Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
No, he posted a picture of a plastic AK-47U, so I was just taking a jab at him. He didn't mention helmets, though. :D
Dear pmaitra I don't know whether it was a plastic or airsoft akmsu, I can bet you that a akmsu is a real one and had seen limited action.I am saying this with solid proof.The weapon is seen with IA and VDCs in J&K.the picture is posted in this thread.But as am browsing from from a mobile I couldn't i find or post it as a proof.AFAIK kunal had posted that pic once and had clarified to me that it was akmsu and was a captured one.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Dear pmaitra I don't know whether it was a plastic or airsoft akmsu, I can bet you that a akmsu is a real one and had seen limited action
Pmaitra is not wrong but they may not be Fav of Soldiers of some country but certainly very liked in Tangos & Manufactured in 100s to 1000s in Peshawar :D

There is little known abt them in Western Media until war in Astan..

J&K Police Special Operation Group use lots of AKMSU or Short AK..

---------------------------

They are also used in RR..

pmaitra

Dear pmaitra I don't know whether it was a plastic or airsoft akmsu, I can bet you that a akmsu is a real one and had seen limited action.I am saying this with solid proof.The weapon is seen with IA and VDCs in J&K.the picture is posted in this thread.But as am browsing from from a mobile I couldn't i find or post it as a proof.AFAIK kunal had posted that pic once and had clarified to me that it was akmsu and was a captured one.
The one ScalieBack posted is plastic.

AKMSU/AK-47U was developed as a prototype by the USSR did not enter full production or service. Perhaps those few that were made tricked away to different parts of the world?

however, in 1990 Romania developed a carbine known as the PM md. 90 based on the AKMSU
AKMSU - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AK-47 mod was/is a cottage industry in Peshawar and NWFP, as Kunal rightly said.

The ones you have seen in service were what make? Peshawar made or were they PM md. 90? I would be very surprised if they were Izhmash made.

Nice comment from YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYgd0pRXcjo

You can see why the AKs74u replaced this "thing", you cannot effectively cram a 7.62 cal into a shorty, the recoil kick just kills it as a sub machine gun but the 5.45 cal 74 from close range as intended for both, given its high rate of fire and stable(ish) recoil will cut a person in half. However the 7.62 in this short barrel when fired in single shots spaced to 1 sec per shot is still a monster killer. Back to a wall aimed at an entrance this gun drops a man full stop with one shot only
PangeaSpreads 1 year ago 3

Bhadra

Country flag
Some of the pictures are really interesting.

The hellipad hillock surrounded from all sides

The AK56 the square bullet AK74 (I may be wrong)

Soldiers under mulberry
Soldier in Marijuana bush
Soldiers in paddy field

That hellipad appears to be somewhere in Doda

pmaitra

Some of the pictures are really interesting.

The hellipad hillock surrounded from all sides

The AK56 the square bullet AK74 (I may be wrong)

Soldiers under mulberry
Soldier in Marijuana bush
Soldiers in paddy field

That hellipad appears to be somewhere in Doda
Square bullet? Can you please quote the picture?

I believe you are looking at a spent case, that has been trampled under foot.

Bhadra

Country flag
Not exactly square but flattened bullet of AK -74 types

pmaitra

Not exactly square but flattened bullet of AK -74 types
Can you please quote the picture? I have not seen any flattened bullet; flattened spent cartridge cases, yes. Also, those are 7.62 mm, not 5.45 mm, IIANM, so it is probably from an AK-47/AKM, not AK-74. Also, it does not look like that of 5.56 mm.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Couple of years back a tender was issued for acquisition of holographic sights compatible on AK47s used by RR and PARA.did it go any further or is stuck on the red tape? As the elite units like para sf, ghataks and regular paras use a variety of weapons unlike regular inftry where there will be either insas or akm ,are the soldiers in these elite units free to chose their weapon of choice ? Much is said about the performance of PASGT helmets against m43 rounds.how about the degree of protection offered by the Russian helmets?I had read in some sites that compared to western helmets and armour the Russians are more advanced in this field and offer better protection.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Couple of years back a tender was issued for acquisition of holographic sights compatible on AK47s used by RR and PARA.did it go any further or is stuck on the red tape?
May be..

As the elite units like para sf, ghataks and regular paras use a variety of weapons unlike regular inftry where there will be either insas or akm ,are the soldiers in these elite units free to chose their weapon of choice ?
No, the issue is given, Cant say about PARA SF, seems some use M4 and Some like Tar-21..

Much is said about the performance of PASGT helmets against m43 rounds.how about the degree of protection offered by the Russian helmets?I had read in some sites that compared to western helmets and armour the Russians are more advanced in this field and offer better protection.
They give better protection but very heavy and uncomfortable..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
No, the issue is given, Cant say about PARA SF, seems some use M4 and Some like Tar-21..
Isn't the akms and vz58s still in service with para sf?am asking vzs are seen with 9th para during the war games in rajasthan last year and aks are seen along with tavors.only M4s are missing only found in some promotional vedios.Any way selecting M4 gives a good proof that weapons acquisition process are shady.coz better options like sig552 and Hk416 etc were available. Did Special forces make use of navigational aids like the one used in the movie tears of sun ie like with some sort of help from satellites etc?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Isn't the akms and vz58s still in service with para sf?am asking vzs are seen with 9th para during the war games in rajasthan last year and aks are seen along with tavors.only M4s are missing only found in some promotional vedios.Any way selecting M4 gives a good proof that weapons acquisition process are shady.coz better options like sig552 and Hk416 etc were available. Did Special forces make use of navigational aids like the one used in the movie tears of sun ie like with some sort of help from satellites etc?
I cannot give so detail input Coz i dont know myself, Yes VZ-58 is with PARA SF but i dont think its issued to them anymore, But a unit can have such with request..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Did counter insurgency troops make use of navigational or tracking aids like the one used in the movie tears of sun ie like with some sort of help from GPS, Unmanned aerial vehicles,or satellites etc?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Did counter insurgency troops make use of navigational or tracking aids like the one used in the movie tears of sun ie like with some sort of help from GPS, Unmanned aerial vehicles,or satellites etc?
GPS ( Satellite ), Yes..

Small UAV ( Very recently ), Yes..

Compass, Yes..

MAP, Yes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles