Indian Automotive Sector

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
One thing that bugs me about the EV push, is India’s electricity generation expanding at a pace that will be able to keep up with the massive increase in EVs? Don’t want to go back to the load shedding era
Honestly worried about how ice ban would work in northeast , even in my city in 2023 load shedding is still happening monthly sometimes weekly and is likely happening in many other Ne cities , logically going with green hydrogen than ev is likely better which ig M Nitin is trying to do

abingdonboy

Country flag
Honestly worried about how ice ban would work in northeast , even in my city in 2023 load shedding is still happening monthly sometimes weekly and is likely happening in many other Ne cities , logically going with green hydrogen than ev is likely better which ig M Nitin is trying to do
Even hydrogen would create the need for radically different filling infrastructure than exists today. Hydrogen is definitely the future but the tech isn’t quite there today and the infra is even further behind.

+ for NE I’d have thought it would be logical to aggressively pursue hydro power?

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
Even hydrogen would create the need for radically different filling infrastructure than exists today. Hydrogen is definitely the future but the tech isn’t quite there today and the infra is even further behind.

+ for NE I’d have thought it would be logical to aggressively pursue hydro power?
let's just say hydro is somewhat of a bet , if a mass hydro revolution is underway good for us but there was a incident from what i heard where a hydro was not producing enough electricity due to water not being well enough to make signifance to the turbines , honestly worries me as hydro is fully dependent on mother nature and climate change is not helping it , one solution i can see is mass wind power which could supplement hydro , to think of it i wonder why they aren't going for that route

Kumata

Country flag
well... for. me eletric cars are just those woke things... 😂 😂

biggest scam is climate change

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
One thing that bugs me about the EV push, is India’s electricity generation expanding at a pace that will be able to keep up with the massive increase in EVs? Don’t want to go back to the load shedding era
Initial push will be include hybrid and hydrogen commerical vehicles. EVs being normalized will take decades when country as ample electricity but process has begun at full scale.

Even diesel generator based recharging stations are good enough since pollution is restricted at one place where it can be controlled or treated.

There will be no ICE ban any time soon in India. Normalization of EVs will gradually replace combustion engines. Electric motors are a far cleaner and energy efficient source for thrust than an IC engine which basically runs on expansions in exothermic reactions and most energy gets waste in form of heat. And unlike IC engines which breathe on air and are greatly affected by air & temperature at remote areas, EVs will be least affected until conditions are extreme enough to affect their performance (such extreme conditions would already have jammed an IC engine).
Do you know the difference between an EV and a combustion engine vehicle?

Far from being woke, EV is a next generation era of transportation and a geopolitical target for India.

Eradicating dependence on middle east on oil, acquiring absolute energy efficiency in transportation, facilitate an all weather unaffected drive for people boosting economy everywhere and nearly one fifth of air pollution diminished.
Climate change is a reality. Although it is quite different from what uneducated teenage activists showcase it to be.

The solution for same is controlling wastages and vanity things in west, not closing down emerging industries in Asia which don't even produce a fraction of pollution as compared to former one.

abingdonboy

Country flag

True to an extent-EVs are a woke status symbol in the West BUT (and this is just my fantasy maybe) I think behind all the green talk in india PMO is actually trying to reduce its dependence on all external entities and energy is by far the biggest one of those.

renewables, nuclear,’green’ hydrogen etc are all a way of divesting from external energy sources. Heck an EV network 100% fuelled by Indian coal is a better outcome than being dependant on the oil cartels

of course no one wants to say the above out loud so they’ll greenwash and pander to the retards in the Left

As for climate change- it happens, we can debate until the rest of our lives what they causes are but the best strategy is to invest in adaptation not trying to reduce carbon emissions at the cost of economic activity. It’s not the doomsday scenario the authoritarian left wants us to believe.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
True to an extent-EVs are a woke status symbol in the West BUT (and this is just my fantasy maybe) I think behind all the green talk in india PMO is actually trying to reduce its dependence on all external entities and energy is by far the biggest one of those.

renewables, nuclear,’green’ hydrogen etc are all a way of divesting from external energy sources. Heck an EV network 100% fuelled by Indian coal is a better outcome than being dependant on the oil cartels

of course no one wants to say the above out loud so they’ll greenwash and pander to the retards in the Left

As for climate change- it happens, we can debate until the rest of our lives what they causes are but the best strategy is to invest in adaptation not trying to reduce carbon emissions at the cost of economic activity. It’s not the doomsday scenario the authoritarian left wants us to believe.
diversification of energy sources, is a stated policy of modi govt, nothing hidden.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
True to an extent-EVs are a woke status symbol in the West BUT (and this is just my fantasy maybe)
Wokeism has no relation with EV or any kind of SciTech thing.

EVs are a love for American techies and calling them wokes is calling American space enthusiasts woke who are unrelated to LGBT politics and are focused on landing on Mars and deep space missions.

US scientific society and NASA/DARPA fans are a separate bunch of people from conservatives & wokes who aren't interested in political things at first place. I'm sure you will love them if you come across any.

We have an Indian bunch of such techies related to ISRO, C-DAC & Deep Ocean Mission techies who didn't join DFI and run pure non political forums. They are great people but they just disgust political debate at all (probably why they are so cheerful).

Kumata

Country flag
Do you know the difference between an EV and a combustion engine vehicle?

Far from being woke, EV is a next generation era of transportation and a geopolitical target for India.

Eradicating dependence on middle east on oil, acquiring absolute energy efficiency in transportation, facilitate an all weather unaffected drive for people boosting economy everywhere and nearly one fifth of air pollution diminished.

Climate change is a reality. Although it is quite different from what uneducated teenage activists showcase it to be..
Sir... I very well understand the diff being from engineering background. the farce is that we are burning tons of fossil fuels to generate that elsuive unit of electric city... Still, I believe hybrid is the way forward...

as for climate change et all goes... it's a natural phenomenon.. basics what goes in does goes out...earth have it, 's own ways to balance and she will at her own pace.

Need for us is to adopt means of mass public transportation but.. we all know the ground situation. People r forced to buy vehicles as they do not have a option... everyone wants comfort for themselves and families... govt need taxes money from these cars... now where is the climate thing..do we think there is no emmision in making electric cars.. the batteries are filled to brim with toxicity and we are talking of climate change by adopting electric vehicles..

bigger point is that climate change cannot be stopped... we are used to our comforts... as for emissions and costs goes... find out the cost of battery replacement in 6 or 7 odd years... it costs more than what u will spend on fuel...now we need to factor in amount of coal burned to generate that much power..if u r saying that solar or wind power be used than we don't have that much money and real state to full fill all demand using just these... Europe is classic example of this....

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Sir... I very well understand the diff being from engineering background. the farce is that we are burning tons of fossil fuels to generate that elsuive unit of electric city... Still, I believe hybrid is the way forward...

as for climate change et all goes... it's a natural phenomenon.. basics what goes in does goes out...earth have it, 's own ways to balance and she will at her own pace.

Need for us is to adopt means of mass public transportation but.. we all know the ground situation. People r forced to buy vehicles as they do not have a option... everyone wants comfort for themselves and families... govt need taxes money from these cars... now where is the climate thing..do we think there is no emmision in making electric cars.. the batteries are filled to brim with toxicity and we are talking of climate change by adopting electric vehicles..

bigger point is that climate change cannot be stopped... we are used to our comforts... as for emissions and costs goes... find out the cost of battery replacement in 6 or 7 odd years... it costs more than what u will spend on fuel...now we need to factor in amount of coal burned to generate that much power..if u r saying that solar or wind power be used than we don't have that much money and real state to full fill all demand using just these... Europe is classic example of this....
Also the lithium is very rare and not a lot of it is found on earth

Blademaster

No climate change is not a natural phenomenon. It is man made and the earth does have its own way of balancing and it starts with.... killing off whoever caused it in the first place, i.e., humans. Ignoring the impact of climate change is dooming the human race in the long run.

We have to face the consequences of the climate change and adapt accordingly and minimize future impact thereon.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Are you kidding me? Look at the glaciers melting in the Himalayas and causing massive subsidence in the lower hills. Climate change is real.
He means climate change is natural process and humans can't do anything about it.
Climate changes have occurred multiple times in the past when humans didn't even exist.
Wokes are using climate change circus to de- industrialize developing countries

Blademaster

He means climate change is natural process and humans can't do anything about it.
Climate changes have occurred multiple times in the past when humans didn't even exist.
Wokes are using climate change circus to de- industrialize developing countries
Those natural occuring climate changes occurred over the span of at least one millenium to several millennium whereas the climate change occurred over the last 100 years and ours is the highest concentration of CO2. No other natural occurring climate change came close.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Sir... I very well understand the diff being from engineering background. the farce is that we are burning tons of fossil fuels to generate that elsuive unit of electric city
IC engines are pure mechanical and don't generate electricity. They run on mechanical energy of exothermic reactions.

Then, I never talked about fossil fuel burning in energy sector. And it is true in terms of physics that we are totally wasting a lot of chemical energy in IC engines and it costs huge forex to our country, it also responsible for a quarter of air pollution in India.
This concern is not a farce.
No, we are not talking about natural climate change. We are talking about climate change caused by human activities in era of anthropocene.
bigger point is that climate change cannot be stopped
It can slowed down in particular parts of earth. If people let anything happen like idiots, there is no one else to blame for extinction later. Indians are going to be worst affected people, given being stuck between era of industrialisation and rural underdevelopment.
Also the lithium is very rare and not a lot of it is found on earth
Lithium isn't being consumed in tonnes and like petrol and other sort of batteries can be developed which actually are being.

Rarity of Lithium is not a valid argument against rarity of highly costly consumable fossil fuel.

Kumata

Country flag
Are you kidding me? Look at the glaciers melting in the Himalayas and causing massive subsidence in the lower hills. Climate change is real.
I live very near to himalayas...and the water stream behind my house is from one of those places...tell. me how many times have u seen that happening with your own eyes.. I stop believing in all bullshit dished out by media and Greta...

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Lithium isn't being consumed in tonnes and like petrol and other sort of batteries can be developed which actually are being.

Rarity of Lithium is not a valid argument against rarity of highly costly consumable fossil fuel.
BYD is supposed to launch sodium ion battery this year

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles