Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scalieback

That depends what he is doing, I dont see anything wrong using it for adjustment as per his need there in which he is elevating if you see it again..

Its not crediting him but it just the way he needs to keep himself in right position, I am sure that guy know what he is doing..
Okay, having won competitions firing the L4, believe me you do not put your hand anywhere near there. Once it happens, you avoid it like the plague. You may put a hand there to lift it up and get a better position for the bipod, but only for a short while. He left it there long enough for me to believe (reasonably) that he isn't proficient in the use of the weapon. He'll soon learn :)

iNDiAN.96

Troll Soldier
Country flag
That's why the yanks went to the 'general' aka gpmg aka the FN MAG aka the M240 M240 machine gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The M60 has far too many internal parts and is basically not as good as the gpmg imo having fired (and cleaned) both and it would seem the Americans agree. As for the E4 variant, unless you're good, firing a machine gun from the hip is just a waste of ammo.

It might be okay in MW3 but the games aren't real ;)
Of course It's not real. I had the same thinking about it. In real if you use LMG from the hip it's hard because I think the recoil is too much in it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Okay, having won competitions firing the L4, believe me you do not put your hand anywhere near there. Once it happens, you avoid it like the plague. You may put a hand there to lift it up and get a better position for the bipod, but only for a short while. He left it there long enough for me to believe (reasonably) that he isn't proficient in the use of the weapon. He'll soon learn :)
Firing L4 is lot fun than usually with others i am sure you enjoy, On the Solider`s part, He knows what he is doing, In Infantry`s training days which is same for everyone, firing 1000rnds a day on it on regular basis, I am sure in brit army now days the training is same on LMG per guy ?, Though he knows how long enough he needs his hands there..

Scalieback

Of course It's not real. I had the same thinking about it. In real if you use LMG from the hip it's hard because I think the recoil is too much in it.
Not so much recoil, after all it's less than a rifle of the same calibre as it's heavier. More about repeated recoil and having a heavy metal lump suspended from your arms firing unaimed shots. With a sling it's easier but it's all unaimed. You'd normally only carry a short belt up to about twenty rounds folded over the top cover as well.

Minimi is easier, but again it's unaimed fire.

Why the union flag?

Scalieback

Firing L4 is lot fun than usually with others i am sure you enjoy, On the Solider`s part, He knows what he is doing, In Infantry`s training days which is same for everyone, firing 1000rnds a day on it on regular basis, I am sure in brit army now days the training is same on LMG per guy ?, Though he knows how long enough he needs his hands there..
Sorry Kunal but your unadulterated defence of him is shameful. How do you know what he is doing? Was it you? If you've fired the L4 for any period of time your hand automatically goes nowhere near the ejection opening and goes to the butt, all of the time, every time.

We don't use the L4 anymore and mostly infantry use the minimi and L7 (gpmg). Other arms use the LSW (L86A2). I haven't done basic training for eons but I've fired thousands of rounds from the L4, the L7 the L86 and hundreds from the minimi. You don't put your hands anywhere near the ejection port if you have any experience of firing an automatic weapon.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Sorry Kunal but your unadulterated defence of him is shameful. How do you know what he is doing? Was it you? If you've fired the L4 for any period of time your hand automatically goes nowhere near the ejection opening and goes to the butt, all of the time, every time.
I can ask the same question back ..

That depends on the situation and the place you are in..

Nerveless, Its your opinion on the subject and its right nothing wrong in it..

pmaitra

Meant to ask before but distracted by L4, why the bump caps? Why not helmets or field caps?

Don't the Indian Army have any subdued stripes for their NCO's?
Those are called patkas, and I believe, offer better protection to the troops, than the standard helmets used by the NATO troops.

Kunal can elaborate further.

More here:

iNDiAN.96

Troll Soldier
Country flag
Not so much recoil, after all it's less than a rifle of the same calibre as it's heavier. More about repeated recoil and having a heavy metal lump suspended from your arms firing unaimed shots. With a sling it's easier but it's all unaimed. You'd normally only carry a short belt up to about twenty rounds folded over the top cover as well.

Minimi is easier, but again it's unaimed fire.

Why the union flag?
So there is less recoil then assault rifle good to know that. :)

Union flag is there because I live here. :) What about you?

Scalieback

I can ask the same question back ..
No it wasn't me and I've never served in the Indian army. However, as I have repeatedly said I've fired the L4 numerous times and frankly your defence of him is shameless.

That depends on the situation and the place you are in..
No it doesn't. Frankly I'm beginning to wonder whether you've actually fired an automatic weapon ever.

Nerveless, Its your opinion on the subject and its right nothing wrong in it..
I'm talking from experience. Get a former Indian Army soldier on here to look at how long he keeps his hand in that position. If he agrees with you I'd be gobsmacked because it would mean your Army's drills are poor. He should agree with me. Ask Ray what he thinks.

Scalieback

These are newly issued M3 Weight is around 8kgs..
That's good, nearly half the weight. Polymers etc rather than lumps of steel. The US Rangers are using the Charlie G, always makes me wonder why we got rid of it.

pmaitra

Nope, try again :)
Sorry, but that is probably a toy.

AFAIK, no manufacturer makes AK-47U. I daresay, there is nothing called AK-47U, unless of course, you include airsoft guns.

The two shortened variants come as AK-74U and AK-74SU.

Note, it is 74, not 47.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles