Indian Army T- 90 (Bhishma) and T- 72 (M-1) Tanks

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Comrades is there any news of new apfsds ammo for t 90 or t 72 .
Penetration of 650 mm rha from 2000 metres ? Or still mango rounds of 460 mm rha Penetration of the hull at 2000 metres?
T90 is getting an upgrade that's the only thing I know

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
T90 is getting an upgrade that's the only thing I know
Brother upgrade is ok but what type ?
India operates only t 90 s tanks na ?
So what type basically, like changing of main gun , procuring of new ammo ?
We manufacture same mango rounds of 1986 on license since 2018.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Brother upgrade is ok but what type ?
India operates only t 90 s tanks na ?
So what type basically, like changing of main gun , procuring of new ammo ?
We manufacture same mango rounds of 1986 on license since 2018.
May be new ERA like relikt or May be to MS standard

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
But i have a feeling it will end up like that leds 150 saga .
And our men will be forced to fight in tincans

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Dc0Jvv7V4AEhpnZ.jpeg
E6GvRW1VIAImLeC.jpeg

Look carefully in these two pics , do you some problem?
Well i do , the hull and turret are well protected indeed but the sides and backside of the turret and engine are well plain exposed .
Army should Mount ERA mk 1 of Combat improved ajeya on such exposed areas, cover whole tank with era both mk 2 and mk1 .

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
The current upgrade programme is too piecemeal IMHO. There is a proposal for ERA upgrade, another proposal for APS, another one for improved ammo etc. mostly from DRDO/OFB side.

I feel we should go for a comprehensive upgrade by signing a deal with Russians/Ukrainians/Israelis (whoever quotes lowest). All of them have shown interest in past about T-series tank upgrade programme.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
What i have inferred from past readings of this thread is Russians took us for a ride very badly.
We manufacture own armour steel for t 90 tanks, the sights are there well and good.
The only issue is aps , Apu, more comprehensive era, new tank gun which can endure pressure above 650 megapascals , and new apfsds rounds with better penetration better thab fsapsds mk 2 by drdo.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
The current upgrade programme is too piecemeal IMHO. There is a proposal for ERA upgrade, another proposal for APS, another one for improved ammo etc. mostly from DRDO/OFB side.

I feel we should go for a comprehensive upgrade by signing a deal with Russians/Ukrainians/Israelis (whoever quotes lowest). All of them have shown interest in past about T-series tank upgrade programme.
I think its better to split these programs up. Linking them together only makes sense if we want, like you said, foreigners to do ALL the upgrades. Its better to do the gun and ammo upgrades in house at least. It will be a slow process, but totally worth it in the long run.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
I think its better to split these programs up. Linking them together only makes sense if we want, like you said, foreigners to do ALL the upgrades. Its better to do the gun and ammo upgrades in house at least. It will be a slow process, but totally worth it in the long run.
Drdo can make a new 125 mm tank gun , it indeed can make it.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles