Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

Jeez, it's like looking at my past. L4 LMG, Sterling SMG, steel helmet and a Pye(?) radio.
I suppose your Brens were not the same as the one you see here? Didn't they use rimmed cartridges, and a more crescent like magazine?

Scalieback

I suppose your Brens were not the same as the one you see here? Didn't they use rimmed cartridges, and a more crescent like magazine?
Bren LMG:Bren light machine gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
L4A4:
L4

A conversion of the Bren to 7.62mm NATO from 1958. Indian Army variants may be new-build, not conversions. L4 Brens can easily be identified by their different magazine. The British issue L4 magazine is of 30-round capacity and has a slight curve. The L4 magazine was interchangeable with the L1A1 SLR magazine, so the L4 Bren also can be seen fitted with straight 20-round magazines from the SLR or with the straight 30-round magazine from the Australian L2A1 or Canadian C2A1 heavy-barrel SLR. The flash suppressor was changed from the cone type of .303 variants to a slotted type similar in appearance to that used on the SLR and L7 GPMG. All L4s are chambered for 7.62×51mm NATO rimless ammunition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles