Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

Jimih

Country flag

abingdonboy

Country flag
Army uses ‘jugaad’ to turn the American SiG 716 into a mean rifle for soldiers at LoC

This article seems to think that the second batch of 72K 716s has been ordered but haven’t seen any formal contract signing or comment from SIG about this

@Gessler

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
This article seems to think that the second batch of 72K 716s has been ordered but haven’t seen any formal contract signing or comment from SIG about this

@Gessler
Firearm blog says sig confirmed it.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Firearm blog says sig confirmed it.
I think all these media sources are just quoting each other

Until it’s confirmed by the actual OEM I can’t say it’s official

we all know the IA will scream from the rooftops (along with the MoD) if/when they sign any contracts considering how rare that actually is these days

saketkr

Country flag
I think all these media sources are just quoting each other

Until it’s confirmed by the actual OEM I can’t say it’s official

we all know the IA will scream from the rooftops (along with the MoD) if/when they sign any contracts considering how rare that actually is these days
This is a report from a year back, published on July 14, 2020. It is old news!

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Some media houses don't have anything to write regarding sig or insas replacement so they keep on circulating old reports by paraphrasing n adding masala.
ANI quotes government sources announcing 1.44 Lakh Sig 716i were ordered.

According to Colonel Aman Anand, Army spokesperson, all infantry battalions deployed at key locations have got this weapon while in other infantry, 50 per cent of troops have it.
Approximately 1 lakh 44 Sig Sauer rifles have been given to Indian troops, government sources said.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.an...fles-from-indian-soldiers20210313224642?amp=1

Wisemarko

Country flag
@Wisemarko is an ACOG cheaper than an LPVO or is it the other way around?
LVPO come in a very wide price range. There are some high-end only (doesn’t necessarily mean better) optic makers such as Trijicon (their Credo line is really good). But many manufacturers make a range of LVPO such as Primary Arms, Burris, Vortex.

Most law enforcement and militaries buy only the expensive brands mainly because they get good discounts, their budgets are big and usually have a history with using a particular brand.

That does not mean that a $400 LVPO is bad or will not do the job. Almost all LVPO in $400-500 range are weatherproof, shock proof and hold a zero with excellent clarity and field of view even after heavy use.

ACOG has a fixed magnification and it’s own advantage for that but for AR-10 that is not enough.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles