Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

rkhanna

Country flag
Every individual soldiers who wielded sig 716i do not need scope which is extra burden of weight for them. Only the dmr or sniper needs. The fin sniper world record holder even prefers iron sight instead. Sorry don't jump on me expensive and shinny scope pushers it hardly works in monsoonal muddy jungles for example.
Almost every soldier, RR or otherwise, in Kashmir has some type of optic on their long gun today.

Why would normal infantry not require one on the IB ?

Alot of countries use optics in all kinds of enviornment. It's a question of getting the right kit for troops in the right theater.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Almost every soldier, RR or otherwise, in Kashmir has some type of optic on their long gun today.

Why would normal infantry not require one on the IB ?

Alot of countries use optics in all kinds of enviornment. It's a question of getting the right kit for troops in the right theater.
Upto what ranges are red dots and holographi/reflex sights effective?

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
At this point all of should realise that variable power optics may never come for the time beings in large numbers, we should instead see what kind of affordable fixed power magnified optics may work for us instead. We must also remember IA does not really deal with smaller unknown companies for whatever the reasons they may be so we should consider that too. So far IA has used Eotech, Aimpoint, Trijicon, Schmidt and Bender, Leupold, Zeiss(now Hendsholdt), Falke etc. We also need to remember so other European companies have personally banned sales to us over “Hooman RiGhTs violations” so that also needs to be considered.

Let me set the ball rolling, check out the 5x30mm Sig Sauer Bravo 5, $439 only.

The reason I feel this is better is since IA likes dealing with the OEM only so Sig may provide better prices if we include these along with few pieces of Sig Tango 6t LPVOs if we buy more guns from them.
Others input would be cool

FalconZero

Country flag
To Indian army planners- your beautiful SIG rifle is significantly less effective without a decent LPVO - it’s a crime not to put an optic on such a firearm. Below is what I have for my AR-10. The difference in accuracy beyond 100 meters is not an argument.

View attachment 98760Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24 (sadly Made in China)
Every individual soldiers who wielded sig 716i do not need scope which is extra burden of weight for them. Only the dmr or sniper needs. The fin sniper world record holder even prefers iron sight instead. Sorry don't jump on me expensive and shinny scope pushers it hardly works in monsoonal muddy jungles for example.
While browsing /k/ i first came to know about LPVO from actual operators and almost everyone was praising it and to know more about em, so i got interested into it and found this video of LPVO :

And these things are just amazing, he was hitting close to 600 yards, (550m) with ease, one thing it highlighted was the difference between a setup for practice where contrast is too high so you can easily distinguish with likes of ACOG etc but when it comes to serious actual fight with mixed terrain or lack of light that's where LPVOs shine.

Though few users pointed about the issues during night time, i didn't look it up. But yeah, we should focus on mix of LPVOs and maybe normal BEL red dot or arjun thermal sights which are just amazing, watch taliban videos to know more about em.

Also, watch the above video i found it very informative for even someone who is noob like me was able to understand things.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
100 metres for reflex and 200-250 for an EOTech but it will stress your vision a lot, Americans use ACOG on M4A1s and are going to make LPVOs as standard issue with new infantry rifle, we haven’t standardised grips yet, IMO atleast Magnifier and BEL Holographic sight combo should be made standard as you will not spend additional money on lasers which are standard in US Military.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
At this point all of should realise that variable power optics may never come for the time beings in large numbers, we should instead see what kind of affordable fixed power magnified optics may work for us instead. We must also remember IA does not really deal with smaller unknown companies for whatever the reasons they may be so we should consider that too. So far IA has used Eotech, Aimpoint, Trijicon, Schmidt and Bender, Leupold, Zeiss(now Hendsholdt), Falke etc. We also need to remember so other European companies have personally banned sales to us over “Hooman RiGhTs violations” so that also needs to be considered.

Let me set the ball rolling, check out the 5x30mm Sig Sauer Bravo 5, $439 only.

The reason I feel this is better is since IA likes dealing with the OEM only so Sig may provide better prices if we include these along with few pieces of Sig Tango 6t LPVOs if we buy more guns from them.
Others input would be cool
Cheaper than EOTech holographic sights, lol.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
It is a Prismatic Battle Sight, if I’m not wrong essentially the tech used in regular red dot sights.
This sight is basically a magnified red dot with a choice of reticles.
That SiG one? If it is a 5x magnifying red dot then it is too good! It will be good with our SiGs.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
It's not about range,
They offer no magnification whatsoever, but they are faster than regular iron sights in target acquisition, so in the same 100-200 metre you will be able to deliver much accurate shots, and better follow up shots, reduces reaction time, keep both eye open, advantages over iron sights
But alternatively you can add a magnifyer behind a HOLO

Wisemarko

Country flag
I think you need to learn more about rifles and modern optics.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles