes, possibly the L4 in 7.62mm NATO? The MG1B? Bren light machine gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Equipment of the Indian Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can't have had much training as if he fired the weapon like that he'd get empty cases burning his left hand :rolleyes:
Thanks. I was asking about India only. :)

So I checked that wiki link So our army is using only 3 LMGs.

I asked for it because I am playing Call Of Duty - MW3 and love using M60E4 on it. :rofl:

Scalieback

I asked for it because I am playing Call Of Duty - MW3 and love using M60E4 on it. :rofl:
That's why the yanks went to the 'general' aka gpmg aka the FN MAG aka the M240 M240 machine gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The M60 has far too many internal parts and is basically not as good as the gpmg imo having fired (and cleaned) both and it would seem the Americans agree. As for the E4 variant, unless you're good, firing a machine gun from the hip is just a waste of ammo.

It might be okay in MW3 but the games aren't real ;)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Please don't credit him with something he's clearly not doing
That depends what he is doing, I dont see anything wrong using it for adjustment as per his need there in which he is elevating if you see it again..

Its not crediting him but it just the way he needs to keep himself in right position, I am sure that guy know what he is doing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles