Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
With all the NGSW going around in US what's MOD's plan ? They dont want heavy recoil. wants shoot to kill what's going on here?
tumblr_inline_nmx5oivypU1qapn73_540.jpg

> Almost negligible recoil. It's going to just gently kiss you on your shoulders.

> Can you see the holes arround the barrel? I mean good luck getting a bullet jammed in this gun.

> Definitely a shoot to kill. Just look at all her curves. She can kill by her looks alone.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
The controversy in the nutshell.

1. Either Wire doing its usual whore job for some competitor.
2. MOD does not want to buy the weapon due to cost, so they cooking up the story. ( This is not a good way to shun the company).
3. OFB ammo is shit .
4. Gun is shit.
5. Chandigarh Lobby may find some good commission from some competitors so they try to buy them by cooking story to MOD.
6. Complete cluelessness from Army procurement.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
View attachment 154266

> Almost negligible recoil. It's going to just gently kiss you on your shoulders.

> Can you see the holes arround the barrel? I mean good luck getting a bullet jammed in this gun.

> Definitely a shoot to kill. Just look at all her curves. She can kill by her looks alone.

At this rate we are going to fight in Rajput style wearing body armour riding the horse charging against the China.

not so dravidian

Country flag
new 7.62 nato and 5.56 rounds was to be tested by arde/tbrl with better burn rate. Any news on that??

Maybe this is cud done on behalf of army request??

Cud someone ask alpha defence in Twitter??

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I believe that this cancellation was a deliberate move and teething problems are being presented as 'glitches'.

The truth is Sig Sauer quoted a higher price on the rifles than the $990 for the initial batch. They also need all available tooling and equipment to prepare for production of the XM5 (MCX Spear) for the US Army and Marines.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...er-to-build-its-next-generation-squad-weapon/

Then there is also hostile Biden Government who can cause all sorts of problems with supplies and sanctions for supporting Russia by proxy. The follow on order was sought during the Trump regime.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/wap.bu...ndia-under-catsaa-blinken-122041200369_1.html

Also one of the reasons for the follow up order was the AK 203 deal not progressing satisfactorily which now appears to be a moot point.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.econ...an-sigsauer-guns/amp_articleshow/74001571.cms

The Army recently allowed for half of the existing lot of 72,400 rifles to have II tube scopes which actually cost more than the rifles.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ti...t-improved-night-fighting-capabilities/843741

Also Indian Defence Industry is now capable of making AR-15 / AR-10 rifles. The Sig 716i is an AR 10.

Anyway my take on the issue.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I don't know much about light weapons, but I think India's move is right, the reason
1. The recoil of 7.62 is too much, it has exceeded the limit that people can bear, I have seen a video, when an Indian soldier used SIG716 to fire bursts, the recoil caused him to fall,
2. The problem of the scope, I have collected a lot of pictures of SIG716, they either use the old INSAS rifle scope, or the single magnification holographic scope or the red dot scope,
However, the advantage of SIG716 is that it is used beyond 400m, so a high-magnification scope is required, at least AOCG,
And for ordinary infantry, the SIG716 is redundant
It's more important to spend your money on some scopes than on more guns
We have all seen that video which was posted here long back . Again his position and handling was poor too.

Problem of scope ?

The Shrike

Country flag
The controversy in the nutshell.

1. Either Wire doing its usual whore job for some competitor.
2. MOD does not want to buy the weapon due to cost, so they cooking up the story. ( This is not a good way to shun the company).
3. OFB ammo is shit .
4. Gun is shit.
5. Chandigarh Lobby may find some good commission from some competitors so they try to buy them by cooking story to MOD.
6. Complete cluelessness from Army procurement.
All of the above? :lehappy:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles