Indian Army T- 90 (Bhishma) and T- 72 (M-1) Tanks

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ok. Now can you please stop advertising?.. This is a thread for T-72/90 & their upgrades or derivatives.

Here's your T-14 thread; https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/t-14-armata.32008/
Rusky-daddy's .... worshipping thread don't exist. Create yourself one if you need. You'll find enough fans to agree with your baseless opinions & conspiracy theories.
you sound triggered for no reason. I am not the one ordering 464 more T 90 or paying money to russians for TOT , MOD is.
and people who work there have IQ well above 80 unlike this forum as they know ground realities.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Yo @ArgonPrime. Check this photo.

It definitely looks like the turret bustle was expanded in TankEx (sone prototype atleast)... And it can't hold as many round in the hull as Arjun, so they'll have to make space in bustle. The latter definitely is a primary prototype. Opinion?
Arjun Mk1.jpg
EilpCSfXsAEFtUJ.jpeg

you sound triggered for no reason. I am not the one ordering 464 more T 90 or paying money to russians for TOT , MOD is.
Yes.
Russia's paid DALALs are ordering 464 weakspot ridden, cramped deathtraps in 20-year-old configuration at costlier than K2 & paying $2mil/tank as tribute... While their unpaid DALALs are doing free promotion of not battle-proven experiments & making up bullshit conspiracy theories when falsely over-advertised Russian tech fail to perform in competition.
IMO that's pretty good reason to be triggered!

Now please try not to derail the thread with your daddy-praising anymore. Stay on topic.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

It definitely looks like the turret bustle was expanded in TankEx (sone prototype atleast)... And it can't hold as many round in the hull as Arjun, so they'll have to make space in bustle. The latter definitely is a primary prototype. Opinion?
View attachment 61417View attachment 61418

Yes.
Russia's paid DALALs are ordering 464 weakspot ridden, cramped deathtraps in 20-year-old configuration costlier than K2 & paying $2mil/tank as tribute... While their unpaid DALALs are doing free promotion of not battle-proven experiments & making up bullshit conspiracy theories when falsely over-advertised Russian tech fail in competition.

Now please try not to derail the thread with your daddy-praising anymore. Stay on topic.
1.2 billion in that deal is for TOT. Yes ERA mk2 is nothing but Kontakt 5, whether you like it or not.
I do not think MOD, army is interested in your or twitter warriors or my advice before buying tanks now, otherwise they would have ordered beloved Arjun, K 2 already. Instead we all know what's happening or happened already. Only dalal in this country are the ones who put there personal interests over national security and those are not in military higher up or MOD, that's for sure.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Yeah, did notice that in an earlier post. The bustle indeed seems to have been modified and so is the engine deck. I wonder, why did they leave so much empty space between the hull and the bustle, there is easily enough room for adding at least 2 more rows of ammo racks.

I wish they do the same with Arjun's hull as well. Either get a more compact power pack and thereby eliminating the need for raising of the engine deck or bring the hull at the same level as the engine deck along the entirety of its length. The present configuration is beyond abysmal.

Yes.
Russia's paid DALALs are ordering 464 weakspot ridden, cramped deathtraps in 20-year-old configuration at costlier than K2 & paying $2mil/tank as tribute... While their unpaid DALALs are doing free promotion of not battle-proven experiments & making up bullshit conspiracy theories when falsely over-advertised Russian tech fail to perform in competition.

Truer words have never been said.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
1.2 billion in that deal is for TOT. Yes ERA mk2 is nothing but Kontakt 5, whether you like it or not.
I do not think MOD, army is interested in your or twitter warriors or my advice before buying tanks now, otherwise they would have ordered beloved Arjun, K 2 already. Instead we all know what's happening or happened already. Only dalal in this country are the ones who put there personal interests over national security and those are not in military higher up or MOD, that's for sure.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
The Indian army had initiated a projected to install APS on its T-72 and T-90s in 2016-2017 under Make in India category. Consequently, the proposal was put under Defense Indian Startup challenge (DISC), open to star-ups, MSME and other private players. A company named Kinetix engineering from Bangalore, who have previously supplied sub-systems for missiles and rockets to DRDO and ISRO, have been declared the winner.
In the same DISC challenge Tombo Imaging won the competition for see through armour for existing MBTs and BMP in IA arsenal.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The Indian army had initiated a projected to install APS on its T-72 and T-90s in 2016-2017 under Make in India category. Consequently, the proposal was put under Defense Indian Startup challenge (DISC), open to star-ups, MSME and other private players. A company named Kinetix engineering from Bangalore, who have previously supplied sub-systems for missiles and rockets to DRDO and ISRO, have been declared the winner.
In the same DISC challenge Tombo Imaging won the competition for see through armour for existing MBTs and BMP in IA arsenal.
current update.

Poseidon

Country flag
Well Pakis have shitty Chinese tanks, but one thing they approached Ukraine for ERA and APS like Varta. Our procurement process selected LEDS150 but nothing materialised, but who cares.
We always play catch up
No Paki tanks are fitted with APS. Thy tested them but did not but them. No APS spotted on new VT-4 either

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Combat approved program on Russian ERA. They even used 4S22 explosive which is used in kontakt 5 for testing. they even showed Arena APS along with Israeli and other countries delegation coming to see it in early 2000 , as there was no system like it out there at that time. I think someone in Russia was reading discussion on this thread and decided to do a episode :lol:. @shuvo@y2k10 @Bleh

Last edited:

Trololo

Country flag
Upgrade the Indian t-90 to Prooryv3 standards with contract to a private company. Use Arjun subsystems and load it with all bells and whistles needed. We have around 2100 of these tanks I believe. Upgrading 1500 can be more than enough for Pak and China. Remaining can be reserves or second line of defence.

Trololo

Country flag
Upgrade the Indian t-90 to Prooryv3 standards with contract to a private company. Use Arjun subsystems and load it with all bells and whistles needed. We have around 2100 of these tanks I believe. Upgrading 1500 can be more than enough for Pak and China. Remaining can be reserves or second line of defence.
I know I know PSU lobby.

Flying Dagger

Country flag

Yes.

2.5+ mn dollar each tank and if the production is delayed will have to pay more for license renewal perhaps. 🙂

Or they will renew it and show it as some sort of favor.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
In addition to Kinetic-engineering Ltd. winning the Defence India Start-up Challenge (DISC) in APS category, the TBRL lab of DRDO also has an APS development program based on MMW radar and EFP projectiles. The EFP formed has impact velocity of 2000 m/s

TBRL APS.png

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
In addition to Kinetic-engineering Ltd. winning the Defence India Start-up Challenge (DISC) in APS category, the TBRL lab of DRDO also has an APS development program based on MMW radar and EFP projectiles. The EFP formed has impact velocity of 2000 m/s

View attachment 61653
It won't work against APFSDS but otherwise it's good.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
The TBRL (DRDO) APS system has been in development for a while. It first reports came in DRDO Technology focus 2017 publication. It is meant for rockets and ATGMs.
Coming to Indian Army DISC challenge, their problem statement states that intercept target projectiles with velocity up-to 1000 m/s , with an option to upgrade to include KE projectiles intercept capability in the future. This competition was won by Kinetic-engineering Ltd.
https://indianarmy.nic.in/makeinindia/Make Proj One page Brief New.pdf

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
The t 72 should be upgraded to levels of eastern european country .
As a tank , it's good and if protection is upgraded by adding aps and new era and missile firing capability by gun , ac, night fighting capability , new tracks etc then it will be very good and ammunition compartment must be secured because, I have heard that it's the most vulnerable part of t 72.
Armour plates of Kanchan armor should be attached on the sides and era on it .
And chains between turret and chassy , to defeat small RPG etc .

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
As a tank , it's good and if protection is upgraded by adding aps and new era and missile firing capability by gun , ac, night fighting capability , new tracks etc then it will be very good and ammunition compartment must be secured because, I have heard that it's the most vulnerable part of t 72.
Plus extra fuel barrels must not be exposed but protected by adding compartment around it .
New secure communication system also

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Kanchan armour is not that great as it is advertised from what i heard. Indian army is more satisfied with T 90S composite armour with it's improved reflective plates than Kanchan on bhishma.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles